Accomodation in koh samui

greek

check out CORAL COVE. That's exactly BETWEEN Lamai and Chaweng.

Private beach access. Quiet but you might rent a motobike (Bht 120-150/day) anyway.

Name of the place i forgot but it is a little bungalow group in the middle of "Coral Cove Resort" and "Coral Cove Chalet".

Price should vary between Bht. 400-700 a day depending if first (beach) or second row.

Restaurant on premises.

If you want you may try to pay surcharge even to use the pool at "Coral Cove Chalet". Ask Ben at the reception desk.

Chaweng will be very busy during Xmas times. Same might refer to Lamai.

enjoy your stay....

Lamaii inn is located on the beach, and walking distance to shops, bars, and the Bauhous disco with its amazing thai architecture - one of the nicest i have seen anywhere.   in fact you can walk anywhere in lamaii, its a small town but has just got its first macdonalds!!!

also the food at lamaii inn is very good, and the restraunt overlooks the beach.

Chaweng is much bigger, need a motorbike to get around, but is also more upscale with more going on.  (they've had a macdonalds for years...)

it's about a 15-20 minute motorbike ride from lamaii to chaweng.

either way, you can visit both places, and have a great time!

regarding cost to arrive Samui: NOT at all Bht 6,000 unless u decide to fly with Bangkok Airways... there is e.g. possibilty to take the "24" bus frm Bkk Train Station South. Its approx 800 Bht one way and u will save a night to pay in Samui coz (if u book the night trip) your trip to Samui will be 10 hours.

Both Chaweng and Lamai do offer EVERYTHING you expect. My Coral Cove proposal is for those who do prefer privacy but still have good *easy reachable) distance to both main touristic beaches...

Hi Greek

It really does depend on what you are looking for from your time on samui. I find chaweng a little too much to stay for long, though a night out there for me is a great change.... there is certainly more variety of entertainment in chaweng than, say Lamai.

Samuisams recomendation is a good one, Lamai inn is a good price in a good location. Lamia is much more laid back than chaweng, & if you have no problem with hiring a motobike then stay lamia, with regular trips to chaweng and around the island thrown in....... thats what i do anyway!

• 2 weeks later...
chaweng is often under the flight path for the airplanes landing in samui. try mae nam, friendlier, less touristic, nice beach, good range of bungalow prices without being on top of each other like chaweng and lamai.

Check for a place called "Matalang". It is in chaweng beach. If you walk along the Chawang beach, it is around 5 Hotels distance from Amari. From the Road, it is bit difficult for me to explain how to go. I am sure Taxi People will direct you to this place. Prices range from 300 Bht up per Bungalow.  Good food and good location. They have a Bike Rent Service Too.

Do not miss the 4 lovely Waterfalls and the superb SeaFood Restaurants open along the Chawang Beach in the night.

What a place to be!!!