Warm Up Bar Chiang Mai

mojo80

So any advice on the place.......types of clientel, girls etc etc do's dont's, costs, and the chance of at least meeting some nice women?

It's a very popular Thai student bar/restaurant/disco, some farang there but they're a small minority. It is definitely not a bargirl place, if you treat the women like they're for rent you'll get into trouble. If you're young, presentable, speak Thai and like discos, go for it. If you're old, unattractive and/or don't speak Thai you won't get very far.

So any advice on the place.......types of clientel, girls etc etc do's dont's, costs, and the chance of at least meeting some nice women?

It's a very popular Thai student bar/restaurant/disco, some farang there but they're a small minority. It is definitely not a bargirl place, if you treat the women like they're for rent you'll get into trouble. If you're young, presentable, speak Thai and like discos, go for it. If you're old, unattractive and/or don't speak Thai you won't get very far.

It is the most popular place for Chiang Mai's students. It is also the place where you will find the hottest girls in Chiang Mai. If you want to mix with a more farang crowd/girls who want meet farang then hang out around the cocktail bar and also inside the Lounge (dance/house room, open Fridays and Saturdays) on the left as you walk in. If you want to meet some 'good' (whatever that means) girls and can speak some Thai, then head to the main room at the back (packed on Fridays and Saturdays). It's a great place to meet women. If you've been to RCA, then in terms of clientel it's similar to Route 66, so do and don't as you would there.

Prices are cheap and they also do good food.

This is the best Bar in CM IMHO. THe wife and I went there all the time. THey have some of the best live bands and the food is fantastic.

Most of the farang stick to the louge (Techno, some nights it's really bad techno...)

As stated above. Don't go unless you speak Thai or going with THai friends, because for a farang it can be hard to break into a conversation, as most of the other patrons won't strike up a conversation in English with you.

My experience always went like this:

I went in early to reserve a table while my wife and her friends got ready and did all the girly stuff. As I walked in, sat down and got a menu, no Thai girl would look at me, the second I start ordering in Thai a bunch of heads would turn and smile.

Cliff notes:

Fun place

get there early for a table or reserve earlier in the day (3pmish)

Great looking girls

Great food

Speak Thai or go with Thai friends

What I said isn't 100% binding to all situations

As for Monkey, I feel it gets too crowded, more so than Warm Up. However, they do have some great bands pass through

For a chill sit down, Try Berlin, CHEAP drinks there (60-120baht for a mixed drink) They are behind monkey on soi 5-7 or so.

Thanks guys, I won't be able to return to Thailand for another 2-3 years and now I REALLY miss warm up... :o