Are You Familiar With Ear Drum Massage?

T_Dog

Are you familiar with Ear Drum Massage?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Select the most appropriate response about Ear Drum Massage.

• I have never heard of Ear Drum Massage.
    • I have heard of Ear Drum Massage but have NOT experienced it.
    • I have had Ear Drum Massage performed on me.
    • I am familiar enough with Ear Drum Massage to safely adminster it.

This poll is closed to new votes

Amazing Thailand! Apparently many teenagers and adults in Thailand (and maybe elsewhere in the world) have been doing this for eons. They take a human hair and twist it to make it firm, and then in the ear of their friend it goes. It apparently causes quite a rush. My question: Is it safe? Have you experienced it?

One time while I was in Cambodia I went to a massage house. A Vietnamese girl took me upstairs and starting doing the hair in the ear massage. No rush but it felt good having my ear scratched inside. Never seen or heard of it in Thailand.

Believe me, it is not massaging the tympanic membrane (ear drum). It's stimulating the ear canal. A smaller (and safer) variation of this is the bit some masseuses do whereby they put their little finger in your ear and then remove it.

Poking anything firm into the air canal is potentially dangerous, could perforate the airdrum.

A hair will not perforate the tympanic membrane which is 3 layers thich... and amazingly strong for how thin it is.

That said, massaging the ear drum sounds just plain idiotic, and it would not in any form or fashion feel good.

Even goofing around with someones ear canal seems pretty strange to me & potentially dangereous, but to each their own.

Massage? I wouldn't call it this myself, but if that is what it is know as then fine.

I would say it is more of a tickle. It feels quite nice if you like being tickled that is, and my step-daughter loves it. I have frequently seen her take one of her hairs and twist it and then use it on her own ears. She likes it so much :o

Amazing Thailand! Apparently many teenagers and adults in Thailand (and maybe elsewhere in the world) have been doing this for eons. They take a human hair and twist it to make it firm, and then in the ear of their friend it goes. It apparently causes quite a rush. My question: Is it safe? Have you experienced it?

You left out an important choice on your poll, namely "I had a Ear Drum Message and now I am deaf".