Go to a branch with your passport and open up savings account, they will give you a Visa Debit Card straight away, or in a few days with your name embossed on, then register for their Internet Banking and apply for the Web Shopping Card on-line. You don't get a physical card, but it works very well, when you use it the funds are immediately blocked in your savings account and taken a couple of days later.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/portal/site/KB...mp;vgnextpage=1

You can also get it verified by Visa and I suggest you do so. Bt100,000 limit which you may be able to raise, I don't know.

Very efficient, I use it all the time.

Be wary though that they use a One Time Password (OTP) system which can either be a 6 digit PIN sent to your mobile phone or an extra online password. Not convenient if you are not in LOS or don't have your phone handy. Still the best web service in LOS.

Hi

Somebody mentioned that you can go to K-Bank and get a Visa card, for online shopping (think it was Huggy) what do you do to get it, and what do they want you to bring with you to the bank

Thanks a lot

You might be referring to a debit card. You'll need an account there, with a fair amount of cash in it, passport, tambien baan book, oh, and your first-born male child. I bring in over a million baht a year to my branch, and went I went there for a credit card, they said sure - for 3,000 baht limit. <deleted>???? That won't even pay for a decent dinner party, never mind traveling to NZ or the US. Needless to say, I politely declined their kind offer and continue to use my Platinum card from NZ. It's a hel_l of a comedown going from a credit limit of 750,000 baht down to 3,000.

Sadly, they're the only game in town :-( It's a very small town.