Re-entry Question

I am an American on a 90-day Non-Immigrant "O" Visa expiring in June and need to go to India for a month or so.

I need a re-entry stamp and my question is as follows: Can I get a re-entry stamp at my regional immigration office (I live in Chaiyaphum which makes my regional office Ta Lee) or do I have to go all the way back to BKK to get it?

Thank you all for the quick replies.

My wife and I have not purchased a vehicle since we're working on going to the US as soon as her visa is approved, so I have to either rent a vehicle or hire a van.

The drivers I've talked to want more to take me to Tha Li for a day so I guess I'll go to BKK.

My address with Immigration is my wife's house in Chaiyaphum...

Edited by LostInBKK

As you will have to fly out of Bangkok why not check into a hotel here for a day or two on your way and use that as your address?

It would seem logical for you to obtain a new visa in India and use that for entry rather than fooling around with a re-entry permit which is only going to give you a few days after your month or longer trip.

My wife called Korat immigration which is the closest to me and they told us that Tha Li had to give me the re-entry stamp, also got the same answer from Bangkok. I made the trip and got it taken care of in about 10 minutes, very nice people there.

Off topic...if you guys are out traveling by road be very careful. Just outside Loei my wife and I witnessed a bus accident, bus skidded across both lanes totalling 1 car and flipping the bus over on it's side...

Edited by LostInBKK