Fabrics

Jonny B

hi im after a fabric combination, i believe its about 80% nylon 20% elastin, ive tried to do some searching on elastin but cant seem to find much, i thought it was the same as elastic, does anybody know if theres a difference?

i want to get some clothing pieces made up similar to that of the sporting performance clothing, the tight fitting, breathable stuff that you see alot of athletes wear, sometimes under their uniforms etc, does anybody know exactly what fabric these are made from and where in thailand i would be able to get a similar fabric combination?

thanks for any help

It's called 'Spandex' and if you find it, please let me know where you got it from.

The best place to check is Bangkok. There is a whole area that is dedicated to materials and webbings for sale but I just haven't found it yet!

Edited by joskydive

Head over Thaksin bridge along krungthonburi rd, up to Soi 1 krungthonburi head up soi 1 to the end, all around that area between krungthonburi rd and Charoenrat Rd there are hundreds of sellers of fabrics and alike, if you can't find what you are after there you won't find it. Hope this helps

Pratunam and Sampeng (near Chinatown) don't sell this type of more expensive fabric, I'm fairly sure of that. Factories in Thailand are using it though to produce sports gear, and I have a friend working for one of these factories who can find out. PM me with what info you need.

Pratunam and Sampeng (near Chinatown) don't sell this type of more expensive fabric, I'm fairly sure of that. Factories in Thailand are using it though to produce sports gear, and I have a friend working for one of these factories who can find out. PM me with what info you need.

hey CarlBkk, do you have anymore details or contact info of this factory or friend you could provide? thanks, p.s i sent u a p.m, did u get it? ta