Shoe Sizes Help

LisuLover

Can any lady please help. My g/f has issued a shopping list which includes shoes. She is a Thai size 35/36, but I am currently in London and wonder if anyone knows the UK equivalent. Go on, save my life. :o

Shoe size converter:http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_shoes_womens.htm

But, be aware that widths can vary as well. If you gf is more of flip-flop wearing type then her feet will have spread and widened as she got older.

I'm a UK 7 which coverts to a 40 on the conversion charts in thailand & europe so I would say she is a size 3 - 3.5.

http://thailand.angloinfo.com/countries/th...conversions.asp

http://www.dancesport.uk.com/shoes/conchart.htm

I havent looked at the site Boo, but that sounds a tad small to be size 35 or 36?

at size 38, Im usually about 5 or5.5 UK. so I imagine the 36 could be 4 or 4.5?

but to be honest, shoe sizes vary so much depending on style. no matter what measurement you are using

my size (AUS) can vary from 6 to 6.5 to 7!

PS> my point is...please ignore my post! :o Im really useless on the ladies forum :D

Nope you are right. Which is why I would never buy shoes online. Have to try them on first.

Maybe get her to draw a picture of her foot onto a piece of paper and email the full size drawing to you instead.

Here in Europe i am a size 37/38 which is a size 5 in England. But as SBK says - it depends on the shoe and on the foot width etc. I would not buy shoes for someone who hasn't tried them on first. Or if you did bring her a nice pair of expensive shoes she may feel obliged to wear them and suffer all evening!!

Best to take her to an upmarket shoe shop and let her try them on and choose them herself.

And if you want to surprise her - pretend to not like the ones she likes, and then go back later and buy them for her.

Worked for me here in Europe a few years ago... and i'm still wearing them.

Edited by Patsycat

Sane and sensible ladies, thankyou. Saves me a trip to Oxford Street. Can anyone recommend a shoe shop of merit in Chiang Mai instead?

How much do you want to spend? If you want proper brand name 3000+ baht shoes, head to Robinson or Central. If you want the 200 baht variety, head to Gat Luang (Warorot Market).

I am a shoe size 35-36 and on my last trip back to the UK, I had planned to get a nice looking pair of shoes. I came back without any because the shops very rarely had my size (I needed a UK size 3)... I even have a lot of trouble finding size 35 shoes here also. I wouldn't buy any shoes for anyone without them being able to try them on first. Even some of the size 3's I tried on in the UK were too big!

I am a shoe size 35-36 and on my last trip back to the UK, I had planned to get a nice looking pair of shoes. I came back without any because the shops very rarely had my size (I needed a UK size 3)... I even have a lot of trouble finding size 35 shoes here also. I wouldn't buy any shoes for anyone without them being able to try them on first. Even some of the size 3's I tried on in the UK were too big!

It sounds like a minefield, so I will definately wait and shop in Chiang Mai or Bangkok with g/f in attendance - thanks again.

well

at least with the bags you dont have to worry about it fitting or not?

women will always have room for whatever colour the bags are I think

hard to go wrong.

ive got bags in most colours...but interestingly, now that I think about it, dont have any in orange? even though I quite like orange colour. have got shoes in orange though (subtle stripes against beige)

well

at least with the bags you dont have to worry about it fitting or not?

women will always have room for whatever colour the bags are I think

hard to go wrong.

ive got bags in most colours...but interestingly, now that I think about it, dont have any in orange? even though I quite like orange colour. have got shoes in orange though (subtle stripes against beige)

Orange shoes Mig? :o

• 3 weeks later...