E-commerce Business: Thai Rues

amup

Hi,

I plan to sell goods only through my internet site (e-shop). Goods are mainly from Thailand and I will start selling in Thailand but might also sell overseas.

Do I need to incorporate a Thai Limited company? (I do not need a work permit)? Somebody told me once that it is possible to register an e-commerce business if sales do not exceed a certain amount?

Does anybody has some information or a link to a site?

Thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

Where are you based? You need to incorporate a THAI company or partnership only if your physical office is in Thailand. No permits are needed. you may register with the e-commerce department only if your office is in Thailand (and only if you use your website for your main front operation, meaning you sell thru the web by utilizing online ppayment options or providing shopping cart system for your clients). If it is located somewhere else, regulations would be per that particular country's requirements.

My company's HQ (my home) is in Thailand. I am planning to open my website, but just for corporate and product information so as to attain clustomers. No online payment, no carts, just an email address to contact me. So, there is no need for me to do so.

So, what do you sell online? Need supplies for ladies accessories? Or anything else? Let me know.

Good luck!