Dealing With Shitty Service

petepete

but endurance is my middle name.

Phil 'Endurance' Harries.

I like it.

When's your next wrestling bout? :o

I thought wrestlers all had middle names like 'Badass', 'Ironhead' or 'Meathook'.

The only wrestling I do these days is trying to get my pants off when I get home on a Saturday night. Now sometimes that is a feat of endurance.

The thing with queue jumpers and crap service is to decide how important the issue is to yourself. With crap service you can always vote with your feet and go someplace else. Queue jumpers are a bit more of a problem but a quick burst from your AK47 usually puts them in their place.

Does anyone remember about two years ago, I think at the Mall, nam wong wan road, where girl pushed in front of a guy at the bank, I think he was a security guard elsewhere, she was some wannabe hi so, he asked her to join the queue, and she gave him abuse, so he shot her, thats how to deal with queue jumpers :o

seriously though I just tend to walk up, smile in a joking way at the person and the staff and push the others stuff out of the way, do it with humour. oh and be over 100 kgs like me, the friendly approach works as opposed to the antagonistic approach.

to the guy who leaves his stuff on the counter, go one better, get a basket and fill it with items from all corners of the store, go back to counter and leave that for the staff to put back.

one thing that does get me about 7/11 is the way they bag things, they scan it then put it down on the counter, they do this with every item, then they will bag it, in my local one i showed them to scan and put it straight in the bag

i have learned to stare shop clerks directly in the eye and give them a shit-eating smile while i ask for help... if you are smiling then they feel like they have to jump up and serve you. anything else and they will treat you with disdain. fake smiles work for the thais, when in rome....