Electric Remote Control Gate

dauu

I'll make a very educated guess that ALL, but the most basic, Stainless steel fabricator shops (often they make windows, fences of various metals, rolling fences, security bars, roll up doors) have CATALOGS from the various European electric gate motor manufacturers. EVERYWHERE in Thailand. The trick is to see the INSTALLATION they have ALREADY done in your area and get in writing the "after the sales" service agreement. EVERY stainless fence company we priced in Buriram Province immediately pulled out catalogs for Italian gate motor companies. It seems to me that getting the wires installed UNDER the concrete, BEFORE the gate "metal track" was installed was an important issue. Not to mention having electricity AT the gate area. But really it seemed to me that this was readily available Up Country, no need for a trip to Bangkok on this item. I was surprised at how many gates in our community had locally installed gate motors. All of the models we were shown had remotes. INSTALLATION ability and follow up service ability with REFERENCES seemed crucial to me.

We bought ours at Global House (in Roi Et) for 10,000 baht... I'm sure the Global House in Udon Thani has them as well. I forget the brand but they only had one brand to offer, but 2 different models.. one model for a sliding gate and another for a gate which swings open. Seems to be holding up well after a year. The remote range is about 50m.

Dan

EDIT: After reading the previous reply... I should add that the gate motor and steel track was installed by the builders of the gate. We did have problems getting the additional remotes to work (it came with two, we bought two additonal). Global House immediately sent staff to the house to 'tune' the remotes to the correct radio frequency (and no charge for the house call). Generally, I feel the customer service from Global House is very good. For things like this it's always best to buy locally (as long as the prices are reasonable) so you have support when you need it.

Btw, the gate we built is 7 meters long and made of very heavy steel (not stainless steel) and it took about a dozen men to move it into place... this gate opener seems to handle the weight okay.

Edited by danfred

on the 10th march I had a Bangkok company come out to Korat to fit a remote gate opener. It worked fine and I was very pleased with the service for 19,000 baht so I naturally paid in full. But next day nothing. I am still waiting for them to come back and get the darn thing going again. My wife keeps ringing and just getting fobbed off all the time. I wouldnt expect them to come out the next day as it is a distance away but as it only worked for one day I do expect some sort of remedial reaction. But what can you do but keep trying.

HL :o

You might call the official DISTRIBUTOR or Importer of the gate motor and explain your concerns about the dealers lack of service under the warranty. If your Bangkok dealer is the sole importer, then you could e-mail the manufacturer and explain your situation. It has been my experience that the manufacturers or distributors in Thailand would "step up" with service if the local dealer was not qualified for the service after the sale.

post-62801-1238506560_thumb.jpg

living in loei province

70 km from loei

125 km from udon thani

want to do a gate to the house

Anyone know where to find electric remote control gate

in loei or udon thani

I live close to Mukdahan, had the house/fence builder install one on my gate as part of the contract, if you want info on where to get it, I can ask the wife cousin that works for them. Has 3 remotes and work from about 30-40M away, no problems for 6 months. They wanted extra $$ for the Italian model, this is from China, seems fine. I will ask to make sure they install stops so the gate cannot be moved past the end of the track and fall down, had a friend almost killed by a gate falling on his head.

I live just off the Udorn/Loei highway, some 63 kilometers from Loei.

We had a remote gate installed two months ago for 23,000 baht. It is capable of moving a gate weighing 1,500 kilos. It has been working fine and we are pleased with it.

PM me your contact number and I will call the dealer and have him call you.

I bought mine in BKK for 12,000bt and installed it myself. Not a worry yet. took about two hours to install very easy and good instruction to input the set limits. Company name was PAT, they sell in homepro homework, and just about every magazine,

www.026916789.com

I bought mine in BKK for 12,000bt and installed it myself. Not a worry yet. took about two hours to install very easy and good instruction to input the set limits. Company name was PAT, they sell in homepro homework, and just about every magazine,

www.026916789.com

I went to Homepro in Lampang and got a quote bur the day after when we had a visit by our sparks he said he supplies them also, the price was slightly less than Homepro, he called a couple of guys from the works who came out straight away, they had to slightly modify my stainless gate but finished the installation in the day and it is the same make as yours PAT. it was cheaper than the Italian one on offer but has been faultless now for 16 months so were well pleased.

living in loei province

70 km from loei

125 km from udon thani

want to do a gate to the house

Anyone know where to find electric remote control gate

in loei or udon thani

In your area or UDON THANI i don't know but you can find 2 type of remote controlled gates in GLOBAL HOUSE in Khon Kaen for sliding doors up to 1600kg about 15000baht or tow gates swinging type about 19000baht.

I am just installing one sliding gate so i found this shop months ago.

I hope this can help you.

Edited by Seewolf

Remote control gate are great, but a real DOWNER if the power is out and it is pouring down rain, with a thunder storm over head :o:D best set in car and wait the storm out. A good friend did just that and man was he glad he did, a BOLT of Lightening hit about 3 meters from he would have been standing, to close for comfort :D

Edited by BigSnake

Remote control gate are great, but a real DOWNER if the power is out and it is pouring down rain, with a thunder storm over head :o:D best set in car and wait the storm out. A good friend did just that and man was he glad he did, a BOLT of Lightening hit about 3 meters from he would have been standing, to close for comfort :D

Bigsnake. when we got dogs my wife used to let them run all over the garden, whats the point of having an eletric remote gate if you have to get out in the rain to put the dogs on a leash, but she is after all a thai, they are now in the back but I have installed a 4kw petrol generator which is started by whoever happens to be available{theres always someone in the house at all times} problem solved.