Export License

How to get a Export License .

Our company will start export to USA and European Union but need Export License,

we have from the Customs Department a Owner or Manager Card (yellow card)

is this sufficient or need we more papers.

Best Regards,

Pattani

How to get a Export License .

Our company will start export to USA and European Union but need Export License,

we have from the Customs Department  a Owner or Manager Card  (yellow card)

is this sufficient or need we more papers.

Best Regards,

Pattani

You need to have an Export license (also called hard card - "But Kaeng") from the Customs Departments. I am not sure whether what you have is that card or not.

More here.

Hard card - not hard o. that's what you need when you dive into nightlife - the thing for legitimate export/import biz in Thailand.

Here's how the babe looks like. See your friendly customs officier for procurement:

exportcard

This card is good for general merchandise that NOT restricted in any way. Bear in mind that for certain goods (e.g. rice, teak, Buddha related articles, antiques etc.) you require a special export license.

For detailed info consult http://www.thaitrade.com

Good luck.

:o

Edited by Richard Hall

Hard card - not hard o. that's what you need when you dive into nightlife - the thing for legitimate export/import biz in Thailand.

Here's how the babe looks like. See your friendly customs officier for procurement:

exportcard

This card is good for general merchandise that NOT restricted in any way. Bear in mind that for certain goods (e.g. rice, teak, Buddha related articles, antiques etc.) you require a special export license.

Good luck.

Richard,

Did you go through the process of getting a Rice export license or know someone who did? I have found the procedure in your link. I wonder if it's strictly administrative process or there are special requirments.

exportcard

Good luck.

Richard,

Did you go through the process of getting a Rice export license or know someone who did? I have found the procedure in your link. I wonder if it's strictly administrative process or there are special requirments.

When you go for a specific license make sure right from the beginning you got a market already means business starts right after obtaining the license.

Getting the license first and then start with the marketing means establishing the business step by step may result into some problems with the authorities. Most likely you will get asked questions such as

- targeted markets

- forecast

already when applying for the license.

Ideally, you already have customers/orders on hand or otherwise the license may not be granted or after a short period of time someone may asked why you are not exporting in huge container loads? Usually answers like business needs time to be build usually find nothing but deaf ears.

Good luck,

Richard

exportcard

Good luck.

Richard,

When you go for a specific license make sure right from the beginning you got a market already means business starts right after obtaining the license.

Getting the license first and then start with the marketing means establishing the business step by step may result into some problems with the authorities. Most likely you will get asked questions such as

- targeted markets

- forecast

already when applying for the license.

Ideally, you already have customers/orders on hand or otherwise the license may not be granted or after a short period of time someone may asked why you are not exporting in huge container loads? Usually answers like business needs time to be build usually find nothing but deaf ears.

Good luck,

Richard

Thanks for the tip. Actually I am more concerned about the opposite case: That once I have solid orders some technicality in the Thai procedures will prevent, or seriously delay my exporting activites, thereby not being to deliver on time.

But I get your point. Need to show a serious business plan.