Cm's Best British Bacon And Breakfast Sausage

Ulysses G.

Brits love their breakfasts and so do Aussies. Even many Yanks enjoy them from time to time. However, if the sausage tastes spoiled and the bacon tastes like processed ham, it can ruin the other stuff.

I finally tried the Queen Vic a few weeks ago and the British bacon was the best I've ever had in Thailand, The sausage was not bad either. Who else would you recommend?

Edited by Ulysses G.

Brits love their breakfasts and so do Aussies. Even many Yanks enjoy them from time to time. However, if the sausage tastes spoiled and the bacon tastes like processed ham, it can ruin the other stuff.

I finally tried the Queen Vic a few weeks ago and the British bacon was the best I've ever had in Thailand, The sausage was not bad either. Who else would you recommend?

I would recommend merging this thread with that one: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Full-English...st-t253401.html

This is a sub-thread. Merging is the only solution. :o

If the mods disagree with me, then I recommend 2 sub-threads, one for the most authentic/best British bacon and one for the most authentic/best British sausage. One place might have the most authentic/best British bacon but not the most authentic/best British sausage. Consider too that one place might have the most authentic but not the best. We could also have a sub-sub-thread to discuss most authentic versus best. And so on. :D

Edited by MonsieurHulot

I would agree that the Queen Vic has the best bacon and sausages in Chiangmai,far better than Mad Dogs.I will try and find out where they buy them from.

Mad Dog gets their sausages from Makro so that should tell you something. :o

And... merge topics!? this one obviously is completely different. In fact I think all topics on this forum should be Falong-food related.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yorkies produce the only genuine British style breakfast banger that I have ever tasted in Thailand, the only establishment to ever use this fine sausage was The Laughing Leprechaun.

I recently purchased Sausage King sausages and bacon from Tuskers, the English style bacon is superb, exactly as bacon should be. The sausages, although very good are not breakfast sausages as they have too many herbs for a banger of the p'tit dejeuner variety. They are excellent with mash and onion gravy or in sausage sandwiches.

Even with the slight failing on the sausage front, the Mad Dog breakfast is the most authentic British breakfast in town. I order mine without the sausage and potatoes, potatoes have no place on an English breakfast plate.

The best British breakfast ever in town was The Laughing Leprechaun, the best one outside of town is made with Yorkies' pork sausages and black pudding, Sausage King's English bacon, fried mushrooms, poached eggs, grilled tomatoes, baked beans (Heinz' are best Ayam do almost as well), toasted English white bread from Rimping and a mug of NATO standard PG Tips.

Must run, feeling hungry . . .

JxP

Like Fish & Chips, nobody in Chiang Mai makes a sausage as good as those back in Blighty. I'm rather fond of the sausage pattie served at the Art Cafe though it is in no way related to a British Banger. Bacon wise I concur with my friend Mr UG that Bake & Bite's Canadian bacon is very good.

While I agree with Junior Expat that a Tradional British Breakfast should not be served with Potato, there is one exception and that would be a nice portion of bubble and squeek.

for my sixpennyworth... Ayam baked beans are awful...far too sweet......

We have a Lotus here in Fang...and even though they don't stock them on the shelves, we often get a load of Brooks baked beans on sale on the cheap shelves...a few dents or close to run out date...but I've never had any problems with them.... and they are pretty good ...especially at only 20 baht a tin

Brits like baked beans straight out of the can, but only hobos eat them that way in the U.S.. Latife, that used to own hel_l's Kitchen, served amazing beans with brown sugar, mustard and pineapples, that noone else in town comes close to.

The Rose Guest house has some really nice - to me - little English breakfast sausages right now. Some of the best that I have tasted since p1p's. They would be PERFECT for Mad Dog, Anyone know the supplier?

I enjoy British breakfasts with fried potatoes (authentic or not). The potatoes, the black pudding, the Yorkies sausage, the fresh coffee and french bread with butter and jam all combined to make the Laughing Leprechan's breakfast rule supreme! I can take or leave the other stuff (but beans do make it feel more healthy). :o

I enjoy British breakfasts with fried potatoes (authentic or not). The potatoes, the black pudding, the Yorkies sausage, the fresh coffee and french bread with butter and jam all combined to make the Laughing Leprechan's breakfast rule supreme! I can take or leave the other stuff (but beans do make it feel more healthy). :o

If you enjoy the after-effects of baked beans then you must love bubble and squeak! Some say it's named for the actions and sounds of the cooking process, I disagree . . .

JxP

This is a sub-thread. Merging is the only solution. :o

If the mods disagree with me, then I recommend 2 sub-threads, one for the most authentic/best British bacon and one for the most authentic/best British sausage. One place might have the most authentic/best British bacon but not the most authentic/best British sausage. Consider too that one place might have the most authentic but not the best. We could also have a sub-sub-thread to discuss most authentic versus best. And so on. :D

Au contraire!! It is wonderful that the OP has focused on one of the more substantive issues of Chiang Mai. Hamburgers are so yesterday! I would truly hate to see this topic buried in a sub-thread. And think of the loss of free advertising for places serving one of nature's most paunch and cholesterol-stuffing joys!! :D

Would love to eat these but they would make me to fat.

• 1 year later...
I would agree that the Queen Vic has the best bacon and sausages in Chiangmai,far better than Mad Dogs.I will try and find out where they buy them from.

Mad Dog gets their sausages from Makro so that should tell you something. :D

And... merge topics!? this one obviously is completely different. In fact I think all topics on this forum should be Falong-food related.

I agree ! :D

Perhaps we should all get together, to dicuss this some morning, over breakfast ! :)

(now where's the emoticon with farangs eating, when we need it ?)

Half Moon in MoonMuang Soy 2 (just round the corner from Mad Dog)

Number 2, Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Baked Beans, Chips, Toast, Tea ..... 115bht

Be prepared to wait though, Sang never does anything in a hurry!

I used to eat at Mad Dogs, but the prices went up 20 percent this season and the food got greasier, this is better.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Half Moon in MoonMuang Soy 2 (just round the corner from Mad Dog)

Number 2, Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Baked Beans, Chips, Toast, Tea ..... 115bht

Be prepared to wait though, Sang never does anything in a hurry!

I used to eat at Mad Dogs, but the prices went up 20 percent this season and the food got greasier, this is better.

You have to go for an oil change after you eat breakfast at Mad Dogs. I'll vote for The Old Bell for having the best English Breakfast. :)

for my sixpennyworth... Ayam baked beans are awful...far too sweet......

We have a Lotus here in Fang...and even though they don't stock them on the shelves, we often get a load of Brooks baked beans on sale on the cheap shelves...a few dents or close to run out date...but I've never had any problems with them.... and they are pretty good ...especially at only 20 baht a tin

Agree about Brooks baked beans and a bargain at 20 baht (dents do not affect the taste) especially when they are about 63 baht in CM, couldn't send me a couple of trays could you :) .