Bangkok In April

Spinnakerup

I'm travelling to Bangkok from Europe on business this month for a couple of weeks. I sepnt 3 days there before 10 years ago.

I'm expecting it to HOT (40C?) etc this time any advice re climate .. what to bring .. when to set up meetings etc . Thx !

I'm travelling to Bangkok from Europe on business this month for a couple of weeks. I sepnt 3 days there before 10 years ago.

I'm expecting it to HOT (40C?) etc this time any advice re climate .. what to bring .. when to set up meetings etc . Thx !

Most Thais leave Bangkok in Droves before Songkran ( 13-15 April ) ..Hardly any work gets done during that week , and many places are closed ,, so advise you dont arrive during the dates 11-18 April .

Here's today's forecast : Hot today, and continued unbelievably hot with a chance of termendous heat in the morning, cooling off to a gread deal of hotness later in the day, and down to just very hot tonight. Tomorrow? Searing heat in the mountains, sweltering heat in the valleys, hot as hel_l at the beaches. In other words, tomorrow's weather will be exactly the same as today's. Day after tomorrow, a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. :o

3406249405_0b48de78e8_o.jpg3407060794_36e67487bc_o.jpg

How about finding an accomodation during and around Songkran? Will that be hard? And more expensive?

No, most people leave Bangkok and go to Chiang mai. It will be easy to get a room in Bangkok.

Agreed.

Most hotels are virtually empty. You will be able to get a good deal.

I am in Bangkok for Songkran for work again this year, just 4 days from Sunday till Wednesday...

Last year I actually missed it by one day, I was played water on the Saturday in Suk Soi4 and then Sunday in PhatPong until I had to leave for the airport... I hadn't laughed as much in years...

On the Saturday, all the water was put away about 6pm... What will it be like this year with the proper Songkran days??? Does the water get put away at 6pm and things go back to normal, or will I be slosking around in wet clothes all night???

Do the pool bars in areas like Soi22 get in on the action as well...

I don't think I could deal with KhaoSan, but Cowboy, Nana, and PhatPong aren't really my scene either...

Any advice appreciated...

Cheers,

Daewoo