Bkk Venues Biting The Dust.... How Long Will The List Get?

jfchandler

And also The Factory Bar, located inbetween Sukhumvit Soi 5 & 7 went tits up too.

Is that the pool place that seemed to be made completely of aluminium?

Yeah, that's the gaff.

dam_n! I used to like to play pool there. handy for soi 4, 6, 7 etc.

Cheers, Rick

Once the property owners get them repossessed from the banks or someone buys for the pre property boom price and then charges reasonable rents things will start picking up.

This bar opposite Golden sounds interesting, Golden used to have some cracking girls there several years ago, now anything half decent looking with a friendly disposition seems to get snapped up in no time.

Edited by sanmiguel

And also The Factory Bar, located inbetween Sukhumvit Soi 5 & 7 went tits up too.

Is that the pool place that seemed to be made completely of aluminium?

Yeah, that's the gaff.

dam_n! I used to like to play pool there. handy for soi 4, 6, 7 etc.

Cheers, Rick

I always reckoned it was a good place, too. Massive upstairs.

It always appeared empty whenever I walked in; the downstairs had nothing to offer,

I'm sure with the right 'greeters' at the door it could have been booming.

It was cheap as chips for the area.

Oh, well. . . . . . another tailors. That area needs one :o

Factory Bar was owned by Khun Moo, who owns the Rumachitt Plaza hotel and Ruamchitt Travel lodge amongst other things.

He isn't short of a few bob so he must have been losing money big time.

RAZZ

On the other hand, a new bar called STRIKERS SPORTS BAR opened last night on Suk. Soi 4 (Soi Nana) directly across from the Golden Beer Bar and the Nana Hotel in a space previously occupied by a jewelry shop. . Same format; open to the street with tables in back, 5 flat screen TV's on the walls and an attractive selection of attentive service girls and hostesses.

They have a happy hour: 4pm to 8pm, (bottled beer: B65) unlike Big Dogs, Morning Night, Lucky Lukes and Golden which charge full price all the time.

its been open a couple of weeks now, and packed solid day and night ( but i think it is only busy at the moment as they have young chicks and not the old rags like across the road :o )

Anyone know who the owner of Strikers is?