Koh Samui Thaivisa Party

Where on Samui  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will George be back? Seems all Samuians here will never reach consensus on the place, so George will have to just pick a date and a place.

Samui has been pretty dead when it comes to tourism, especially in Bangrak over the last couple of months. So the success of this party will depend on those showing up, not the place where it's held.

I think location will be the biggest problem here. Ok for those in Chaweng to go to Bangrak, but for the Lamai folkes..........travelling back is a big problem, will no 'public' transport available, only the rip off .....you all know what. :o

Edited by mistresserika

I think location will be the biggest problem here. Ok for those in Chaweng to go to Bangrak, but for the Lamai folkes..........travelling back is a big problem, will no 'public' transport available, only the rip off .....you all know what. :o

Do you have another suggestion? I thought that this was the whole idea of having a poll. Would a group taxi be that prohibitive?

If someone does not want to use his own vehicle, another one could bring him. There must be TV guys on Lamai with Pick Ups.

I think location will be the biggest problem here. Ok for those in Chaweng to go to Bangrak, but for the Lamai folkes..........travelling back is a big problem, will no 'public' transport available, only the rip off .....you all know what. :D

If someone does not want to use his own vehicle, another one could bring him. There must be TV guys on Lamai with Pick Ups.

Hope you mean Pick Up trucks. :o

And....... are we having a party????? in Bangkrak ?????? somewhere this month????? at Sunseeker or Secret garden??????

Well maybe, you should read back a couple of posts.

Well, to be honest, it was ment a little bit sarcastic. All this rot about Bangrak or Chaweng being too far away for people from Lamai and vice versa ........... As long as people do drive up to Lipa Noi to attend a very expensive evening at Nikki Beach, I don't understand all this fuzz about going to Chaweng, Lamai or Bangrak to have some inexpensive drinks and a chat (which is definitely not possible at Nikki Beach because of the volume of the music) with some people.

Whenever or where ever the party will be held, I will attend definitely because I think it is nice to meet other people.

Edited by farang 55

As long as people do drive up to Lipa Noi to attend a very expensive evening at Nikki Beach, I don't understand all this fuzz about going to Chaweng, Lamai or Bangrak to have some inexpensive drinks and a chat (which is definitely not possible at Nikki Beach because of the volume of the music) with some people.

Whenever or where ever the party will be held, I will attend definitely because I think it is nice to meet other people.

Spot on.But as it's always the case, you can't please everyone,so let's just see what happens. :)

Well, to be honest, it was ment a little bit sarcastic. All this rot about Bangrak or Chaweng being too far away for people from Lamai and vice versa ........... As long as people do drive up to Lipa Noi to attend a very expensive evening at Nikki Beach, I don't understand all this fuzz about going to Chaweng, Lamai or Bangrak to have some inexpensive drinks and a chat (which is definitely not possible at Nikki Beach because of the volume of the music) with some people.

I'm sure the Samui people who drove to Nikki Beach wouldn't mind the drive between Bangrak-Lamai but for those who don't drive and didn't go to Nikki because it's much too far out of the way (must be close to 1000 for a taxi) see it differently. And I'd guess 100% of the members from KPG & Tao won't be driving when they arrive to Samui.

BTW - I went to Nikki Beach this afternoon. A beautiful place and very large. Saturday afternoon and besides ourselves and the 13+ staff I don't think there was anyone else there. It'll be interesting to see how long they can stay in business. Maybe these Samuians who don't mind driving can drop by every once in a while and help them out.

Whenever or where ever the party will be held, I will attend definitely because I think it is nice to meet other people

Bangrak, inexpensive drinks, I don't think so. I was there a couple of weeks ago and stopped in at the 'BBC' wow, small Chang draft, 70 baht. That's 40% more than in Lamai. Ok for you wealthy guys. :)

Whenever or where ever the party will be held, I will attend definitely because I think it is nice to meet other people

Bangrak, inexpensive drinks, I don't think so. I was there a couple of weeks ago and stopped in at the 'BBC' wow, small Chang draft, 70 baht. That's 40% more than in Lamai. Ok for you wealthy guys. :)

Catcando and maybe Lord Nelson's offer 99 baht 1-liter jugs of Chang.

Besides, at the party won't there be some sort of drink deal negotiated by TV?

So on the strength of a beer in one Restaurant, Bangrak is too expensive! Good research eh!. Anyway that's wrong as they have half price times up to 8 PM.

Also the plethora of other bars in Bangrak are nowhere that price. The Sunseeker has big jugs of Draft Chang for 80 Baht which at around 30 Baht a glass just might be within your price range. :D

There seems to be a small geographical mistake here. BBC is in Ban Plai Laem. Ban Bang Rak ends at the bridge.

Anyway, comparing just one fine restaurant out of many from one beach with cheap bars/restaurants from another beach is illogical.

Well all the info has been sent to TV. So this thread has run it's course. Stay tuned for location & acceptance thread.

Thank you to all who took the time to vote.

# closed #