Missing Harley Davidson

Thanks but remember it probably does not have the black roll bar any more as it apparently has had one of those chromed or not ?? bars added to the truck bed for storage of construction material as it is being used for work between Samui and Koh Phangan....sure was a nice place...he wanted her to be happy and gave her everything he could...

Toret:

Veeery close to a big disco with a fruity name

Well, that's pretty helpful. Couldn't just give us the name, eh? Have to make some sort of guessing game out of it? I'm not sure how this works. So if I spot any of the missing vehicles I should post some sort of clue as to where it is? Maybe a cipher?

OK, must be "Seed," right? Give us another hint. Is it bigger than a breadbox?

Richardshane:

I'm looking forward to the trial at the end of July....there will be some surprises in store....

Wombat6 (from linked thread):

…the victim was a personal friend of mine (as was his wife)....they had an "arrangement" to be able to carry on a separate lifestyle at times. So there was never any jealousy…

Surprises, indeed. I don't see any mitigating circumstances for killing this man, and the brother has my sympathies, but if Wombat6 is right, there might be some surprising (and potentially embarrassing) testimony from the Thai side on how a "marriage" entails these separate lifestyles. And Wombat6's line clearly infers that it was "acceptable and understood" that either or both could have a lover (isn't one of the co-defendants referred to repeatedly as "the boyfriend"?).

Wombat6:

Due to his broken leg, he was staying in Ranong for a lot longer than normal and it is believed the boyfriend of the wife became frustrated that he was not seeing enough of Dale's wife.

"Never any jealousy," eh Wombat6?

If the deceased had been a celebrity, this case would be discussed and debated on Larry King and elsewhere; of course to say the killing was wrong and stupid, but also to figure out the motivation. Why kill the goose that was laying the golden eggs? It sounds to me exactly the opposite of what Wombat6 says regarding no jealousy – every Thai associated with the deceased was living the good life, but this "open marriage" clearly (and Wombat6 admits to this) got under the skin of the wife's boyfriend (and her too, it appears).

I don't see the insurance policy angle as anything other than an adjunct to the wife and the boyfriend wanting to be together without having the wife have to pretend with the foreigner husband just to keep the cash flow coming. I mean the question, "Did the wife love the foreigner husband?" is mute. Clearly if the allegations are true, she did not. Was the foreigner husband not aware of this? If the marriage was "open," was he unaware that his wife had a lover?

Truly I feel sorry for the deceased and his family. We often see men get involved in situations with Thai women where observers can see clearly what is really going on (and the man is oblivious), but this virtually never leads to this conclusion.

Sadder still is the fact that most likely all the Thais in the neighborhood knew the foreign husband was being taken for a ride (they knew what was going on when he was away) but did nothing to intervene. Perhaps they thought it was just another one of those falang/Thai things.

PoorSucker mentions, "staff on the ferry checks all bikes leaving the island."

This is going in the right direction, but I am not aware whether anything substantive is recorded regarding vehicles coming and going into or out of Samui, and, most importantly, who the owner is and where they are going.

Also, and maybe this is being done already, but it appears that the deceased was wealthy. I would think that the cost of hiring a Thai private investigator to find these vehicles might well be worth the price. My hunch is that he could find the stuff. A good dick has connections and knows what palms to grease to get results. This avenue would have been my first recourse.

This thread is about finding my brothers assets.....you don't think a million dollars U.S is not enough motivation.. :D ..I guess there isn't too many sport bars around eh.. :D ...enough speculation inspector Clouseau...this is not the trial but merely a thread to find the assets which have been unlawfully taken.. :o ...I do have other means of searching but thought maybe the members here could HELP....Thanks to all who have been helpful in their posts... :D ....PM's are a great tool for personel messaging

This is getting a bit off track. To be fair to all, I have allowed some posts,which would have been better off removed, as to not divert from the original request. I undrestand the sensitivity of the issue & one's needs to sometime air their feelings. I also understand that some side issues crop up, which is natural in a discussion.

Please let's keep on track & the issue is finding the missing vehicles & not the nitty gritty of realtionships.

• 2 weeks later...

I have deleted a post & the justified reply to it. Let me once more, remind members the forum rules:

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane .

4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants.

Now if someone has a problem with this , please contact me or one of the moderating team.

Thank you.

Rooo.

Just a quick update...my lawyr contacted me today and I was informed the accused's brother (she didn't have any brother as far as I knew) phoned my lawyer to inform him that the "Harley" was sold last week for 300,000 Baht. it was worth at least twice that....that isn't really what I wanted to hear but it will guarantee a fast trac to Jail, as I am co-executor of his estate and am supposed to be informed of and agree to any transaction with regards to my brothers estate, which I guess is better.....we have another civil court hearing coming up soon and these people are just stringing up the noose themselves without any effort from me...how foolish...another civil hearing soon then the big date for the criminal trial at the end of July....these people can now do whatever they like as there time is going to come.....soon. :)

Just a quick update...my lawyr contacted me today and I was informed the accused's brother (she didn't have any brother as far as I knew) phoned my lawyer to inform him that the "Harley" was sold last week for 300,000 Baht.

Great. You found it. Where was it? Who purchased it?

• 2 months later...

Update:

The family has been lying and hiding everything apparently the Harley has been sold or ?? to a motorcycle shop in Phuket as the bike has been seen there on numerous occasions...XXL Big Bikes or something similar the shops location is on my Garmin as Elevation 24.0 m N 07 degrees 52.643 minutes East 098 degrees and 22.803 minutes wish I could confirm the name but it I will later today....I"ve seen the truck and here is an updated picture...We were suppsed to attend civil court on June 1 but Thai law provides the luxory of ignoring the first subpeona ??? Anyways civil court is June 27 in Ranong and the criminal court (regarding my brothers murder) begins on July 28 and runs for 5 days 28, 29, 30, 31 and August 4. We have also filed more charges against the accused regarding monies missing from my brothers personal bank account which was accessed the day after his death and monies withdrawn daily till there was 57 baht remaining this occurred whilst Nee (bro's X wife) was incarcerated so the Ranong courts have requested pictures from the bank involved so we can determine who the person was who withdrew approx 750,000 baht from his account....Nee will be implicated as an accessory so that court hearing is scheduled for Sept. 07, 2009.....Whew...I think that is it....Long process but patience is the key in Thailand....

P6010009.jpg

• 1 month later...