Buckwheat Has Passed Away

george

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He knew he was on his way out, he had a cancer op a few years ago and it was a wake up call for him, one of the most generous and happy go lucky fellas I've ever met, as well as one of the biggest drinkers.

He got me out of many scrapes on TV and into quite a few more while out on the beer in Pattaya, both of which I'm grateful for.

It's very sad news indeed.

RIP Martin, hope they got plenty of green bottles, wherever it is they send ya. :o

A couple of messages from some old forum friends........

I never met him, but it's very sad and from the video still he looked quite young.

So sad for all his family and friends. If you get the chance, Thaddy, please pass on my sincere condolences.

Thanks for letting me know.

Take care & thanks for telling me.

Best,

November Rain

What horribly sad news about Buckwheat. Gods bless his soul. That does make me very sad.

Could you please send my condolences on to the family via TV? I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you put this in for me:

I am truly saddened to hear of Buckwheat's passing. Always a lovely man on the forum, and he always teased me -- I asked him so often for his BBQ rib recipe and he just refused to give it up. He said something like "it's s a family secret with 32 secret ingredients" or some such. What a lovely cyber friend and obviously a wonderful man in person.

Gods with you, BW. You and your family are in my prayers.

Love, Jettie (Jet Gorgon)

Bladdy hek, I'm crying now!

I didn't check Thaivisa lately, so I did not hear of this sad news until I had received a text sms from Donna yesterday night, I was deeply grieved to find out this sad and shocking news.

R.I.P Marty. I can't write more.

Edited by zaza

I simply can't understand it and it won't leave my mind. I meet Martin in November for the last time. In the pictures I took at that time he look so happy. Martin was unique in many ways. He didn't have to act or say anything yet he had an aura of kindness around him.

Yes, I too had never met Buckwheat (Martin),but whenever his avatar showed up on a thread it was always full of only constructive advice and intellegence,and seeing the posted video confirms this.RIP unfortuneately we were ships that passed in the night.

"Uncle Buck" was a very dear friend of mine, who graced the Farang Connection on many occaisions. Even in his fading health, he managed to make a personal appearance at everyone of our parties. I don't think we could possibly hold another party here without him. Rest in peace old Buddy.

Just got an email from Marty's son:

George,

I wanted to inform you that we are laying dad to rest today.

He is being laid to rest at:

Jefferson Barracks National Cemetary

2900 Sheridan Ave

St Louis, MO 63125

at 14:30 St Louis Time.

Regards,

Marty Jr.

I like many here have spent some time with Marty and always appreciated him. I did not know him as well as some, my loss.

I especially remember the first Thai Visa sponsored party we went to in CM. We knew hardly anyone and Marty took us under his wing for hours.

As a Texan I once commented on these pages that propane was best used by cartoon character Hank Hill and should never be used with real ribs.

After tasting his ribs at Tropical Bert's Thai visa night, I wrote public and private apologies praising his propane tickled ribs.

After that whenever we saw Marty we were most often sitting together, when he was still for a moment.

I will miss him, my life could have used more Marty in it.

kdf

and as Marty is being laid to rest, i sit with a Heineken and raise my glass to him, and remember the good times.

drop in any time Marty. i have a feeling you will be making your presence known before too long!

til we meet again.

• 2 months later...