How Do You Think About "expat Bank(?)"..

Thailand local bank's door has so high for expats. They are thinking usully foreigner has something bad thingking.

We cannot fully use local bank's functions. They are always just received and deposit money from farang.. damm...

How do you think about establishment new bank for farang??? lol..

When open saving account, they are all request Working permit. Do you know, Bangkok Bank don't provide non-resident account!!!

So, in my opinions, we need 'Expat Bank or some finance institution" in thailand.

Am I crazy??? Thailand make me crazy..

I haven't experienced any problems with Thai banks. I have savings accounts, credit cards, home loans, ibanking and these products are competitive with what I have had in other countries. Expect "Know You Customer / Anti-Money Laundering" verification checks whenever you open a new account. On the whole, service levels are a bit slow and bureaucratic, however, this characteristic is not confined to just banks, and is common throughout Thailand.

Edited by mark5335

Thailand local bank's door has so high for expats. They are thinking usully foreigner has something bad thingking.

We cannot fully use local bank's functions. They are always just received and deposit money from farang.. damm...

When open saving account, they are all request Working permit. Do you know, Bangkok Bank don't provide non-resident account!!!

So, in my opinions, we need 'Expat Bank or some finance institution" in thailand.

I can easily perform all the banking functions I require in Thailand(savings/chequing/credit card/domestic and international transfers and bill payments/internet banking etc.....)

In a sense I see the OP's point. It is something of a curiousity that the Thai banks have not yet cottoned onto the idea that there are a lot of expats living in Thailand who, for visa and other reasons, may have relatively large amounts of cash sitting in accounts.

They make a great deal off effort to raise account numbers, but seemingly ignore the expat market with its high value accounts.

As others point out here, they themselves seemingly have little problems undertaking general banking transactions in Thailand - But take a look from a bank's view at those transactions and it becomes clear that expats are likely to use the very services for which the banks charge money and make profits.

The expat banking market in Thailand seems to some extent and almost totally ignored oportunity for the banks to make money by grabbing the 'rich pickings'

(Of course if they could grab as many millionaire expats as there are expats claiming to be millionaires they'd be in clover... but as Mrs Neatons said....)

Of course if they could grab as many millionaire expats as there are expats claiming to be millionaires they'd be in clover... but as Mrs Neatons said...

most expat millionaires have become expat millionaires and will remain expat millionaires because they were not stupid enough to invest whatever millions they possess in Thailand. exceptions prove the rule :o

I'm sure some of the Citibank and Bank of America ex employees would be glad to run it for you. They have lots of experience and as long as they get nice bonuses they would be happy. :o

I'm sure some of the Citibank and Bank of America ex employees would be glad to run it for you. They have lots of experience and as long as they get nice bonuses they would be happy. :D

and all backed by credit default swaps underwritten by AIG! :o