Interesting Animal For My Hotel

personally, i would be put off by a resort which keeps caged-in animals as attraction. especially attached to the bungalow/room i stay in. most animals bina suggested need lots of care and suffer in cages. also very smelly!

don't you have other more interesting ideas to keep people entertained in your resort. a beautiful aquarium is the only thing i can think of thinking of animals but that should be outstanding and needs lots of care and knowledge. a nicely landscaped koi-pond?

why not turn your resort into a pet-friendly one, definately a lack in those and many people searching for.

Yes, butterflies look very nice, but I thought that their life as a butterfly was very short, perhaps just a few days or weeks...

I do have a reasonable area to erect a cage, perhaps 3 meters wide x 2 meters high.

Simon

What about this one

fred, I hate to tell you this mate, but that aint no butterfly.

simon, perhaps you could stick one of your volunteer police buddies in a cage, you know people will always stop in and have a laugh at them!

Why not put you in neverdie, with a face like that that motel would be world famous :o

elfe: the animals i listed apart from alpacas can be and are suited to the size cage he is building; they aer animals that need pipes, holes and trees for climbing to heights, not free width; of course they all need care and cleaning daily... otherwise it is not good animal welfare... that is part and parcel with running even a small tiny petting zoo of two chickens.

fish are fine

koi i mentioned

birds like budgies are caged no problem if given the right set up inside (its called enriching the environment for the animal)

peacocks are a big no no.... the males are aggressive in the mating season, make a ton of noise, travel wide areas, and can attack small children... i speak from major experience. absolute no no for hotel area and dont do well in cages (their tails dont fit and they need the space to roam)....

bina

israel

ant farm. that is also interesting idea actually......

Peacocks are beautiful, needs little care and usually stick around their feeding place without being caged.

Have seen them for sale at JJ market.

random-1.jpg

I agree yhey make a lot of noise. Someone living near my sister in Yorkshire England as some the noise is awful. :o

Edited by Mosha

I have discussed this thread with a friend out here in the wilds, his suggestion seemed a good all rounder: plant a tropical flower garden.

If you have the space to create a small shady spot where people could sit, maybe a hamock or two, and look at and smell beautiful plants you have a feature that does not try to run away or cause distress if it dies.

Also attracts buterflies etc. and could include a small pond.

HTH.

thats a very good idea actually. i wonder if jaantaa in the organic section has some ideas to try... like u could create a sort of mini ecosystem for relaxation, meditation etc but one that will attract small creatures to it also... and u could always have some carnivorous plants for the 'pet' appeal :o)

bina

israel

You could train some unemployed monkeys to take bags to the rooms, pay them only peanuts and bananas

I have these already. They are called brother-in-law, sister-in-law etc !:D

Simon

:o:D

If between bungalows then not snakes or reptiles - too many people don't like them. Also budgies and parrots are very noisy, could be a problem.

Is it possible to breed fireflies - they would make a great display.

Otherwise you could set up some sort of small garden with fountain etc and try and use solar power, could be ecological focus.

Build a wormery - worms don't need much attention!

Animals do not belong in a cage. :o

A very large fresh water aquarium would be the best choice as far as I am concerned. The larger the tank the easier it is to take care of. Larger varieties of fish are interesting and provide a peaceful and relaxing view.