Fence

dreetje

In januari i go for a 6 weeks holiday to Thailand.It wil be not only for a holiday  becouse i wanted to make a fence around my house,i build 1.5 years ago.Now i wanted to know,how high would i make it?My(thai)wife is saying 2 meters,but i am thinking it is much too high.Would  i make it from stone and cement?Ore must i make it from stone and iron?And the most importend thing for me is,how much is it going too cost,for lets say 1 stretching meter, wall or fence.(I must make it around+/- 2.5 rai)Have sombody an advice for me about this three things,hight,cement/iron and the cost,so i know how much money i must spend on it.

:o I had a fence made around my house last year it is 6ft. high abd made out of block and rendered on both sides.

this is the cheapest way and it does what it is designed for

the cost:-   i had it made well,good footings and good quolity cement the cost was 600 bhat per meter.

i had allsorts of quotes from 1000 to 1500 B/mt. and they all told me it could not be done for less.

600B/Mt is the Thai price.

If you want metal half way up then add 50% to the price. :D

The price increases,yes i think so.But what can i do,its the brother from my wife,he also must take care for the house when i am not there.So what is your atvice for this?Must i go too the chinese construction compagnie.The price will be 1000/1500 bath a meter,you read that from Ed.When the brother say it will cost 700,i am ok with that.The cement is also gone up in two years time from 70 bath to 120 bath a bag.

• 4 weeks later...

I say move into town where you can block entrance to your premises with one of them accordion arrangements with a padlock that faces the street.

Mount your heavy machine gun on your balcony railing and sleep in peace...(look out for the split AC unit compressor, godammit...)