Cb 750 Custom For Sale

I've finally decided to sell my CB 750 DOHC Custom.

It also suffers from the same reason I sold my Steed 600, not been driven.

Its original year of build should have been '81 or so, was imported into TH '93

When I purchased it, it was basically a wreck, no more exhaust pipes, front and rear fenders rusted away, rear chock absorbers gone, front leaking oil, very "slick" tires and so on.

I rebuild/restored it to:

post-63453-1239159018_thumb.jpg

(here a few more pic's at Honda JP: http://www.honda.co.jp/CBSpecial/bestshot/02/0205_02.html)

That was spring '02

(do not get to excited, it does not look like that anymore.....)

What was done to get it back to "nice":

Fully taken apart.. new fenders made

sandblasted all chassis parts down to blank and had it repainted (also Gasoline tank)

ruined several pairs of shoes, finding parts, imported some from overseas.

had the exhausts re-made (some shop in Thonburi)

Cleaned and re-anodized the aluminum parts

Cleaned and buffed the engine aluminum parts to near chrome quality and had them chromed (and that was a stupid idea, after a year the chrome stated to chip of)

re-build the electrical wiring

cleaned the engine outside (was hard to recognize due to years of dirt and oil packed on it)

re-work the carbs, got new cut-off valves. (the guy's at Red Baron then did the final tuneup)

(didn't want to go deeper into the engine because I could not find the proper gaskets then)

New (second hand) shock-absorbers front and rear, new .. brake-system front and rear.

And a bunch of other things that I have forgotten by now.

(also replaced the "custom" handle-bar by the normal handle-bar, the "custom" was dangerous)

Have been driving it for several years, did a few "flat-outs" to see where the max speed is, made 200K with it, seemed that there was still more, but my nerves ran out....

Engine uses more oil than average, also has a ticking sound when in idle, but that disappears as soon as you accelerate.

As I said, the bike looked like that in '02, now ... that's a different story, chrome is not to good looking, engine chromed parts are a disaster, so the general impression is not good looking. (rest of the chassis is rust free)

This is a bike for someone who loves getting it back to shape and isn't afraid of getting his hands dirty, no parts would need replacement, and after a bit of a tune up it will bring you anywhere. Due to it's age it is almost a "collectors item".

I'm intending to sell it "as is", to the max I would clean it once more, and get the engine running (been standing for a few months again), but there it stops, I have no time to do more than that and in no condition either.

Should I calculate all the restoration costs into it, I would have to sell it for 250K++, but I will settle for half of that or so...

Before I forget it, come with the green book (Legal!!) and a shop manual...