Now Here Is An Idea.......thai Visa Starts

Thai Visa earns money per each customer referred, while we have a VISA, MasterCard or DebitCard from the states or Europe that we can use everywhere throughout the world and with places on the net, PayPal and ebay. Of course Thai VISA gets the customer and earns (I think the going rate is $50 per card) but bears no responsibility. Something worth checking into. The card would of course carry the logo of THaiVISA (a catchy name for a VISA Card) and the forum could offer assistance to people that lost their cards etc.

yeh put me down for one too...

A new customer every 30 minutes would amount to $72,000 a month for ThaiVisa. Not bad! Hope that $50 part is true, I am not sure, just something I have heard in the past!

Thai Visa earns money per each customer referred, while we have a VISA, MasterCard or DebitCard from the states or Europe that we can use everywhere throughout the world and with places on the net, PayPal and ebay.  Of course Thai VISA gets the customer and earns (I think the going rate is $50 per card) but bears no responsibility.  Something worth checking into.  The card would of course carry the logo of THaiVISA (a catchy name for a VISA Card) and the forum could offer assistance to people that lost their cards etc.

So where would your card be domiciled Mouse. Thailand? So all charges will be in baht and the card would only be available to expats typically earning in excess of 70,000 baht and with a work permit. I'd hazzard a guess that your total pool of customers would amount to no more than 200. Somehow I cant see any bank knocking at Georges door for such a number of potential members. And of those 200 or so work permit holders, how many already hold credit cards and would have no inclination to use another one? Perhaps 100. So of your notional 100 people, how much are they going to spend on the card? 10,000 baht a month as an average. From that 10,000 baht, the income to the card provider is probably 0.20% which is 20 baht per card holder per month. Which bank would you use and how is there customer service? Would it impact on Thai Visa's reputation if its no good?

What would the payback be for having one of these cards to the consumer? I have cards with Amex and Citibank and accumulate so many points, I have not paid for a personal flight for the last 4 years. All done using the points accumulated by using Amex or Citibank cards and then transferring the points to my Thai airways Royal Orchid Plus account. Probably accumulated about 300,000 miles doing this over last 4 years and much as I 'like' Thai visa, somehow I cant see George offering to match that benefit.

Nice idea but it wont work. PS, I worked for a company that looked at setting up just a system for 200,000 high net worth clients in Asia and it was a complete nightmare. We all knew it was a no brainer but a certain newly arrived head of marketing on his first international assignment was convinced it was going to make a fortune. Funny enough he;s no longer at that company....