Can The 'non O' Visa Still Be Used For 15months?

I have a multiple 'Non O' which expires on the 18/4 and I understand that in the past providing you did a visa run before the visa expiry date you get another 90 day stamp effectively making this 12 month visa into 15 month.

I have heard and read so many conflicting reports about the new rules and regulations..... One random guy told me that he went to Cambodia a week before the end of his 'non O' was about to expire and was told his visa had expired and was given a 15 day stamp from the date he crossed the border.

I'm hoping that some one can clarify these news rules. Will i be able to get another 90 day stamp or just 15 days?

I am looking to study thai and get a "ED" visa when my current 'O' runs out but after contacting some schools they say they need 1 or 2 months to process the application. I'm think my only other option is to get the 2 month tourist visa from Laos.

Any help or advice is appreciated

Your visa expires the day indicated on it so he probably tried to leave/return on that date (already expired).

There is no change for any visa entry - you get the normal 90 day stay if you get back here the day before the date on the visa.

Hi Fellone

I myself have recently been told by some of the guys on here that you can effectivley stretch your 1yr visa to 15 months by doing a border run just before your time is up.Maybe the guy who told you otherwise had to deal with a moody officer that day.

Yes, but you MUST enter before the 'enter before' date on the VISA, NOT the 'permitted to stay' date on your previous entry stamp. I think this is where much of the confusion arises :o

Edited by Crossy

I do have a multi O myself and I never taken out the option of another 90 days, so what you guys telling me if I leave let's say one week before the visa runs out and re enter a day or two later I will get another 90 days at the point I enter Thailand again ?

I do have a multi O myself and I never taken out the option of another 90 days, so what you guys telling me if I leave let's say one week before the visa runs out and re enter a day or two later I will get another 90 days at the point I enter Thailand again ?

Yup, you can re-enter a minute or two after leaving if you want (but you do have to enter the other country at a land crossing). But it must be BEFORE 'enter before' date on the VISA.

Edited by Crossy

Yup, you can re-enter a minute or two after leaving if you want (but you do have to enter the other country at a land crossing). But it must be BEFORE 'enter before' date on the VISA.

Thanks Crossy,I always do my border runs to Penang since that is a convienent and cheap

option for me. So my visa runs out on the 16th of August I leave Thailand on the 10th of August and return before the 16th I will be save I guess :o