Traffic Chaos In Bangkok As Protesters Close Main Roads

george

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a regular person who met Abhisit because a I (amongst hundreds of others) went to a couple of the dinners for Oxford and Cambridge alumni in BKK and spoke to him each time
Spoken like a true Thai. You get honorary MTTT status... We should all just stop caring, taking any interest at all and become brainless retards like most Thais....

Emphasis mine in red above, a perspective that you no doubt raise with 'Mark' during the annual soiree with the ol' school chums, correct?

Sorry you weren't invited. Maybe you could work on beefing up the security in Thailand for your friends as it is obviously to International Standards, the only problem is it's more like East Timor International Standards!

Lets call a spade a spade.

The red shirts failed completely to organize a mass demonstration, and they did not succeeded any of their goals or targets

First they announced 1 million people, they could hardly get 100 000 and even that number came down rapidly after a few hours.

They proclaimed that they will demonstrate all over the country, also this failed.

They announced they will block the traffic in Bangkok completely by 20 000 taxis, also this failed, even that much that by standers pushed away the blocking taxis and burned red flags while the crowd was cheering GO AWAY. Did you see in YouTube how the taxis drove away to escape from the anger of the public. And I wrote PUBLIC not yellow shirts.

They announced that they will block the ASEAN meeting in Pattaya, they failed. I just saw some news covering on TV that the participants of the meeting where joking on the terrace of the hotel about the pathetic attempt of the red shirts to enter the hotel.

My wife is in Chiang Mai on a family visit, she did not see any demonstration, and not even see a red shirt. And this is in a so called stronghold of the red's.

They announced that ten thousands demonstrators from issan will come to Bangkok, where are they?

Its very clear that you didn't have the support from the Thai public nationwide, even worse they start to dislike you and showed it very clear on a few occasions.

So all red shirts fan in this forum accept your defeat with grace, lick your wounds of your shattered dreams and ego and move on. Don't blame others for your defeat, because you created your defeat by yourself.

And if you are genuine to the reforms you demanded, get rid of Thaksin and his cronies and start to work on new party with new young politicians and distance yourself from nitwits like Chalerm and Samak and do what any opposition party is doing in a democracy, oppose in the parliament and not on the streets. And use the time to the next election to reform your movement and make a decent political plan with a better future for the country you claim to love.

You learned a hard lesson so you should learn from it. And maybe this can even benefit you in the future not making the same mistakes.

So we can conclude that besides a few thousands hardcore red shirts, the public did not support you at all.

Even Thaksin, at last start to understand that his game is over, that's why he stopped his phone-ins and let his family flee the country.

THE GAME IS OVER, BECAUSE YOU PLAYED WITH THE WRONG CARDS AND LOST.

Kind regards and wish you the best

henry

Doesn't look that way to me!

i bet Phuket is ecstatic that they moved the Asian meeting to Pattaya!

Well, leaving the politics aside for a moment and focussing on pure ability to manage and govern, the current excuse for a government have proven their organisational skills amply.

Aside from short-sided economic policy, they now have shown the following wisdom.

Abhisit/Suthep notebook planning perhaps:

We should host an international conference when we have a nation that is not behind us as we have to go ahead

We'll hold the conference in Pattaya just 1 hour from the centre of the trouble - we don't think anyone will find their way there

THere are lots of girls in Pattaya so everyone can have fun and

The place is controlled by Russian mafia so we can always get a cheap hitman if we need it

Our security will be our usual international standards so no ned for the navy but if we need them theya re jsut down the road at Sattahip

Let's make sure all the delegates stay at different hotels all over Pattaya so they have a ascenic drive in and can collect their companions on the way home

Let's keep hoping it goes ok...

Amazing Thailand!

No need for you to imagine it, they did much worse in real life blocking tourists from going home by blocking airports, blocking the elected government from performing their functions, shooting at people in the street, murdering people, ping pong bombs etc, do you want me to go on or are you going to take your blinkers off?

I considered embarrassing you for your ridiculous posts but then I thought, no, let you get on with them, you are doing a grand job of embarrassing yourself, keep them coming. The sad thing is I think you actually believe what you are writing because nobody could expect anyone else to believe propaganda, we all know you are talking through your anus, its not as though we have not seen the footage of the yellows, its not as though you are telling us about some fish that you caught when you was alone.

Try and post sensibly and I am sure you will get some respect

Much worse than endangering the lives of 16 heads of state?

oh my dear Oscar, I thought there were forum rules against name calling. hopefully the mods will deal with it.

I am sure the 16 heads of state are well protected by teams of body guards and I am sure their lives are not in danger, but how apt for a yellow shirted supporter to put the life of an elite before the life of a motor bike taxi rider.

Just to clarify, I am not condoning the reds actions, however I am not prepared either to see the criminal actions of the PAD swept under the carpet by certain posters as if they didn't happen.

The yellows never attacked anyone, they only defended themself.

No attacks with machetes and Molotov cocktails....

You are delusional as there are countless videos and eyewitness accounts of violence from the yellowshirts. Many of them shown on this forum!

i bet Phuket is ecstatic that they moved the Asian meeting to Pattaya!

Well, leaving the politics aside for a moment and focussing on pure ability to manage and govern, the current excuse for a government have proven their organisational skills amply.

Aside from short-sided economic policy, they now have shown the following wisdom.

Abhisit/Suthep notebook planning perhaps:

We should host an international conference when we have a nation that is not behind us as we have to go ahead

We'll hold the conference in Pattaya just 1 hour from the centre of the trouble - we don't think anyone will find their way there

THere are lots of girls in Pattaya so everyone can have fun and

The place is controlled by Russian mafia so we can always get a cheap hitman if we need it

Our security will be our usual international standards so no ned for the navy but if we need them theya re jsut down the road at Sattahip

Let's make sure all the delegates stay at different hotels all over Pattaya so they have a ascenic drive in and can collect their companions on the way home

Let's keep hoping it goes ok...

Amazing Thailand!

Most probably the planning was like that.

It seems like....

Seriously now. Do you believe the crap you're saying? Just a few examples:

"In Chiang Mai late Wednesday protesters wearing yellow shirts pulled a 60-year-old man from his car and shot and killed him, Reuters journalist John Sanlin told CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/...port/index.html

Then there is the popular video of the young man being chased down the street by the yellow shirts running behind him with bats and knifes. He was found a day later in a khlong nearly dead and rushed to hospital.

Then there are the photos and videos of the yellow shirts attacking the police when they tried to get even near the airports.

Then there are photos of yellow shirts holding guns and long knifes on Viphavadee Rangsit road and waving them at reporters.

Thai tv channels report Red shirted protesters going to the house of PM Abhisit

Waerth

I can confirm that there are red shirts around abhisit's house, my wife just passed them in the taxi

If that is true, then they are certainly in for a record in the Guiness book of Records with 300 in one taxi !!!

Seriously now. Do you believe the crap you're saying? Just a few examples:

"In Chiang Mai late Wednesday protesters wearing yellow shirts pulled a 60-year-old man from his car and shot and killed him, Reuters journalist John Sanlin told CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/...port/index.html

Then there is the popular video of the young man being chased down the street by the yellow shirts running behind him with bats and knifes. He was found a day later in a khlong nearly dead and rushed to hospital.

Then there are the photos and videos of the yellow shirts attacking the police when they tried to get even near the airports.

Then there are photos of yellow shirts holding guns and long knifes on Viphavadee Rangsit road and waving them at reporters.

There are bad people and opportunists on any "sides" taking venture, but, the yellows (and the public) have rightfully ratcheted up the defensive offense to counter the red offense. I can't imagine anyone comparing the airport demonstration, overturning proven election fraud, corruption, and a hijacking of government for selfish gain, with the red shirts storming an international summit to disrupt a much needed international conference and take the head off the PM. Toxin, his crimes against Thailand and his red army are history and too overtly perpetrated to be anything but obvious and obscene.

I cant believe this, the red shirts are creating a major international incident, and some poster justify it by saying, "well the yellows are worse"! Are these the same poster who justify every violent, stupid or ignorant action in Thailand by saying, "well worse things happen in the west". Get real!

hope all those cabbies cough up their half day fees (500 baht to rent one) and earn nothing and soon quit

no doubt about it, they are getting reimbursed for their troubles.

most taxi drivers are fiercly pro thaksin anyways

Seems to me that I recall Thaksin railing against taxi drivers for lecturing to their fares about Thaksin's shortcomings.  This is the incident that got me to wondering about his meglomania in the first place.

I cant believe this, the red shirts are creating a major international incident, and some poster justify it by saying, "well the yellows are worse"! Are these the same poster who justify every violent, stupid or ignorant action in Thailand by saying, "well worse things happen in the west". Get real!

Justify? I wrote up there that the UDD's actions today were wrong.

The again, I didn't see you so worked up when the PAD occupied one of the world's most important airports and stranded hundreds of thousands of tourists for over a week. The red shirts are demonstrating at a single Pattaya resort where a meeting of international politicians takes place. They all have private jets to fly home within hours or go somewhere else for the meeting in their helicopters if they want.

Not quite the same, is it?

well this is a turn up, despite the mocking of the number of reds they showed today that numbers are just not that important.

As for the PAD not attacking a conference for international politicians, I wonder if there was a conference when they were holding thailand to ransom they would have stayed away, they kept the thai politicians away from parliament so its not beyond reasonable thought, and considering their acts of trespass and murder they would have acted in exactly the same way

The again, I didn't see you so worked up when the PAD occupied one of the world's most important airports and stranded hundreds of thousands of tourists for over a week. The red shirts are demonstrating at a single Pattaya resort where a meeting of international politicians takes place. They all have private jets to fly home within hours or go somewhere else for the meeting in their helicopters if they want.

After being one of those hundred of thousand tourists trapped in Thailand by the yellow shirt airport closure (actually it was 12 days), I have no simphathy for either side. Also I have no respect for lame excuses for the red shirts actions. It doesnt matter that the ASEAN leaders have private jets or helicopter, what matters is Thailands international reputation.

After being one of those hundred of thousand tourists trapped in Thailand by the yellow shirt airport closure (actually it was 12 days), I have no simphathy for either side. Also I have no respect for lame excuses for the red shirts actions. It doesnt matter that the ASEAN leaders have private jets or helicopter, what matters is Thailands international reputation.

If someone hits u in the face first and then u hit back. Does that mean that both of u are equally bad?

The yellow provoked the military coup. The reds won the election held one year later. The yellow stole it by hijacking the country. It can not be so difficult to understand that the reds are feeling cheated.

If someone hits u in the face first and then u hit back. Does that mean that both of u are equally bad?

The yellow provoked the military coup. The reds won the election held one year later. The yellow stole it by hijacking the country. It can not be so difficult to understand that the reds are feeling cheated.

The tit for tat argument doesnt justify the actions of any group. It just adds fuel to a conflict spiral. Its time to stop making excuses and defuse the situation. Thailand needs a strong leader, with loyal support from their ministers and people. Then the government can take decisive action againt the minority special interset groups who are currently hold the country hostage.

Edited by waza

Looks like the red shirts are upping the anti a little -

Somehow virtually holding 4 heads of state hostage does not seem the best way to endear you and your movement to the world. :o

This is getting very close to "Ratchaburi Hospital" time... to find the solution...

For benefit the unitiated what this poster is referring to was a massacre of Burmese diisidents by the Thai armed forces at Ratchaburi Hospital.

Getting a little blood lust up are we? It's telling how true colours emerge when the heat is on.I and no doubt others will remember this telling little lapse of yours. Abhisit, for all the calumny being poured on him now, comes out of this quite well.But what were the police playing at and who exactly were those blue shirted thugs?

I am afraid your thirst for violence was thwarted, not least because at no time was any head of state held hostage. In essence , show over.

Having said that the redshirt leaders responsible for this outrage along with their yellow alter egos should be arrested and charged

if you connect the dots

Thaksin named names and also mentioned the Monarchy

Thaksin moves his family out of Thailand

Thaksin moves his army of supporters in

The PM moves his army of police and soldiers in

Stay inside for a few days and watch the fireworks

as there is no solution without conflict

VERY predictable

game set and match

Thaksin plays his last hand and looses it

plus he has screwed up his families life - for good!

now a sane man would back off after loosing so much - but are we dealing with a sane man???

billions of dollar? Trillions? No Quadrillion, if PAD did not block the Airport for a week everyone worldwide would be rich by now, Nordkorea would be a true democracy, no African would be hungry anymore, Al Quaida would have made peace.......All is the fault of PAD.

I almost laughed. But only almost, so ...not really.

50,000 million baht accounted for the loss of income to the airport authority.

A study done by Bank of Thailand estimated the cost to $290 billion Baht. That's almost $10 billion dollars.

"According to the study, the losses included 120 billion baht in the service industry, 90 billion baht in logistics and 60 billion baht in industry."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/13...bt290-bln-study

If you include goodwill the loss is much larger.

I hate posters who rely on facts.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Pad-Ahimsa-t220971.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30087406

Man injured in shooting with PAD guards

A man was shot and injured early Sunday after he and his friends drove to the Makkhawan Bridge and shouted abusive words at guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy.

The guards claimed that the group started firing at them first but the five men told police that one of them simply raised their middle finger and shouted abusive words against the PAD guards and they chased after them and fired at them.

The injured man was identified as Jaroon Deetour, 22. He was shot once on his right shoulder and rushed to the Vajira Hospital.

Four other men in the car were taken into custody by police from Nangloeng Police station

They told police that they went to drink on a pub on Khao San Road and they got lost while returning home in Samut Prakan and Jaroon later drove to the Makkhawan Bridge and Jaroon lowed the window and raised his middle finger to the PAD guards.

No PAD guards were arrested.

'PAD guards' arrested with bombs

Police Sunday arrested two men, who confessed to be PAD guards, after a lot of bombs and other weapons were found on them.

The two - Thanit Khanurai, 28, and Watana Kijpithaksin, 22, were arrested while riding a motorcycle on the Ratchasima Road in Dusit district at 2:50 pm.

Police found a bag with 3 M67 grenades, 22 ping pong bombs, 1 homemade bomb, 4 shotgun ammunitions, a samurai sword, and three sling shots.

Police also found id cards of PAD guards on them.

Watana told police that he was hired by another PAD guard, identified only as Nok, to carry the bag from a spot under the Rajawat Bridge to put into a garbage bin in front of the Rajdamnone Boxing Stadium.

Source: The Nation - 10 November 2008

=================

http://www.bangkokpost.com/021208_News/02Dec2008_news07.php

Call to stop violent attacks on journalists

Media organisations condemn harassment [by PAD}

Five media organisations have slammed several instances of violence and intimidation towards journalists.

Journalistsand photographers atDonMueang airport as they cover the People’s Alliance for Democracy protest after facing threats by the antigovernment group’s security guards.

The move follows the recent intimidation of reporters and photographers by guards at the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) rallies.

The Press Council of Thailand, the Confederation of Thai Journalists, the Thai Journalists Association, the Thai Broadcast Journalists Association and the Cable Television Association of Thailand yesterday issued a joint statement calling for an end to all forms of threats and intimidation of those working in all media fields. They condemned violent acts against reporters, cameramen and news crews.

Among those acts were a recent threat against a newspaper photographer who photographed clashes between supporters of the PAD and pro-government supporters on Vibhavadi Rangsit Soi 3, intimidation of reporters and cameramen covering a crime story in Chiang Mai, a gun attack on the ASTV television station in Bangkok, and a gun attack by PAD guards on a broadcast van belonging to the TNN news station at Suvarnabhumi airport.

clip showing PAD guards firing guns at unarmed anti-padders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbnFPhExOTw

Looks like the red shirts are upping the anti a little -

Somehow virtually holding 4 heads of state hostage does not seem the best way to endear you and your movement to the world. :o

This is getting very close to "Ratchaburi Hospital" time... to find the solution...

For benefit the unitiated what this poster is referring to was a massacre of Burmese diisidents by the Thai armed forces at Ratchaburi Hospital.

what you were saying about me misrepresenting the description of an event awhile back?

your "Burmese diisidents" [sic] were fanatical, automatic-weapon toting terrorists who laid siege to a Thai hospital with hundreds of patient hostages....

God's Army described as...... "Burmese diisidents"

Indeed... :D

what you were saying about me misrepresenting the description of an event awhile back?

your "Burmese diisidents" [sic] were fanatical, automatic-weapon toting terrorists who laid siege to a Thai hospital with hundreds of patient hostages....

Indeed... :D

Don't be disingenuous.Not all of us are naive so spare us the excuses for your irresponsible post.You were clearly advocating a bloody crack down .Fortunately, in contrast with your violent instincts , Khun Abhisit had a cooler head.He may have looked silly at the time but his restraint has paid huge dividends and he clearly holds the moral high ground.

Also God's army were Burmese dissidents though I don't disagree with your description of them.

Indeed... :o

Don't be disingenuous.Not all of us are naive so spare us the excuses for your irresponsible post.You were clearly advocating a bloody crack down .Fortunately, in contrast with your violent instincts , Khun Abhisit had a cooler head.He may have looked silly at the time but his restraint has paid huge dividends and he clearly holds the moral high ground.

Also God's army were Burmese dissidents though I don't disagree with your description of them.

Amazing how you read so very much into so very few words... probably explains why you miss the mark so very much.

There was just enough restrained force utilized then to end the siege with as little collateral damage as possible... same as what happened to the Red Shirts with Abhisit. Both actions were constrained and controlled.

btw, there was nothing irresponsible in my post in the slightest... I didn't say it was it Vietnam's Mi Lai Massacre time to find a solution.

hey guys!

i am coming to thailand on may 1st. i plan to stay there for two weeks. the plan is to stay in bangkok for a couple of days an then head to ao nang, ko lanta and so. with all this political problems there i am not sure what to do. i would appriciate a lot if anyone living in thailand can help me to decide whter or not to go. i understand the riots actually happend on just a few places in the city and that majority of the city was unaffected. but my biggest concern is that is there any real danger of this unrest culminating in some sort of civil war or something like that? how exactly is the situation serious? i'm asking because all this press coverage is not really first hand and you can't be sure what the situation really is like. especially since i was unaware of thailand problems until last week. i heard only nice things about the country and the people, that's why i decided to visit. and by looking at some tourist guides the beauty of thailand is truly breathtaking, but i would really like some info on the safety issue (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

thanks in advance on your help!