Traffic Chaos In Bangkok As Protesters Close Main Roads

george

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how you read so very much into so very few words... probably explains why you miss the mark so very much.

There was just enough restrained force utilized then to end the siege with as little collateral damage as possible... same as what happened to the Red Shirts with Abhisit. Both actions were constrained and controlled.

btw, there was nothing irresponsible in my post in the slightest... I didn't say it was it Vietnam's Mi Lai Massacre time to find a solution.

For the record you can't wriggle out of your irresponsible post so easily (though you will try I expect).

You advocated a commando style attack at Pattaya in which many reds would be killed.This is the clear implication of your "Ratchaburi Hospital time" comment.

The distinction is that at Pattaya Abhisit was not dealing with a small group of Burmese terrorists but demonstrators who not only were all Thai citizens, but also representing a huge body of national opinion.Certainly there was incompetence or worse from those in charge of security.Certainly Abhisit was greatly embarrassed.However you do not slaughter your own citizenry because you are embarrassed.What is more in political terms murdering demonstrators has always been unproductive in Thailand.Abhisit knows all this and credit to him and I'm so pleased subsequent events worked out for him and the country.You, so consumed by hatred of the reds, don't seem to have a clue.

Amazing how you read so very much into so very few words... probably explains why you miss the mark so very much.

There was just enough restrained force utilized then to end the siege with as little collateral damage as possible... same as what happened to the Red Shirts with Abhisit. Both actions were constrained and controlled.

btw, there was nothing irresponsible in my post in the slightest... I didn't say it was it Vietnam's Mi Lai Massacre time to find a solution.

For the record you can't wriggle out of your irresponsible post so easily (though you will try I expect).

You advocated a commando style attack at Pattaya in which many reds would be killed.This is the clear implication of your "Ratchaburi Hospital time" comment.

The distinction is that at Pattaya Abhisit was not dealing with a small group of Burmese terrorists but demonstrators who not only were all Thai citizens, but also representing a huge body of national opinion.Certainly there was incompetence or worse from those in charge of security.Certainly Abhisit was greatly embarrassed.However you do not slaughter your own citizenry because you are embarrassed.What is more in political terms murdering demonstrators has always been unproductive in Thailand.Abhisit knows all this and credit to him and I'm so pleased subsequent events worked out for him and the country.You, so consumed by hatred of the reds, don't seem to have a clue.

Your persistence to continue to inflate and add more than what was in my post is as amazing as it is humorous.

Suffice to say, my post indicated nothing more than a constrained tactical effort, such as what was used in Ratchaburi, was rapidly becoming the viable option when heads of state are threatened with mob action by some demented Red Shirts who represented only the interests of a megalomaniac.

btw, no one in Ratchaburi was slaughtered. These fanatical, whacked-out terrorists with M-16's holding ill patients as hostages were dealt with the only way possible given that situation. A careful and clever plan was devised and restraint was used instead of just storming in and blasting away. Similarly, Abhisit's plan used restraint and he was successful with it. No doubt if these Red Shits had decided to further escalate their terroristic plans by taking the foreign heads of state, that they were already imperiling, as hostages, they would have met the same fate as your laughably so-called Burmese dissidents.

Edited by sriracha john