Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs?

actiondell4

Well Australia is passing law in the next few weeks,(Sydney)to ban bikie gangs,because of the amount of killings in Sydney in the last few weeks.Murder at Sydney Airport a few weeks ago etc

I know a lot of these groups,Hells Angels,Bandidos etc are in Western Countries,and Europe but didnt think Thailand.

I dont know how the thai mafia would accept them.or the thai authorities?

However i seem to recall at once stag e a lot of bikers riding with leather jackets(colors)a few years ago in pattaya,not sure .

Thanks for the info ACECAFE,you seem to have a interest in them.

It my understanding that the Banditos are running Koh Samui..........The End of the line for Bandidos Mafia Gang

DSI Officer, together with the Metropolitan Police and Por Por Sor team of Officers, made a thorough search and arrested a Mafia gang, who called themselves "Bandidos" on Samui Island and Pattaya.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000000701

:o

Hardlys have a brilliant sales department, they sell a 'lifestyle" gives people a chance in later life to do what they were unable to do in their younger years.

But, they are offensively noisy, not a particularly pleasant noise either, unlike an F1 car revving to 18k, I find the Hardly noise equally offensive as the trucks running around town, spewing shit and noise! :o

agree with that! Can't you guys get a decent muffler??

No. :D

I know a lot of these groups,Hells Angels,Bandidos etc are in Western Countries,and Europe but didnt think Thailand.

I dont know how the thai mafia would accept them.or the thai authorities?

However i seem to recall at once stag e a lot of bikers riding with leather jackets(colors)a few years ago in pattaya,not sure .

Thanks for the info ACECAFE,you seem to have a interest in them.

Methinks you didn't quite get my post mate....... there are literally hundreds of backpatch/colours wearing bike clubs here in Thailand but there is zero trouble....... and a lot of the Thai authorities ride Harleys too!

Yes, you will see very many leather vests with colours in Pattaya.

Me? Yeah, I have an interest in 'em...... that's me on the far left!

that must be one ugly bunch of bikers that no one will face the camera ......or all wanted by Immigration. :o

Hardlys have a brilliant sales department, they sell a 'lifestyle" gives people a chance in later life to do what they were unable to do in their younger years.

But, they are offensively noisy, not a particularly pleasant noise either, unlike an F1 car revving to 18k, I find the Hardly noise equally offensive as the trucks running around town, spewing shit and noise! :o

agree with that! Can't you guys get a decent muffler??

i think the noise is a pleasant noise as is an F1 car, if they werent so noisy i wouldnt be interested in buying one and nor i suspect would others who own them if they were honest...........its very hard to get the same sound from any other bike.They dont sound the same as the trucks or non silenced normal cars on the road. Its not about being heard etc but it is nice to see the jealous faces or screwed up faces of those that think theyre offensive...cant beat that for sure .

I do think they are overpriced for what they are and especially in Thailand but i suppose if they werent so expensive then everyone would have one and they wouldnt be so well thought of.

Personally i prefer a custom made chopper with a Harley engine but again freakin expensive ..unless you minted but i still apreciate normal Harleys as i do most bikes over 250 cc.....i like bikes, always have always will...........i especially like that you can buy a second hand sports bike for 1000 or so Uk pounds and it can out run and definitely out accelerate 95% of so called sports cars at 20, 50 or 100 times the price...........greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat fun and cheap, il never afford a lamborghini so its not bad as a second choice.

just my tuppence

bandidos mc are the only big international club in thailand ,mad dogs mc would be one of the big international asian clubs there too.they have chapters in most asian countries ,they are known as a supporter club of the hells angels....hells angels have been trying to get in for a while ..maybe they will some time through some supporter club or something like that ...i see a new club -house of pain mc ...this is the hells angels newest supporter club there started up by a mad dog mc member ..they use red n white colours too..

there used to be alot of fighting years ago between all the different clubs in thailand but now they all party together,,jumeen the president of burapa mc thailand put a stop to all the fighting ...he got all the clubs together and sorted it out ...now they all ride for peace...this is the motto used for most of the big bike weeks "ride for peace" make love no war party.........

thailand bike weeks are very enjoyable..great music ,entertainment etc ..thailand has some of the best custom bikes to be seen any where in the world....

bandidos are growing in popularity in thailand with many chapters throughout the country...i know some of these guys and they are sound,nice dudes...there is hundreds of clubs in thailand now ..they all wear back patches...every one parties together and that is a good thing....

most of the bigger clubs have their own club houses ,where they hold meetings and invite friends over for parties...these clubs do some great work for charities..the jesters mc thailand have generated millions of baht for charities over the years..

dont judge these bikers when you see them ...get to know them first before you make assumptions about them because there is some really sound people involved in these clubs....like any social scene in society ,there will always be some <deleted> involved,,but thats life i suppose.........and to all those people knocking harleys ..go for a ride on one first and come back and tell me you diddent enjoy yourself...i rode sports bikes for years fireblades,r1s,gsxrr,zxrs..then one day a friend of mine gave me his custom harley for a spin ...i came back hooked,,,its a different buzz than from a sports bike..feet forward, arms wide and believe me they can move fast to when youn want too.....its not what you ride its the brotherhood of friendship thats important........

Barrybike, thanks for your interest in us. I am Tim Wood, President of Mad Dog MC Thailand.

I would just like to clarify a couple of points you have raised: We are not a support club to the Hells Angels or anyone else. The 'House of Pain' is not to the best of my kinowledge a Motorcycle club, but a tattoo studio and is nothing to do with us.

The Mad Dog Motorcycle Club started in Manila, Philippines fifteen years ago and is now established in Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as here in Pattaya. We are, I believe, the largest club in Asia, consisting of men from all walks of life and many nationalities who enjoy each other's company and riding motorcycles. As with the other established clubs in Thailand, we have no interest in 'criminal activities' or causing trouble of any kind. Most of our members are in their forties and fifties and either work off shore or are retired from responsible jobs. We have a good relationship with other clubs including the Banditos.

Please visit our international website if interested in learning more about us: mdmc.org.

Next time you see one of us say hello, he might even buy you a beer!

Tim.

A few "outlaw" motorcycle groups etc have clubs worldwide,does Thailand have "bikie " gangs.

The only ones i have seen are charity type bikie groups who still wear the leather jackets but seem to do charity work.oncern for Thai

i know several countries now having trouble with violence especially amongst each other.

Does Pattaya have trouble with any outlaw motorbike groups,is it a big concern for Thai Police?

Yes, there are outlaw gangs in Pattaya, just recently a 16 year old kill in road race. www.pattayadailynews.com Pattaya teenager died in street race, 6 April 2009, gang member YES!!

ok tim sorry about a few of my points..maybe people think that as you being an ex ha member and pictures of the late dr ian maz harris in your bar etc...heres a photo of house of pain tshirt at pattaya bike week ......ive seen 1 thai member wearing support 81 shirts all the time , now correct me if im wrong..here is no place to be talking club stuff eitherway........and from the op heading on topic bikies its easy to know where he comes from ..where i come from we are known as bikers...we dont need that shit from down under coming to thailand thats for sure........

post-70166-1239671892_thumb.jpg

A few "outlaw" motorcycle groups etc have clubs worldwide,does Thailand have "bikie " gangs.

The only ones i have seen are charity type bikie groups who still wear the leather jackets but seem to do charity work.oncern for Thai

i know several countries now having trouble with violence especially amongst each other.

Does Pattaya have trouble with any outlaw motorbike groups,is it a big concern for Thai Police?

Yes, there are outlaw gangs in Pattaya, just recently a 16 year old kill in road race. www.pattayadailynews.com Pattaya teenager died in street race, 6 April 2009, gang member YES!!

Agreed but they are Thai teenagers who ride about in gangs, the real MC clubs here are peaceful, I have a lot of good customers in the bar from the biker groups including the Mad Dogs. :o

^ Grown men calling themselves "Mad Dogs" Sorry just can't comprehend why?

If Thai child motorcycle gangs were wearing a patch "Nasty Brats" or whatever who would be the first to laugh? :o

forgot to mention the outlaws mc ..they have chapters in bangkok and phuket but their numbers are fairly small i think........

07 phuket bike week a russian outlaw was disrespectful toward's a Hero's End member(Thai club) when he finally woke up a day or so later,he was in hospital,all his bag's packed and a message to leave quickly,which he did,end of outlaws in phuket.It was very funny this guy was almost 7ft and :o is about 5'2".A kick in the balls will drop an elephant.

forgot to mention the outlaws mc ..they have chapters in bangkok and phuket but their numbers are fairly small i think........

07 phuket bike week a russian outlaw was disrespectful toward's a Hero's End member(Thai club) when he finally woke up a day or so later,he was in hospital,all his bag's packed and a message to leave quickly,which he did,end of outlaws in phuket.It was very funny this guy was almost 7ft and :o is about 5'2".A kick in the balls will drop an elephant.

heroes end mc in phuket have alot of members maybe 30+ ,they also have a big chapter in hat yai..........very stupid move from the outlaw mc member......thinking he can disrespect a thai member in his own country ,where he would be heavily outnumbered.....

heroes end mc in phuket have alot of members maybe 30+ ,they also have a big chapter in hat yai..........very stupid move from the outlaw mc member......thinking he can disrespect a thai member in his own country ,where he would be heavily outnumbered.....

i lived phuket for 3 years and know them real well,not one bad apple,they also have a chapter in e u.how's Lenny by the way

i lived phuket for 3 years and know them real well,not one bad apple,they also have a chapter in e u.how's Lenny by the way

where is heroes end mc chapter in eu ? lenny is getting better i think ..i wasent down in his shop for a while now..........

i think the noise is a pleasant noise as is an F1 car, if they werent so noisy i wouldnt be interested in buying one and nor i suspect would others who own them if they were honest...........its very hard to get the same sound from any other bike.They dont sound the same as the trucks or non silenced normal cars on the road. Its not about being heard etc but it is nice to see the jealous faces or screwed up faces of those that think theyre offensive...cant beat that for sure .

I find the noise of a Harley without decent mufflers very annoying, and it has nothing at all to do with jealousy. It's an assault to the ears and loud Harley riders are attention seekers whether you like to admit it or not.

It also gives people (Farang Harley owners) a chance in Pattaya to blast everyone with ear damaging high decibel noise levels and get the attention they missed back at home where noise ordinances force the Harleys to run more quietly.

Pedestrians (unless deaf)don't walk out in front of you,all other traffic are aware you exist and the odd highway officer salute's as you breeze past checkpoint.

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVE'S. :o

This is the nonsense which loud pipe lovers propogate so that they can continue to enjoy the feeling of opening up the exhaust system to enhance their perceived virility.

Loud pipes don’t save lives, they piss people off which causes road rage. I know when a loud Harley passes me I feel assaulted and get an adrenaline rush and then start thinking what I'd like to do with the idiot on the bike.

Apart from that, it's not very safe for a Harley rider to encase himself in an envelope of very loud exhaust sound because the rider will not be able to hear other sounds on the road such as ambulance and other emergency vehicle sirens. He won't hear car horns or other small bike horns. He's a danger to himself and everyone around him.

I find the noise of a Harley without decent mufflers very annoying, and it has nothing at all to do with jealousy. It's an assault to the ears and loud Harley riders are attention seekers whether you like to admit it or not.

100% agree. Must have to do with something dug deeper in the psyche than we want to know about. I am not jealous.

As for F1, rock Music etc...I can CHOOSE when I want to expose myself to the noise. As for a passing Harley I cannot. This also applies to those pick-ups converted into a disco. Had one at a red light next to me and wasn't able to listen to a customer on the phone.

The subject of loud bikes was discussed recently here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Riding-Bikes...amp;hl=brainier

Some bikers are quite defiant about their rights. Tell them that their bike is unsociably and unnecessarily loud and you are likey to be told:

1) a list of excuses as long as your arm as to why loud bikes are good

2) to piss off and mind your own business!

But thankfully not all bikers have this attitude. I should know, i'm one of them.

Edited by rixalex

Pedestrians (unless deaf)don't walk out in front of you,all other traffic are aware you exist and the odd highway officer salute's as you breeze past checkpoint.

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVE'S. :D

We are Soo lucky, to have so many noisy motorbikes, guess we have to thank all the noisy trucks as well, else they would be running all over us! this is about the worse excuse I have heard! :o

Edited by CGW

barry it's in sweden the rocker's on patch are blue & white.some arrangement with H A.

could be a way for ha to come to thailand..i saw a few swedish members of ha last year at phuket bike week drinking with some of the heroes end mc........

bandidos mc are the only big international club in thailand ,mad dogs mc would be one of the big international asian clubs there too.they have chapters in most asian countries ,they are known as a supporter club of the hells angels....hells angels have been trying to get in for a while ..maybe they will some time through some supporter club or something like that ...i see a new club -house of pain mc ...this is the hells angels newest supporter club there started up by a mad dog mc member ..they use red n white colours too..

there used to be alot of fighting years ago between all the different clubs in thailand but now they all party together,,jumeen the president of burapa mc thailand put a stop to all the fighting ...he got all the clubs together and sorted it out ...now they all ride for peace...this is the motto used for most of the big bike weeks "ride for peace" make love no war party.........

thailand bike weeks are very enjoyable..great music ,entertainment etc ..thailand has some of the best custom bikes to be seen any where in the world....

bandidos are growing in popularity in thailand with many chapters throughout the country...i know some of these guys and they are sound,nice dudes...there is hundreds of clubs in thailand now ..they all wear back patches...every one parties together and that is a good thing....

most of the bigger clubs have their own club houses ,where they hold meetings and invite friends over for parties...these clubs do some great work for charities..the jesters mc thailand have generated millions of baht for charities over the years..

dont judge these bikers when you see them ...get to know them first before you make assumptions about them because there is some really sound people involved in these clubs....like any social scene in society ,there will always be some <deleted> involved,,but thats life i suppose.........and to all those people knocking harleys ..go for a ride on one first and come back and tell me you diddent enjoy yourself...i rode sports bikes for years fireblades,r1s,gsxrr,zxrs..then one day a friend of mine gave me his custom harley for a spin ...i came back hooked,,,its a different buzz than from a sports bike..feet forward, arms wide and believe me they can move fast to when youn want too.....its not what you ride its the brotherhood of friendship thats important........

Good for you but I'll stick with my sportsbike.

Tried a cruiser and position is god awful. Legs akimbo like that you'd be forgiven for thinking that a great big hammer is going <deleted> your gonads will vibrating down the road!

I think you can sum up the whole Harley groove as being a bike for extroverts and group-minded types.

They don't do too well as a single solo bike but as a big pack they control the road like Mad Max bikers.

"Different strokes for different folks" Personally I don't run with an extremely load exhaust but I do like to hear the engine sounds.

I think anyone whinging about hearing loud exhausts for a few minutes a day is over sensitive. What's it matter, a few bikes for a few seconds here and there? Cum on, give me, and the other riders, a break! It's not as bad as some of the sound (allegedly music) coming out of the bar complexes on Second Rd. Now that is annoying!

As for biker clubs...if they not hurting anyone let em be.

Edited by BSJ

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVE'S. :D

This is the nonsense which loud pipe lovers propogate so that they can continue to enjoy the feeling of opening up the exhaust system to enhance their perceived virility.

Loud pipes don’t save lives, they piss people off which causes road rage. I know when a loud Harley passes me I feel assaulted and get an adrenaline rush and then start thinking what I'd like to do with the idiot on the bike.

Apart from that, it's not very safe for a Harley rider to encase himself in an envelope of very loud exhaust sound because the rider will not be able to hear other sounds on the road such as ambulance and other emergency vehicle sirens. He won't hear car horns or other small bike horns. He's a danger to himself and everyone around him.

You my friend are road rage waiting to happen,virility,assaulted,rush of blood to the head followed by violent tendencies toward's other road user's,with all these demon's running around your head,how can you concentrate on your driving,you are not the only road user. :o

i think its a roid rage he is getting more than a road rage but he might not admit to that. Lucky for all those bikers that Tropo dont go to Bike shows as he might be enraged and beat up all the thousands of terrible virility lacking attention seeking thai/farang noisy bike owners.....i bet they would be real scared.

I think if you aint a biker or a petrol head or you are boring or old then you wont like noisy Harleys or anything noisy for that matter. I like to see the faces of those anti bikers that screw up there faces as a loud bike passes........i could understand if it was a horrible noise like the trucks or the under powered cars with stright thru exhausts but the Harley rumble is unbeatable.

The harleys exhaust is only really loud at full throttle and most Harleys around here are only pootling along so i find it ok.......maybe i didnt get enough attention as a child that liking/wanting a noisy harley is the only way i can feel like a man........jesus,gimme a break!!

I like fast bikes, fast cars, noisy powerful bikes, noisy high powered cars.....according to the experts here then my virilty is shot and im insecure and need attention.....lucky im in Pattaya then to get my fix .

I guess Harley owners like a bit of attention but its for the bike not the owner.......they spent so much money that it would be nice for someone to notice it!!!!

Lastly noisier bikes are safer on the Pattaya streets as the idiots racing around dangerously do give a wide berth and other road users do notice a loud bike when normally they are oblivious to other road users......its not an excuse for a loud exhaust but it sure is a bonus of having one.

Also to the moaners out there ... a bike passing you is a few seconds, you cant tell me you have never sat in a bar/disco that plays superloud music and that probably could cause ear damage!!

You my friend are road rage waiting to happen,virility,assaulted,rush of blood to the head followed by violent tendencies toward's other road user's,with all these demon's running around your head,how can you concentrate on your driving,you are not the only road user. :o

You my friend are wrong. I've been riding these streets for over 3 years and have never assaulted anyone yet...in fact I've never assaulted anyone out of road rage in my entire life.

The comments were made tongue in cheek to make a point.

i think its a roid rage he is getting more than a road rage but he might not admit to that. Lucky for all those bikers that Tropo dont go to Bike shows as he might be enraged and beat up all the thousands of terrible virility lacking attention seeking thai/farang noisy bike owners.....i bet they would be real scared.

I think if you aint a biker or a petrol head or you are boring or old then you wont like noisy Harleys or anything noisy for that matter. I like to see the faces of those anti bikers that screw up there faces as a loud bike passes........i could understand if it was a horrible noise like the trucks or the under powered cars with stright thru exhausts but the Harley rumble is unbeatable.

The harleys exhaust is only really loud at full throttle and most Harleys around here are only pootling along so i find it ok.......maybe i didnt get enough attention as a child that liking/wanting a noisy harley is the only way i can feel like a man........jesus,gimme a break!!

I like fast bikes, fast cars, noisy powerful bikes, noisy high powered cars.....according to the experts here then my virilty is shot and im insecure and need attention.....lucky im in Pattaya then to get my fix .

I guess Harley owners like a bit of attention but its for the bike not the owner.......they spent so much money that it would be nice for someone to notice it!!!!

Lastly noisier bikes are safer on the Pattaya streets as the idiots racing around dangerously do give a wide berth and other road users do notice a loud bike when normally they are oblivious to other road users......its not an excuse for a loud exhaust but it sure is a bonus of having one.

Also to the moaners out there ... a bike passing you is a few seconds, you cant tell me you have never sat in a bar/disco that plays superloud music and that probably could cause ear damage!!

You claim the sound of a Harley is great, I say it is noise pollution. The trouble is that we don't have a choice when you start revving your engine...everyone must hear it. If you were 20 years old, I could understand it, but as an expat it's pretty obvious you have virility issues.

You my friend are wrong. I've been riding these streets for over 3 years and have never assaulted anyone yet...in fact I've never assaulted anyone out of road rage in my entire life.

The comments were made tongue in cheek to make a point.

how would anyone know the comments were tongue in cheek?