Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs?

actiondell4

A few "outlaw" motorcycle groups etc have clubs worldwide,does Thailand have "bikie " gangs.

The only ones i have seen are charity type bikie groups who still wear the leather jackets but seem to do charity work.oncern for Thai

i know several countries now having trouble with violence especially amongst each other.

Does Pattaya have trouble with any outlaw motorbike groups,is it a big concern for Thai Police?

There are many fights and deaths in Pattaya as a result in thai gangs,but they have small bikes.Most gangs are from out of town and come to cause trouble and many have guns.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :o

The huge majority, if not ALL of backpatch, or "colours" wearing bike clubs in Thailand get along very very well with each other. Absolutely no animosity, fights, feuds etc.

There is, to my knowledge, only one "Outlaw" ie. 1% MC in Thailand..... the Bandidos. There are a number of mainly Thai MC's here who also wear the 1% patch with their colours...... invariably they have no knowledge of what this patch means when asked...... and I do ask!

The Hells Angels have tried 3 times to gain a stronghold here and 3 times have left...... for what specific reasons I don't know but the word is the Police have a very good eye on biker gangs, know who is who and will act very quickly if any outlaw club tries to become established here.

The story goes that the Bandidos were able to gain a foothold here because their colours depict a cute lil Mexican in a huge sombrero and the thought was that anyone with such a nice backpatch couldn't be trouble....... maybe they didn't see he was carrying a gun!

The majority of Westerners in bike clubs here ride large capacity touring machines, usually Harley-Davidson, and are either employed in O&G on/off shore or are business owners here in Thailand. Those who are involved in the "many fights and deaths in Pattaya as a result but they have small bikes. Most gangs are from out of town and come to cause trouble and many have guns" are almost exclusively Thai teenagers and absolutely nothing to do with established patch wearing clubs.

The "big cruiser" biking phenomenon has taken root big style with Thais...... very many officials in Government and the Police are Harley riders and attend the myriad biking weekend events held all over this country...... my own H-D I purchased from Khun Suntaya and was able to keep the prestigious "Bangkok 1" reg number despite re-registering it in Chonburi!

Edited by AceCafe

Well Australia is passing law in the next few weeks,(Sydney)to ban bikie gangs,because of the amount of killings in Sydney in the last few weeks.Murder at Sydney Airport a few weeks ago etc

I know a lot of these groups,Hells Angels,Bandidos etc are in Western Countries,and Europe but didnt think Thailand.

I dont know how the thai mafia would accept them.or the thai authorities?

However i seem to recall at once stag e a lot of bikers riding with leather jackets(colors)a few years ago in pattaya,not sure .

Thanks for the info ACECAFE,you seem to have a interest in them.

I know a lot of these groups,Hells Angels,Bandidos etc are in Western Countries,and Europe but didnt think Thailand.

However i seem to recall at once stag e a lot of bikers riding with leather jackets(colors)a few years ago in pattaya,not sure .

Methinks you didn't quite get my post mate....... there are literally hundreds of backpatch/colours wearing bike clubs here in Thailand but there is zero trouble....... and a lot of the Thai authorities ride Harleys too!

Yes, you will see very many leather vests with colours in Pattaya.

Me? Yeah, I have an interest in 'em...... that's me on the far left!

post-66370-1239455418_thumb.jpg

Methinks you didn't quite get my post mate....... there are literally hundreds of backpatch/colours wearing bike clubs here in Thailand but there is zero trouble....... and a lot of the Thai authorities ride Harleys too!

Yes, you will see very many leather vests with colours in Pattaya.

Me? Yeah, I have an interest in 'em...... that's me on the far left!

see ya for a couple in a few weeks spicey

What is it with old men and Harleys in Pattaya :o

Probably the same as old men with Harleys the world over....... which may well be exactly the same as young men with Harleys, and even middle aged men with Harleys....... the world over!

You have a certain axe to grind? Don't tell me...... you're one of those guys with a huge SUV with town & country tyres which never see a puddle, sitting up there with your nose in the air and your trophy missus perched next to you, pushing out in front of all those lesser mortals on two wheels........

You see, we all have pet hates, and we all have a silent dislike of certain others of our species, but most of us live and let live, unless of course someone starts wittering.......

Well Australia is passing law in the next few weeks,(Sydney)to ban bikie gangs,because of the amount of killings in Sydney in the last few weeks.Murder at Sydney Airport a few weeks ago etc

It my understanding that the Banditos are running Koh Samui..........The End of the line for Bandidos Mafia Gang

DSI Officer, together with the Metropolitan Police and Por Por Sor team of Officers, made a thorough search and arrested a Mafia gang, who called themselves "Bandidos" on Samui Island and Pattaya.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000000701

Edited by waza

<deleted> - all ages and all nationalities are in bike clubs here - never a problem. All you need to be is at a bike week and you would see for yourself.

Only thing I see is bigoted people who don't like anybody being different!!!!

:o Bigoted people afraid of being different!

What is it with old men and Harleys in Pattaya :o

Probably the same as old men with Harleys the world over....... which may well be exactly the same as young men with Harleys, and even middle aged men with Harleys....... the world over!

You have a certain axe to grind? Don't tell me...... you're one of those guys with a huge SUV with town & country tyres which never see a puddle, sitting up there with your nose in the air and your trophy missus perched next to you, pushing out in front of all those lesser mortals on two wheels........

You see, we all have pet hates, and we all have a silent dislike of certain others of our species, but most of us live and let live, unless of course someone starts wittering.......

Not at all. No axe, no SUV. Not relevant but since you ask, I drive a sedan when I must, but usually take my small Honda Airblade as it's quick to zip around town on. No, just wondered why the need for a big bulky noisy expensive motorbike which won't provide you any of the advantages of a car (security, aircon) or of a small bike (easy to zip through traffic, fuel efficient). Why so defensive? Did I hit a nerve?

Not at all. No axe, no SUV. Not relevant but since you ask, I drive a sedan when I must, but usually take my small Honda Airblade as it's quick to zip around town on. No, just wondered why the need for a big bulky noisy expensive motorbike which won't provide you any of the advantages of a car (security, aircon) or of a small bike (easy to zip through traffic, fuel efficient). Why so defensive? Did I hit a nerve?

Bikes are not about security aircon fuel efficiency. It's more to do with enjoyment

3198_68454807044_733412044_2129871_565676_n.jpg

No, didn't hit a nerve as such but I just get tired of it, thats all. We all make lifestyle choices but so many people seem to look down their noses, or come up with really un-funny comments if you purchace an American touring motorcycle, that's all. That's why I came up with the SUV thing, coz it's usually these types who seem to be affroted by us!!

Me? I bought mine because the Triumph Rocket III Touring wasn't born then and I don't like Honda Goldwings any more (having owned 2 in the UK).... the Harley is the best thing for comfort when I tour Thailand, and as I do about 15,000kms per year here I'd rather do it in supreme comfort now my middle aged bones don't like screaming around on a sports bike any more...... plus I'm sure as I've gotten older my reflexes have deteriorated somewhat so it only makes sense to use a tourer as opposed to a sports bike.

Round town? Never use the Harley round town. I nick the missus Honda Wave or use the cafe's Platinum step-thru.

But...... would I prefer the security and air-con of a car when doing the Chiang Mai-Tak-Mae Sot-Mae Sariang-Mae Hong Son-Pai-Chiang Mai loop......... absolutely no way!

post-66370-1239521729_thumb.jpg

No, didn't hit a nerve as such but I just get tired of it, thats all. We all make lifestyle choices but so many people seem to look down their noses, or come up with really un-funny comments if you purchace an American touring motorcycle, that's all. That's why I came up with the SUV thing, coz it's usually these types who seem to be affroted by us!!

Me? I bought mine because the Triumph Rocket III Touring wasn't born then and I don't like Honda Goldwings any more (having owned 2 in the UK).... the Harley is the best thing for comfort when I tour Thailand, and as I do about 15,000kms per year here I'd rather do it in supreme comfort now my middle aged bones don't like screaming around on a sports bike any more...... plus I'm sure as I've gotten older my reflexes have deteriorated somewhat so it only makes sense to use a tourer as opposed to a sports bike.

Round town? Never use the Harley round town. I nick the missus Honda Wave or use the cafe's Platinum step-thru.

But...... would I prefer the security and air-con of a car when doing the Chiang Mai-Tak-Mae Sot-Mae Sariang-Mae Hong Son-Pai-Chiang Mai loop......... absolutely no way!

I understand your frustration regarding the American Touring motorcycle stigma that you refer to, like you im also from the UK and been a biker for over 20 years, both there, and now here. The problem amongst the bikers over in the UK and the general population of car drivers is that bikers tend to either love or loathe Harleys and car drivers just don't like the Harley owners clubs and so called gangs that seem to ride in convoys causing a giant mobile obsticle and generate high noise pollution.

My feelings as a biker are that there are so many alternatives to ride instead of a Harley as you have mentioned the Triumph then theres Norton, Moto Guzzi, BMW,etc,etc.

Why a Harley? with all that weight and inferior handling to European bikes, and then all that noise that comes with guttless performance give the Harley owners a reputation that they put the pose value above the biking value otherwise they would buy and ride a proper bike as mentioned before. Remember that Harleys were designed by the Americans for their use on their long straight highways without much need to steer round corners, not for the swisty UK/Euro roads.Thailand's roads would best suited to sport cruisers like BMW Triumph Honda Africa Twin etc.

So unfortunately for you Ace, when you became a Harley owner you automatically fell in to that stigma im afraid, but you allways have that option to trade it in a get yourself that Triumph mate! :o

Hardlys have a brilliant sales department, they sell a 'lifestyle" gives people a chance in later life to do what they were unable to do in their younger years.

But, they are offensively noisy, not a particularly pleasant noise either, unlike an F1 car revving to 18k, I find the Hardly noise equally offensive as the trucks running around town, spewing shit and noise! :o

And the bike club colors - whats that all about? knowingly dressing in clothes that people invariably associate with bad ass bikers, why don't you all wear a nice blazer, with - if you must your club mottiff on the breast pocket! a nice cravet instead of a bandanna, then people would take you seriously! :D

bandidos mc are the only big international club in thailand ,mad dogs mc would be one of the big international asian clubs there too.they have chapters in most asian countries ,they are known as a supporter club of the hells angels....hells angels have been trying to get in for a while ..maybe they will some time through some supporter club or something like that ...i see a new club -house of pain mc ...this is the hells angels newest supporter club there started up by a mad dog mc member ..they use red n white colours too..

there used to be alot of fighting years ago between all the different clubs in thailand but now they all party together,,jumeen the president of burapa mc thailand put a stop to all the fighting ...he got all the clubs together and sorted it out ...now they all ride for peace...this is the motto used for most of the big bike weeks "ride for peace" make love no war party.........

thailand bike weeks are very enjoyable..great music ,entertainment etc ..thailand has some of the best custom bikes to be seen any where in the world....

bandidos are growing in popularity in thailand with many chapters throughout the country...i know some of these guys and they are sound,nice dudes...there is hundreds of clubs in thailand now ..they all wear back patches...every one parties together and that is a good thing....

most of the bigger clubs have their own club houses ,where they hold meetings and invite friends over for parties...these clubs do some great work for charities..the jesters mc thailand have generated millions of baht for charities over the years..

dont judge these bikers when you see them ...get to know them first before you make assumptions about them because there is some really sound people involved in these clubs....like any social scene in society ,there will always be some <deleted> involved,,but thats life i suppose.........and to all those people knocking harleys ..go for a ride on one first and come back and tell me you diddent enjoy yourself...i rode sports bikes for years fireblades,r1s,gsxrr,zxrs..then one day a friend of mine gave me his custom harley for a spin ...i came back hooked,,,its a different buzz than from a sports bike..feet forward, arms wide and believe me they can move fast to when youn want too.....its not what you ride its the brotherhood of friendship thats important........

Edited by barrybike

bandidos mc are the only big international club in thailand ,mad dogs mc would be one of the big international asian clubs there too.they have chapters in most asian countries ,they are known as a supporter club of the hells angels....hells angels have been trying to get in for a while ..maybe they will some time through some supporter club or something like that ...i see a new club -house of pain mc ...this is the hells angels newest supporter club there started up by a mad dog mc member ..they use red n white colours too..

there used to be alot of fighting years ago between all the different clubs in thailand but now they all party together,,jumeen the president of burapa mc thailand put a stop to all the fighting ...he got all the clubs together and sorted it out ...now they all ride for peace...this is the motto used for most of the big bike weeks "ride for peace" make love no war party.........

thailand bike weeks are very enjoyable..great music ,entertainment etc ..thailand has some of the best custom bikes to be seen any where in the world....

bandidos are growing in popularity in thailand with many chapters throughout the country...i know some of these guys and they are sound,nice dudes...there is hundreds of clubs in thailand now ..they all wear back patches...every one parties together and that is a good thing....

most of the bigger clubs have their own club houses ,where they hold meetings and invite friends over for parties...these clubs do some great work for charities..the jesters mc thailand have generated millions of baht for charities over the years..

dont judge these bikers when you see them ...get to know them first before you make assumptions about them because there is some really sound people involved in these clubs....like any social scene in society ,there will always be some <deleted> involved,,but thats life i suppose.........and to all those people knocking harleys ..go for a ride on one first and come back and tell me you diddent enjoy yourself...i rode sports bikes for years fireblades,r1s,gsxrr,zxrs..then one day a friend of mine gave me his custom harley for a spin ...i came back hooked,,,its a different buzz than from a sports bike..feet forward, arms wide and believe me they can move fast to when youn want too.....its not what you ride its the brotherhood of friendship thats important........

Hear Hear. :o

Hardlys have a brilliant sales department, they sell a 'lifestyle" gives people a chance in later life to do what they were unable to do in their younger years.

But, they are offensively noisy, not a particularly pleasant noise either, unlike an F1 car revving to 18k, I find the Hardly noise equally offensive as the trucks running around town, spewing shit and noise! :o

agree with that! Can't you guys get a decent muffler??

And the bike club colors - whats that all about? knowingly dressing in clothes that people invariably associate with bad ass bikers, why don't you all wear a nice blazer, with - if you must your club mottiff on the breast pocket! a nice cravet instead of a bandanna, then people would take you seriously! :D

:D :D :D:wai::P :jerk: :burp:

.....and to all those people knocking harleys ..go for a ride on one first and come back and tell me you diddent enjoy yourself...i rode sports bikes for years fireblades,r1s,gsxrr,zxrs..then one day a friend of mine gave me his custom harley for a spin ...i came back hooked,,,its a different buzz than from a sports bike..feet forward, arms wide and believe me they can move fast to when youn want too.....its not what you ride its the brotherhood of friendship thats important........

A friend of mine rides a harley back in the UK, a softail model if i remember correctly, he let me have a spin one sunny afternoon in the country lanes around Hertfordshire, my verdict was, too heavy,very bad cornering ability and way too noisy for the performance it offered back.

Harleys are pretty much all about looks for me and thats about it im afraid, give me a Triumph, Norton, Guzzi, Bmw, anyday!