Swimming Pools In Cm -- Indoor, Covered Or Shaded

Lami

There's some good information in other threads about pools open to the public, but I'd like to know specifically about the location of any indoor/covered pools, or pools which receive some shade, in Chiang Mai.

Perhaps there are public pools, or pools in hotels or resorts which meet this criterion -- and which, possibly, are not so crowded as to prevent swimming rather than just dipping and splashing?

Please post whatever detail you can about such pools -- opening times, size of pool, best time to visit and so on.

With thanks.

(Yes, I have noticed the rain is pouring down right now, thanks, too :o ).

Storm Damage

Nong Hoi:

Power out until 16:40

Many tree branches down on side roads and a big branch in our garden

Roof blown off the swimming pool at Varee SchoolMotorcycle parking area at Asia Technical College destroyed

Has anyone been on the Saraphee Road? I'd be surprised if all those trees stood up to the gusts.

Apparently the one at Varee was!

The pools (one very shallow for children and one full sized) at Chiang Mai Lands have some shade material stretched over them and the trees along the side cast the pools onto shade for the latter part of the afternoon. That is the best I know of. Any others?

The pools (one very shallow for children and one full sized) at Chiang Mai Lands have some shade material stretched over them and the trees along the side cast the pools onto shade for the latter part of the afternoon. That is the best I know of. Any others?

Thanks, Jim :o .

Yeah -- any others?

P.S. Outdoor pools open in the early evening might also fit the bill.

Edited by Lami

There's a covered outdoor pool in a moobahn out on the ring road near Big C Hang Dong.

Coming from town , turn left at Big C and it is on the opposite side of the road about 1/2km ?? down the road.

Sorry can't remember name of moobahn.

Only problem is its on direct flight path; but that could be the reason they put the roof on!

Thanks very much for your replies, all.

I should have mentioned that the PPU (Potential Pool User) will mostly be relying on public transport, so while distance is not a great problem, the pool should be on the regular songthaew trails.

Can songthaews drive into the CMU campus? Would the songthaew drivers know where the pool is?

Now that I think about it, there is a covered pool inside the moobaan just past Ruam Chok Market on the same side of the road.

Could I send someone off to hail a songthaew with the above written on a note pinned to their coat, somewhat in the manner of Paddington Bear?

:o Thanks, and keep replies coming :D . Much appreciated.

Now that I think about it, there is a covered pool inside the moobaan just past Ruam Chok Market on the same side of the road.

If you are referring to Mubaan Tanawan, the pool is not covered, but about 8 miles further up the Mae Jo road, there is a covered pool at the Land and House Muubaan...

I think you will find that the Tannawan pool has a half roof over it, so that half of the pool is in the shade and half is not. It is not too far a walk from the main road either. If you need the address, you should be able to find it in the Chiang Mai Mail, as they have their office around there.

Yes, the pool in Moobaan Tanawan would fit your needs. It is easy to get to with public transportation (Green Songthaew). The pool is partially covered and there are tall buildings around it which means that most of the pool is shaded all day long. The pool is called "Jia Jia Sport Club" and you can see their website HERE..

Since the pool is covered most of the day, it can be very cold - especially in the winter season.

Also, Ajarn mentioned that the Land and Houses pool is covered. I have swam there several times. It is not covered but it does have trees around it. (I'm referring to the L&H project on Mae Jo Road. I don't know about the other locations).

Another note: Mickmac said that the Tanawan pool is near the Chiang Mai Mail. It is not. Chiang Mai Mail moved location about 4 months ago. They are now on the Ring Road, not Moobaan Tanawan.

Edited by earlofwindermere

If you are referring to Mubaan Tanawan, the pool is not covered, but about 8 miles further up the Mae Jo road, there is a covered pool at the Land and House Muubaan...

Yes Tanawan. I could not remember the name of the moobaan. Thanks for that Ajarn. You are right. It is partially covered.

Edited by elektrified

Yes Tanawan. I could not remember the name of the moobaan. Thanks for that Ajarn. You are right. It is partially covered.

Boy, I messed that one up :o

Muubaan Tanawan, partially covered

Muubaan Land and House, not covered at all :D

But anyway, this is my place to swim (sorry, it is private)

frontyard.jpg

Edited by Ajarn