Teaching In Bangkok Or Other Provinces

Hi to you all!!

Well this is my first post and I need some good advice. Ive just finshed a TEFL certificate and I am planning to return to Thailand around June time. However I have never taught English before and I have no teaching experience what so ever. So would it be better for me to start teaching in the northern provinces first to gain some experience or teach in Bangkok straight away? Or should I teach for a year in China first to gain some experience and then come to Thailand after?

What do you think? Good advice needed. Thanks

I think you should ask yourself where you want to teach. Do you like the city or the country? Both have advantages/disadvantages but if it was me I would prefer to teach in the city purely because there are more amenities. Yes, Bangkok will be more competitive but if you're good, I see no reason why you couldn't be successful.

As for teaching in another country prior to your arrival in Thailand, I would side with Stephen on this, and say that do you want to do two 'first' years in different countries? If Thailand is where you want to be, start in Thailand and gain your experience in this country.

Hmm.. Well look at Ajaan.com first... to get a feel for the areas and schools.... Your experience level.. well, native speakers are in demand.. and if you show any type of professionalism that will help. Having taught in China.. naggg. Start in Thailand.

Stay away for the language schools .. EF, BCC, that type of stuff.. Get out of BKK.. go up country.. Cheing Mai. would be a good start.. the northeast..

Prepare and ACCEPT the 50 kid class.... in the govt schoo system.. Oh.. BCC Bangkok Chrisitian College would be an adventure of spoiled Thai kids.

go do and good luck