State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F***

What is happening with you Thai's!

Lots of protests but no one putting forward answers.

You live a democracy, you make your bed you lie in it!

In the mean time you can work on changes!

Maybe I have lived in a world of stability born in the UK and moving to Oz in 1990 when I was 28.

I see good and bad in Taksin, he was certainly a shrewd leader.

What do you want?

The Yellow shirts to appoint their own leader for Thailand?

Or the red shirts to appoint Taksin as their leader for Thailand?

Yes that would be a dictatorship!

Let’s see some answers here!

Turn on Channel 3 if you want some answers. Thai drama is still on. (Slapping & yelling and loasd of cute chicks) Apart from a few idiots who are paid to cause trouble the majority still doesn't give a shit what's going on. It's the minority and the rest of thais are still lovely smiling people who like to live in peace.

Funny. From your pic, your wife does not look like an Isaan person.

Is she? Isn't she? If she was, would she still be Thai? If she wasn't, why differentiate between Isaan and Thai?

Your mentality demonstrates exactly why Thailand is in the situation it is in right now. Racial divide.

Putting the poor Isaan people that are the foundation of Thailand 10 steps lower than the high class and elite in Bangkok.

And on top, many of the red shirts are from Bangkok, not from Isaan.

But, aren't you ashamed of being a racist? I'll tell you: Shame on you.

i agree 100% with rainman on this, please DO NOT INCITE A RACIAL DIVIDE! This is thailand and all are thais except us...

The enemy will be dealt with.

Funny that Abhisit said that anyone who occupies state property and inconveniences the public is an enemy of the state and will be prosecuted. So how come several PAD leaders are now holding high government positions and were never prosecuted for occupying the government building for months and the airports for a week? The red shirts haven't even entered the government house yet.

Foreign minister Kasit is one of the main PAD leaders.

Cases are in the courts.

You call for action against the PAD, but condone the more aggressive actions of the Reds. Just because rule of law wasn't upheld by a previous government does not mean it should not be upheld now. Since you obviously disagree, we have nothing more to discuss.

Policemen have been putting on red shirts and joining the demonstrations.

Which perhaps explains their lack of action, down in Pattaya, as events unfolded ? But aren't the police & military supposed to be in real control, with Abhisit just their puppet, something doesn't add up with that theory.

If Abhisit opens fire on civilians, he's gone. He's gone anyways, just faster that way.

Civilians? Civilians don't break up international summits, civilians don't steal APC's, civilians don't cut off passage ways to hospitals. civilians don't take over roads and highways, civilians don't try to kill heads of countries, civilians don't run amok etc. With an SOE, these are no longer civilians. The enemy will be dealt with.

Perhaps by "civilians" Rainman really means the International Terrorists, currently running round wearing Red Shirts, and carrying pictures of their still-absent hero Thaksin ? :o

Or maybe Mr Newin?

3432480984_92ef69da4f.jpg

Mr. Newin in Pattaya, yesterday, directing the efforts of the blue shirts.

khun Newin, thaksin's ex-righthand, is a protest strategist of thaksin and now the democrats. i don't blame him doing the same thing as he did for thaksin's 'red' as this is all he is capable of. whether you lke it or not, K. Newin will help the Dems no matter what.

Right now everyone is afraid of ghosts. I was expecting things to be quiet today, but both sides seem intent on doing eachother as much harm as possible.

So far the worst that happened is more then 100 dead in Songkran traffic accidents. Of course, if your a leader on either side of the power struggle that is of no consequence.

Red shirts are no longer civilians

A very dangerous way of seeing things. If you think some demonstrators breaking a few windows is bad for tourism, its nothing compared to BBC/CNN/SKY/AJ etc etc showing live pictures of dead protesters. Good TV, bad PR.

Why are people on this forum telling farangs to "mind their own business"

We live here, we have children here, we are residents, we even invented their parliamentary system, educated them etc

I'm sick of this Thai for Thai crap!

F***

Maybe I have lived in a world of stability born in the UK and moving to Oz in 1990 when I was 28.

What do you want?

Let's see some answers here!

Turn on Channel 3 if you want some answers. Thai drama is still on. (Slapping & yelling and loasd of cute chicks) Apart from a few idiots who are paid to cause trouble the majority still doesn't give a shit what's going on. It's the minority and the rest of thais are still lovely smiling people who like to live in peace.

I think there is a lot more under the surface in Thai society that does not fall inot the 'live in peace' category otherwise we would not be witnessing so many angry people right now. What did they just forget to smile today or maybe they have been harbouring a lot of resentment for years and now it's bubbling over?

Abhisit? great leader and planner? - Yes

Kasit? mental age of what? 50, but with a hot temper that gets in into trouble. Many of us can relate, I'm sure.

Suthep? Any other cabinet member you can admire? I admire Khun Korn quite a lot. Minister of the Treasury.

Or maybe Mr Newin? Maybe Newin what? That is an incomplete thought.

And then let's see:

The current government's standards:

Do you agree with only 30% of the government being elected and 70% being appointed by the poewers that be? That is not a Democrat plan. That was a PAD plan. The PM does not agree with it, and has said so repeatedly.

Do you agree with taking no action against the discgusting activiites of last year? PAD... Im pretty sure 19 of them were in the Police Station less than 2 weeks ago, to hear charges brought against them by the Attorney General.

Do you agree with so much power being in the hands of a few in BKK and those in the countryside being considered sub-human? No, and Im pretty sure that most don' t feel that way. If you've ever heard any of the current government ministers mention that, please enlighten us.

Do you condone the continued cover ups and lies from the army over Cambodia and Rohingya? No, I don't. This is the army covering its ass, and one of the major problems in Thailand. However, the PM had a good point on Hard Talk this week. He asked for the international media to provide him with documentation concering their allegations and the didn't, or couldn't. I'd like to know more about that.

If you support and agree with any of the above, come out and say it! Otherwise, stop droning on with sad old petty jokes about Thaksin and stop making personal attacks on people here for their beliefs (which, by the way are far more admirable than just following the easy poke-fun route so many of you do).

There are a lot of constructive members on here but form what I see the ones that continually make derogatory remarks are the sad old establishment buffoons...

I"ve answered your questions. DO I get my EdwardMoulton Certified Membership Card now? Am I allowed to post on TV, with your permission? I wait your answer, most humbly... :o

Well, answer the questions above before you pick apart anyone else's posts and argue semantics... Done

My answers in red.

Perhaps by "civilians" Rainman really means the International Terrorists

International terrorists? What exactly makes them international, if at all terrorist? :o

Another one who didn't pay attention in geography class.

'international' was for sure a stretch... but I do wonder about those that must cover their faces in order to prevent identification. If their actions are so worthy and in the best interest of their cause... show their face! And sure you can bloviate about how it is necessary to wear a mask in the streets of Thailand.

Why are people on this forum telling farangs to "mind their own business"

We live here, we have children here, we are residents, we even invented their parliamentary system, educated them etc

I'm sick of this Thai for Thai crap!

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one.

My pet hate is to be told we are visitors and we should be grateful...

1. I am not a visitor - I work here, have a family here, own property here, pay staff and pay tax

2. I would only be grateful if someone was paying for me but strangely enough I pay for myself

I would love for someone to explain this one to me some day!

K. Newin will help the Dems no matter what.

Until Abhisit's boat sinks, then he will jump ship and wait for Thaksin's boat to come by and be rescued. Then he will hump Thaksin's leg again like a horny dog.

He might have to move you out of the way first.

Perhaps by "civilians" Rainman really means the International Terrorists

International terrorists? What exactly makes them international, if at all terrorist? :D

Another one who didn't pay attention in geography class.

'international' was for sure a stretch... but I do wonder about those that must cover their faces in order to prevent identification. If their actions are so worthy and in the best interest of their cause... show their face! And sure you can bloviate about how it is necessary to wear a mask in the streets of Thailand.

Well they did cause an international incedent by forcing the Leaders of ASEAN, plus a few other invited countries leaders to flee Thailand :o

Policemen have been putting on red shirts and joining the demonstrations.

Which perhaps explains their lack of action, down in Pattaya, as events unfolded ? But aren't the police & military supposed to be in real control, with Abhisit just their puppet, something doesn't add up with that theory.

If Abhisit opens fire on civilians, he's gone. He's gone anyways, just faster that way.

Civilians? Civilians don't break up international summits, civilians don't steal APC's, civilians don't cut off passage ways to hospitals. civilians don't take over roads and highways, civilians don't try to kill heads of countries, civilians don't run amok etc. With an SOE, these are no longer civilians. The enemy will be dealt with.

Perhaps by "civilians" Rainman really means the International Terrorists, currently running round wearing Red Shirts, and carrying pictures of their still-absent hero Thaksin ? :o

The most obvious thing is that the politicisation, patronage and corruption within these two organisations (police and army) means that they work almost exclusively for their own benefit as opposed to serving the country. The politicisation of the army and police is a massive contributing factor to their inability to follow simple orders and has been exploited ad nauseum in Thailand. This can be extended to other civil service groups who can be bought at a whim and are willing to sell their loyalty as long as a benefit accrues.

The entire system is so riddled with minor and massive corruption, we all sit and hope that the situation today will be resolved and be finished sometime in the not to distant future. It will repeat itself over and over again until public servants in Thailand learn to give of themselves freely to the country, instead of using their position to squeeze every last penny out of their position.

My answers in red.

Don't you just hate folks who insert in red remarks. Just makes very difficult to read. Can't you just extract/cut/paste the parts you want to answer, item by item. Just a suggestion.... :D Makes for a better read.

Sorry Sir! I'll be more careful in the future Sir! :o:D

F***

What do you want?

Let's see some answers here!

I think there is a lot more under the surface in Thai society that does not fall inot the 'live in peace' category otherwise we would not be witnessing so many angry people right now. What did they just forget to smile today or maybe they have been harbouring a lot of resentment for years and now it's bubbling over?

yes, but please admit that the "bubbling over" happens to a few of the 60 million we live together with. The majority is sick of what happens to then since 2006 and just want to be left alone. Living here since seven years taught me that Thais are (when it comes down to the basics) truly peaceful people. The ones causing the trouble are not representative and the one who are are (typically asian) to grieng djai to rasie their voices to make this all end.

yes, but please admit that the "bubbling over" happens to a few of the 60 million we live together with. The majority is sick of what happens to then since 2006 and just want to be left alone. Living here since seven years taught me that Thais are (when it comes down to the basics) truly peaceful people. The ones causing the trouble are not representative and the one who are are (typically asian) to grieng djai to rasie their voices to make this all end.

Agreed.