State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Army to deploy 56 companies of soldiers to help police

The Army, Navy and Air Force will deploy 56 companies of soldiers to help police protect key government offices in the provinces, which are under the state of emergency.

The Nation

what is surreal, they should not help the police they should act under the emergency law. They are allowed to act on their own under the emergency law.

The poster ealier said

Reds want to Kill Anhisit.

This is not true. And this is why the ongoing debate has been happening.

The OP of that comment has since corrected their mistake, and said that it was wrong, and nobody said they wanted to kill the PM.

The red leadership did tell their minions to assault Abhisit, however. What is your reaction to that LH? Inquiring minds want to know.

I do not condone any violence. But I also do not condone people posting false statements. But as was said, the OP of that post has retracted the incorrect statement, so all is ok in that respect.

So the Coup in 2006 was "treason".

The Yellows were "treasonous".

Now you are getting to the root of the problem. The coup in 2006 was a treasonous act.

Yes a coup is treason

After the coup TRT was elected (or did you forget that fact?) so their was an elected government.

The yellows never openly said to harm anyone, therefore their actions are still in the civil disobedience category.

The Thaksin IV goverment stepped down after the TRT was dissolved (again). Enough MP's abandoned the TRT so that the dem's could form a majority coalition within the properly elected government.

To sum it all up:

coup + surayad governemt = illegal

Thaksin III + Thaksin IV + Abhisit I goverments = legal

Red shirts are calling to harm the legal head of state of thailand = Treason = Illegal

This is about something far bigger than Thaksins money.

If you really have not worked that out, then you really should not be commenting on the situation.

I see you are another new user name just signed up today, looks like lots of muzzled and banned posters are eager to get back on here and start telling lies all over again, not saying you are one of them, just commenting on your recent sign up.

Interestingly, if you look back through the threads you'll see that it's mainly Thaksin supporters who get banned. What happens is they start demanding facts, and when facts are given they change to another angle, and another, until eventually they come back to the original one again. Then they start ranting, and writing in capitals. Next they begin commenting that anyone who disagrees with them is a lier and an idiot, and shouldn't be on the forum. Sooner or later they break the rules and thus endeth that incarnation.

Back on topic, as I posted in another thread, we aint seen nothing yet. The scenario I think will happen is that sooner or later the men really in charge of the country will send in the big boys, BPP and elite troops, and they won't be pussyfooting about. The rent-a-mob survivors will flee, the militant reds will fight it out with no hope of winning and will eventually either be killed, also flee, or last long enough till the proclamation is made that an appointed PM will take charge, and the country allowed to settle down for a few years before elections are held. All this madness and potential bloodshed and we'll be back to where we were over a decade ago. The mystery is what will happen to Thaksin. Traditionally, all sides are pardoned and sent on their way, but he has broke with tradition, and remains an enigma. They may give him a pardon and let him into the country, but I don't think they will allow him back into politics, he remains too divisive, and potentially dangerous to them. My reaction would be to strip him of every asset, rank and title, along with his citizenship, and make him apply for a visa along with all the other Nicaraguan passport holders should he ever wish to come back - making sure he didn't overstay. And lock him up for two years should he be rude to the immigration official who only gives him 30 days on arrival.

Ok, i didn't see the words "Kill him" used by red leaders.

Was it "get him", "catch him"? I don't remember, it was on Nation's breaking news.

As if it makes any difference - it's treason either way.

And for anyone who's seen reds attacking his car and the dirver - "kill him" sounds like a proper description of their intentions. It was a lynch mob, no two ways to look at it, and you don't deal with it by holding elections - there must be respect for the law first and reds publicly abandoned it today. In fact I remember Nattawut reportedly telling them that they don't recognise the law in this coutrny anymore.

Thats better.

Its very wrong to accuse the Reds of saying they will kill him when they did no such thing.

They knew the car was empty, its said they smashed it up to retaliate against the force used on them.

So as they knew he was not in the car, how can there be any intent to "harm" someone who was not in it?

Again, Levelhead....you say "they" knew the cars was empty....name your sources!

Kill or no kill - it's treason and LH has been arguing semantics.

I wonder where are the arguments that Abhisit is the army puppet?

They usually come from the same people who now claim that he is powerless. I wonder where did that army go that was supposed to control him and rescue him and prop his regime up. Very strange relationship indeed, maybe the whole allegation is wrong from the start.

I can confirm that LH's recital of AJE's reporting is accurate.

Thank you.

I do not lie.

Asking my wife...She told ASTV brought it also days ago, so it seems all sides agree on that.

So the Coup in 2006 was "treason".

The Yellows were "treasonous".

Now you are getting to the root of the problem. The coup in 2006 was a treasonous act.

Yes a coup is treason

After the coup TRT was elected (or did you forget that fact?) so their was an elected government.

The yellows never openly said to harm anyone, therefore their actions are still in the civil disobedience category.

The Thaksin IV goverment stepped down after the TRT was dissolved (again). Enough MP's abandoned the TRT so that the dem's could form a majority coalition within the properly elected government.

To sum it all up:

coup + surayad governemt = illegal

Thaksin III + Thaksin IV + Abhisit I goverments = legal

Red shirts are calling to harm the legal head of state of thailand = Treason = Illegal

Makes sense to me.

If you didn't got it yet....At the moment Thaksin tries to stage a coup.

You won't see ee-chalerm, you will see worse, you will see his squareness Thaksin (titel not sure, PM, President, dear leader, Dalai Lama of Thailand?)

This is about something far bigger than Thaksins money.

If you really have not worked that out, then you really should not be commenting on the situation.

I see you are another new user name just signed up today, looks like lots of muzzled and banned posters are eager to get back on here and start telling lies all over again, not saying you are one of them, just commenting on your recent sign up.

Interestingly, if you look back through the threads you'll see that it's mainly Thaksin supporters who get banned. What happens is they start demanding facts, and when facts are given they change to another angle, and another, until eventually they come back to the original one again. Then they start ranting, and writing in capitals. Next they begin commenting that anyone who disagrees with them is a lier and an idiot, and shouldn't be on the forum. Sooner or later they break the rules and thus endeth that incarnation.

Back on topic, as I posted in another thread, we aint seen nothing yet. The scenario I think will happen is that sooner or later the men really in charge of the country will send in the big boys, BPP and elite troops, and they won't be pussyfooting about. The rent-a-mob survivors will flee, the militant reds will fight it out with no hope of winning and will eventually either be killed, also flee, or last long enough till the proclamation is made that an appointed PM will take charge, and the country allowed to settle down for a few years before elections are held. All this madness and potential bloodshed and we'll be back to where we were over a decade ago. The mystery is what will happen to Thaksin. Traditionally, all sides are pardoned and sent on their way, but he has broke with tradition, and remains an enigma. They may give him a pardon and let him into the country, but I don't think they will allow him back into politics, he remains too divisive, and potentially dangerous to them. My reaction would be to strip him of every asset, rank and title, along with his citizenship, and make him apply for a visa along with all the other Nicaraguan passport holders should he ever wish to come back - making sure he didn't overstay. And lock him up for two years should he be rude to the immigration official who only gives him 30 days on arrival.

It all boils down to who presently has the power. Whose side are the BPP and Elite troops on? Will the other toops attack the attacking troops?

The normal thing to happen is that every party sends out their people, to ensure the other does not make the first move.

This is why so many "army divisions" are now out on the streets.

Why do you think nearly all countries have 1 Army, but Thailand has many Armies ?

Don't tell me you didn't know Thailand has more than just one single united Army........................

The power could swing tonight, everything is in the balance.

You won't see ee-chalerm, you will see worse, you will see his squareness Thaksin (titel not sure, PM, President, dear leader, Dalai Lama of Thailand?)

I vote for "Dear Leader" Mao, Kim Il Jung, Kim Jung Il, Thaksin has such a nice ring to it :o

Maybe we all disagree and argue.... but all care for Thailand and that's why we post here so passionately.... so well done all!

Group hug!

Goodnight

Good idea.

I am going for a group beer now and a nice sleep. Have a good one and catch you all in the morning.

I finally watched the BBC news. I was disgusted by the behavior I saw. I saw red shirted individuals venting anger and violent aggression toward, what appeared to be, the car of The Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand. There was also a male with a shaved head, and orange robe depicting the appearance of a Buddhist monk, punching, kicking and also showing extreme aggression. These sights appalled me. I believe all Thai people will be branded as violent, aggressive, destructive, and lawless people who have no regard for civility or the position of their own Prime minister. There appeared absolutely no respect for this office or status. Another disgusting sight was how Thai police – dressing the part – i.e. crash helmets, shields, batons, merely stood idly by and watched these individuals. What do police in the Kingdom of Thailand do? Are there any laws which might be enforced? I dare not ask if there are any consequences for mis-behavior. I think I already know that answer. I feel sorry for the decent, law abiding, moral Thai people who will bear the scars of contempt by the “free world” as a result of their countrymen and the establishment(s) which are apparently self serving. I also feel sorry for all the devout Buddhists whose religion might be regarded differently as a result of seeing a monk display such behavior. Shame.

I have just heard about the SOE in Bangkok. I live in Samat Prakarn with is also included. What exactly is State of Emergency? What should I not do? I have just walked down the street and had dinner at one of the many restaurants here. I read that groups of 5 or more are forbidden, how does that work? The restaurants had many guests? Is there some sort of curfew, not allowing us to go out later at night? I find no details as to what SOE exactly is.

The current government is illegitimate.

The PAD LOST the last election.

Do they think they can ride rough shod over democracy and expect the voices of the people to be silent?

There will be blood............................

Just to give you a quick education:

* PAD isn't a political party and didn't contest the last election.

* All current members of parliament were democratically elected.

* The current government is comprised of elected representatives who have formed a coalition and therefore is legitimate.

Suggest you do a bit of reading about the Thai system of government. You're right about the blood though. At least you'll be right if anyone in the Thai army has the balls to pull the trigger before handing over an APC to an angry mob. Which I'm beginning to doubt.

i do hope that Thaksin does not get back into power for the sake of my british friends, anyone catch his threat when they revoked his passport and forced him to resign his football club?

i think it went something like this:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers''

ok i admit that was Ezekiel 25:17 and thakisin could not quote it if his life depended on it but you get the ghist of it

he certainly threatened serious retribution for his treatment by the british government.

god only knows how difficult it will be for you boys to get a visa then.......

LH & Rainman

Do you really want to see ee-Chalerm as PM?

Have you ever seen me mention the name Chalerm before? :o

One last one before my beer/s.

Never seen me mention him either. Why do these people bring up someone who has said he does not want to do it?

How about Suthep as PM for the Democrats, or Kasit as PM?

How do yooooooooooooooooooooooooou feel ?

LOL.

See you in the morning.

Apart from all the guessing I believe that time has come where all Thais & faraanghave to send a clear signal that we are not yellow or red or whatsoever. I met Abhisit two weeks ago and despite his failure in Pattaya he's really the humble person he is when appearing in public. No matter which party he's in he really tries to unite Thais and the purpose of all his actions is to bring this country back to a normal state.

My understanding is that the situation by now seems to be beyond repair but at least in the area I call my home I'm still able to convince people not to join the idiocracy taking place right now and I believe that this is what all of us (Thais & foreigners who love this still wonderful country) can do to bring this to a better end.

I really do not understand all the rambling here and I'm quite sure that false accusations (to what side ever) do any good. Have a beer, talk to your friends and convince as many as you can that whoever is in charge, violence as we've seen it today is to answer and will never be for the good.

I hope that my singha will always be at least that cchilled than the minds who decide about the future of this wonderful piece of land.

Love shuni