State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

Conclusion: the yellows can stay in Government House 3 months and stayed in 2 airports 8 days when State of Emergency was announced. The reds cannot protest on the street.

It's called oppression of the poor.

We've seen what happened to the governments around the world that tried it in the past.

when you say ''we've seen what happened? ''

what does that mean?

you and the missis?

and if so where was it you saw it ?

no offebce inteneded but if you two are the persons in the avatar you both look too squeeky clean to have seen anything that one could conceivably refer to as poor or oppressive

you look like you would be more at home in the shangri la than the shanghai shithole

I think you're confusing something. With 'we've seen what happened to the governments' I meant during the course of history. I didn't mean actually being there. And yes, I do look squeeky clean, thank you, but I still believe that everyone should have the same right, be treated equally and have the same opportunity, no matter what his skin color, his ethnicity or his education.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supreme commander chairs urgent meeting of armed forces and security agencies

Supreme Commander Songkitti Chakkrabat calls a meeting of all forces and national security agencies at 14.00 at the Thai Army Headquarters to discuss about the situation.

This was after Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva had assigned the emergency-tackling command to be in charge of Bangkok and five vicinity provinces, which are under the Emergency Law. The order emphasized prohibition of all road ball road blockage.

- THE NATION -

I am not sure if someone posted this site already, but it is the TV station I am watching via cable.

Very good source of news about the current situation in ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Live video on the site (right click on video -> zoom -> full screen)

www.tannetwork.tv

I have posted it numerous times, but only a few of us seem to be really interested. I am glad you have found it. From what I can see, it is the best source of info in English.

Someone tell me how Abhisit plans to win this? According to his own government, the estimated protesters are at 50,000.

Those 50,000 won't just go home, so he needs to shoot at them (already done). They won't go home now because it just made them more angry. Now what? Kill 50,000 and be done? Then he's gone too.

He's fighting a losing battle. And the sooner he realizes it, the better for Thailand and Thais.

they can't go home now to issan and to the north as most stations are full and transportation standed. don't you know that 90% of the REDS are not from bangkok?

With this thick faced government, if 1 million reds could come to Government House to protest, they would not step down.

The reds had the right to defense themselves when soldiers shot them first.

Thai soldiers are only good to shoot people having no gun.

Yes i agree with this. We all have the right to defend ourselves.

When you see soldiers or police coming towards you with guns drawn, or shooting, you should lay down with your arms spread so they can see you are no threat to them.

If you take this "defend yourself' mindset, you are going to get hurt and lose your moral high-ground about being defenseless unarmed protesters.

Someone tell me how Abhisit plans to win this? According to his own government, the estimated protesters are at 50,000.

Those 50,000 won't just go home, so he needs to shoot at them (already done). They won't go home now because it just made them more angry. Now what? Kill 50,000 and be done? Then he's gone too.

He's fighting a losing battle. And the sooner he realizes it, the better for Thailand and Thais.

pay the reds off with thaksins money, 10,000 each to go home, arrest whats left, restore order, use thaksins seized money to pay for reperations for damaged caused by his employees, reconvene summit on Koh Samet, seal off island, helicopter everyone in and out, job done.

Conclusion: the yellows can stay in Government House 3 months and stayed in 2 airports 8 days when State of Emergency was announced. The reds cannot protest on the street.

We've seen what happened to the governments around the world that tried it in the past.

what does that mean?

you and the missis?

no offebce inteneded but if you two are the persons in the avatar you both look too squeeky clean to have seen anything that one could conceivably refer to as poor or oppressive

you look like you would be more at home in the shangri la than the shanghai shithole

I think you're confusing something. With 'we've seen what happened to the governments' I meant during the course of history. I didn't mean actually being there. And yes, I do look squeeky clean, thank you, but I still believe that everyone should have the same right, be treated equally and have the same opportunity, no matter what his skin color, his ethnicity or his education.

be treated equally? so why should you not give aphisit a chance and treat him equally as thaksin (will not mention somchai and samak as they are just proxies)?

instead, you devote your time in the foruim dis-crediting the DEMS and anyone you don't like. you are absolutely one sided

Edited by LuckyFive8888

Will the people having the Goddamn tanker/terrorism debate please stop quoting that gigantic wall of text just to write one line snipes back and forth at one another? In fact will you please just stop having the stupid argument altogether? It's completely trivial and irrelevant.

And, on a separate note, would it be possible for people to stop posting like they're some kind of armchair Bill O'Reilly or other idiot television pundit by punctuating their every line with something like FACT. FACT: It's incredibly off-putting, antagonistic and unnecessary and destroys any chance for actual discussion. The only benefit to it is that when your posts contain such hysterical rhetorical theatrics they're much easier to subconsciously flag as moronic and to skip over without thinking about it. Still, discussion would be much less offensive without this inane peacock style internet posturing that serves absolutely no substantive purpose, so their value as a kind of red flag of retards is outweighed by the value of not adopting such an aggressive posture before you squeeze out yet another turd of internet wisdom for everyone's consumption.

Thank your for your assistance in these troubled times.

Sincerely,

The Lurkers

Another update from tannetwork.tv in about 1/2 hour.

Brief update given: Reds have set fire to a bus near the Pullman hotel. Tourists are warned to stay in hotels near Rangnam and Pratunam areas. Reds throwing molotov cocktails can be seen on the video.

The military is gaining control of the tourist areas slowly, and then will head on to Victory Monument to gain control. Following this, they will liberate Government House and arrest the 5 Red leaders who are at Government House.

This from OMR who this morning at 6am said that the military were now clubbing reds all over Bangkok.

When in fact they were having a tussle at Din Daeng only.

OMR - you really do lie do you not ?

Thai Police Clash With Anti-Government Protesters in Bangkok

By VOA News

13 April 2009

Thai police fired warning shots into the air and sprayed crowds with water cannons Monday, after anti-government protesters set a bus on fire at a main intersection in Bangkok.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-04-13-voa7.cfm

Not the PM, the country is fighting a losing battle. What's going on right now is anarchy and when there's a basic rule for each society it is that only the executive is allowed to use force and not indiviual groups. They should have used force when the yellows pulled similar stunts but that's not Abhisits fault. They obviously have to use it now as the reds threaten ordinary Thais to blow them up.

Simple as this... red demonstrates peaceful, nothing to worry.

Reds burn busses, hijackes NGV tankers, throws molotov cocktails and is carrying guns... they get shot. They should know that they asked for it with their actions. It's not Abhisit who's shooting at them.

what does that mean?

you and the missis?

Do you actually judge people's life experience from their avatar? How odd! And exactly how do you dress for a portait? Does it mean anything? If we were to judge you by your avatar, I would say you are obsessed with race issues and therefore have an unbalanced opinion toward world events.

Former Senate speaker Suchon Chaleekrua led a group of former senators to file a petition, seeking His Majesty's intervention to end the political violence.

He filed the petition at the Royal Household Bureau to Intharachan Buraphan, deputy secretary-general of the bureau.

The Nation

Better not comment on this one I think

they can't go home now to issan and to the north as most stations are full and transportation standed. don't you know that 90% of the REDS are not from bangkok?

Does this government care ?

They have proved now they have no respect for Thai citizens life by taking brazen decisions and actions that have inflammed the situation.

What are the government doing about the Blue Shirts ?

Are the links between Newin / King Power / Blue Shirts being investigated ?

How can they arrest any red when not one yellow has been arrested ? If they do the same as the yellows they have to simply ask them to report at the police station and give them a few weeks to do so.

Had this government weeks back simply dissolved the House then all would have been ok.

Had the courts dissolved the Democrats weeks back things would have been ok.

Quite simply too many people appear to have spent so much money getting this lot into power, they cannot and will not allow the people or anyone to now stop the process , or it will be money wasted - so many people say.

You guys in BKK may face a curfew tonight. Make sure you have food and water and anything else needed

Hammered, pockets of those against the UDD are forming throughout the country. In addition, road blockages in Chiang Mai are a direct violation of the CRES, which Abhisit invoked this morning.

The bottom line is that martial law may well be countrywide, not Bangkok specific. Perhaps time you visited your local 7-11 as well.

Can someone explain to me what the Red Shirts have against King Power?

This is the company who got all the concessions at rip off prices at Suvarnabhumi isn't it? Isn't this one of Thaksin's buddies?

Yes, but Mr Power flipped allegiances when Thaksin left - like Newin. TIT :o

Will you both shut up please! Anyone who threatens indiscriminate violence against civilians with any kind of weapon, or their bare hands is a terrorist.

This is a thread about whats going on in Bangkok - and you are arguing over insignificant details and being pedantic.

what utter drivel, if I threaten you for looking at my missus i suddenly become a terrorist :o

Indiscriminate violence is where you threaten or harm people indiscriminately, eg - people who aren't involved in the conflict or "innocent people"

Can someone explain to me what the Red Shirts have against King Power?

This is the company who got all the concessions at rip off prices at Suvarnabhumi isn't it? Isn't this one of Thaksin's buddies?

Yes, but Mr Power flipped allegiances when Thaksin left - like Newin. TIT :o

oh - and Sonthi

Another update from tannetwork.tv in about 1/2 hour.

Brief update given: Reds have set fire to a bus near the Pullman hotel. Tourists are warned to stay in hotels near Rangnam and Pratunam areas. Reds throwing molotov cocktails can be seen on the video.

The military is gaining control of the tourist areas slowly, and then will head on to Victory Monument to gain control. Following this, they will liberate Government House and arrest the 5 Red leaders who are at Government House.

This from OMR who this morning at 6am said that the military were now clubbing reds all over Bangkok.

When in fact they were having a tussle at Din Daeng only.

OMR - you really do lie do you not ?

uhm, I must have missed him saying it... why are you not replying to the post where he said it, the quote you put in doesn't say anything about clubbing all over Bangkok, unless you are reading it somewhere between the lines...

you really don't reply to a quote do you?

what does that mean?

you and the missis?

i am not confused, its exactly as i imagined it was, you were superimposing yourself into something you have never experienced first hand

so what you really mean then is that you have believed what you have read about it, when something like this happened somewhere else and then based on that premise you can start to make ASSumptions about what will happen here?

is a bit like you are believing whats happening here is not a treatcherous attempt at revenge under the guise of a revolution ?

or

thats its a cynical attempt to retrieve 76 billion baht on the back of the poor who are risking a bullet for 500 baht a day?

Dear Rainman and Koo82,

You see, why is that?

It's not really about your conspiracy theory at all.....

Last year, when the yellows held Govt. house for 3 months, the Govt. was too ineffective and weak to take action. This one isn't. That was the Govt. you support, and this one you don't................... eh?

The Govt. you were supporting was weak against Yellows.

This one isn't, so you call it oppression because they are reds.

I wouldn't even grace their drivel with a reply. The reds were allowed to protest all they liked, you could almost say they were ignored by the government. This obviously didn't go down too well with them and their master, so they threw a tantrum and started their campaign of violence. A bit like little children screaming louder and louder for attention before breaking something to finally get it. They have now so far overstepped the bounds of decent, civilised behaviour that they must be in serious danger of a groin strain. This government gave them every chance to protest peacefully and is now doing the right thing to bring control to the city. They didn't go out and start shooting people, they declared a state of emergency, they announced the army would be deployed, they gave the "peaceful" protesters every chance to get out. They now have every right to treat any one attacking them, or threatening to blow up gas tankers, with maximum, lethal force. I'd like to see Koo and Rainman dancing around the LPG tankers in a celebration of thuggery and terrorism if it was their houses that they were parked outside.

This is like watching a comedy of errors.

Total and utter nonsense. A government totally out of control. A country out of control.

Now they are fighting in Bangkok, when thats finished are the government going to fight to win back all the northern citiies now in the throws of red protests.

The only solution is for them to stop being so greedy and wanting the power in their hands, and dissolve the House and give the power back to the people. I mean, its not as if they have paid millions of dollars to various people to get into power is it ? or is it ?

You guys in BKK may face a curfew tonight. Make sure you have food and water and anything else needed

Won't work. People will still walk to their local market and somtam, chicken and fruit vendors will still sell there.

Not at the place where I live. It's near victory monument. 7/11, Lotus and all the other shops are closed.