State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

Redscouse,

You said, "Its not a terrorist attack until the REDS blow up a LPG truck. Simply driving or parking an LPG truck no matter how stupid, or dangerous it is does not make it a terrorist act."

I say that is utter nonsense!

FACT: the Red mob threatened to blow up the truck. The LPG truck was used to terrorize the army and the civilian population.

FACT: the Red mob have a weapon, and have stated their intent.

FACT: You talk about law but have not referenced any LAW or statute, foreign or domestic, to support your opinion that the Red mobs' threat to use an LPG Tanker Truck as a weapon is not a terrorist act.

FACT: You can not show us a LEGAL definition where the Red mobs' actions with a fuel truck does not constitute a terrorist threat.

You say you're from the UK, I'm from the US. Why do I have to point out to you the obvious fact to you that no mob in your country or mine would ever be allowed to use, or threaten to use, a tanker truck as a weapon. In fact, as you should well know, since 2001 merely talking about about such a threat is a violation of multiple laws in both of our countries.

Let it go already- you're just digging yourself a deeper hole, and quite frankly we all have more important things to worry about right now. :o

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is about sharing not just the power but the money and the prestige as well," says Mr Thitinan. "The elites are facing a choice: lose some now and keep a lot or keep it all now and risk losing the lot."

That sums up everything. And it seems like they've placed their bets on keeping it all.

I would think those with the prestige and money and power will currenlty be so scared that even if they win this round they will redistribute some of it. This is a rude awakening.

Conclusion: the yellows can stay in Government House 3 months and stayed in 2 airports 8 days when State of Emergency was announced. The reds cannot protest on the street.

It's called oppression of the poor.

We've seen what happened to the governments around the world that tried it in the past.

unbelievable that from all places possible, they have to make problems in places like apartment buildings (the gas truck) or hospitals... this is just sad, and shows how little they care about anyone but themselves (or not, as they might have supporters in those places).

What I am surprised is people sympathy towards Red. I hear a old women shouting(more like crying) every time we heard the firings. Everyone I talk to seems disapprove of the firing. :o

There are just as many Red sympathy as Yello sympathy. I declare it a draw.

Let the 2 groups (Red & Yellow) fight on the street. All others (police, army, etc) should just ignore both sides. The last one standing wins.

Maybe the reds should learn what Sondhi did. When will they start pulling out a Kotex? :D

Conclusion: the yellows can stay in Government House 3 months and stayed in 2 airports 8 days when State of Emergency was announced. The reds cannot protest on the street.

We've seen what happened to the governments around the world that tried it in the past.

lol, you comments are just classic... I got to bookmark some. :o

Red shirts.....White shirts.....Blue shirts.....Yellow shirts.....Poka dot shirts.....Striped shirts.

When will all this in-fighting end? No matter who is elected in this "fledgling" democracy, 50% of the people are not going to be happy campers.

Stop the violence, stamp out corruption on all levels (including vote buying) from the highest generals to the Boys In Brown to the common people....and maybe, just maybe, Thailand will be on the correct path to a truly democratic society.

Yea, right, like that's gonna happen in the next 1,000 years! Corruption is a way of life here.

Thailand is well on its way spiraling downward until it hits rock bottom. Right now Thailand has become the laughing-stock of the world.

But then why should any falang care about what's happening politically in this country. We are constantly told that we are "guests." We are not Thais. We can't vote. We have no rights in their land and should mind our own business. If we make suggestions, they are just thrown out the window and never really given any serious thought. The Thais will continue to do everything their own way just as they have been doing for years.

As seen in some posts in this forum, a few falang have the right idea when they ask the most important question in their minds during this period of chaos in Thailand - "Tell me if the bars are going to be open tonight."

God, I love Thailand. :o

What style explosions are happening NOW are the terrorist bombs or non terrorist bombs?
Sorry mate no attack intended but I agree with you about the law but sometimes the law can be mistaken

no problem mate, people are attacking me for other peoples opinions, firstly people seem to think stating the law is offering an opinion (which it isn't and I never offered any opinion), then some clown even added other posters quotes to my name making it appear that i wrote them (which i never) to try and make their earlier unwarranted attacks on me justified.

Saw on NBT that soldiers shoot up the sky and walked ahead. The reds went away. Saw about 10 military trucks coming in near Pratunam.

Koo you can't possibly believe what you are typing can you?

Should the army/police stopped the airport and government house seizure, of course.

But the reds are not just "protesting on the streets" as you claim, they are extremely voilent, taking hostages, burning things, they are not just "protesting" and their actions need to be stopped by what ever means needed. At some point some one has to take control and say enough is enough, people are free to protest, but that is it protest, once the protests start getting violent or seizing property the protestors need to be delt with and that goes for any color shirt they happen to be wearning.

Edited by MyphuketLife

With this thick faced government, if 1 million reds could come to Government House to protest, they would not step down.

The reds had the right to defense themselves when soldiers shot them first.

Thai soldiers are only good to shoot people having no gun.

From Thanong's blog:

######################

13.35 hours:

Official Statement from the Government House:

T oday (13 April 2009) at 7.45 hrs, Dr. Panitan Wattanayagorn, Deputy Secretary-General to the Prime Minister and acting Government Spokesperson and Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd, Spokesman of the Royal Thai Army gave a televised briefing on the newly announced Prime Minister’s order to establish a Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES).

Dr. Panitan said that following the declaration by the Prime Minister yesterday of the state of emergency in Bangkok Metropolitan area and several vicinities in five provinces, the Prime Minister has ordered the establishment of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (order No. 98/2552). Additionally the Prime Minister also ordered the prohibition of road blockades to enable the normal flow of traffics – Announcement following Section 11(6) of the Emergency Decree on the Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005).

Early this morning, around 4 am, after the announcement of the use of the order to prohibit road blockades, the officers at Din Daeng junction encountered a group of protestors who attempted to block the roads by using a bus. The officers then informed the protestors present in that area of the announcement of anti-road blockade order and negotiated with the protestors to stop the blockade. However, the protestors did not listen to the officials and drove the bus into the crowd of officers. The officers then fired a warning shot into the air to warn the protestors, followed by firing tear gas and took control of the situation. The action taken by officers started with the basic measures and thereafter progressively stepped up to more intense ones. In the clash that took place, a few people were injured while a few other people were detained and were taken to a safe place.

Dr. Panitan reiterated that in dispersing the groups of protestors, the Government has taken action in a transparent manner and taken due consideration of the safety of the people. He also asked the general public to place their trust in the Government in handling of the situation and cooperate with the Government by informing the newly established centre of any information that might be useful. The Government ensures that whatever action it takes will be in accordance with the law and the democratic principles. And throughout today, there will be periodic briefings by several high-level officials involved in the resolution of the emergency situation.

Following the briefing by Dr. Panitan, Colonel Sansern added that the clash began by the protestors firing tear gas at a crowd of officers, thereafter drove the bus that was used as a blockade directly into them. In an attempt to control the situation, the officers fired a gunshot up into the air - not directly at the protestors – to warn the protestors and encourage them to move away from the scene. Then, the officers had to use tear gas, sticks and shields in order to protect themselves.

#######################

Redscouse,

You said, "Its not a terrorist attack until the REDS blow up a LPG truck. Simply driving or parking an LPG truck no matter how stupid, or dangerous it is does not make it a terrorist act."

FACT: the Red mob threatened to blow up the truck. The LPG truck was used to terrorize the army and the civilian population.

FACT: You talk about law but have not referenced any LAW or statute, foreign or domestic, to support your opinion that the Red mobs' threat to use an LPG Tanker Truck as a weapon is not a terrorist act.

FACT: You can not show us a LEGAL definition where the Red mobs' actions with a fuel truck does not constitute a terrorist threat.

You say you're from the UK, I'm from the US. Why do I have to point out to you the obvious fact to you that no mob in your country or mine would ever be allowed to use, or threaten to use, a tanker truck as a weapon. In fact, as you should well know, since 2001 merely talking about about such a threat is a violation of multiple laws in both of our countries.

Let it go already- you're just digging yourself a deeper hole, and quite frankly we all have more important things to worry about right now. :o

First of all it was not Redscouse it was ME that said that, second it was in reponse to Plus or H90 who used the same line in the past to say the actions of the PAD were not terrorist, I was just throwing back the same logic he/she used during the PAD stuff....

Redscouse,

I never said that, that was written by another poster and somewhere along the line some fool messed up with their quoting and attributed it to me, I suggest you go back and read the thread properly, then I will happily accept your apology for the unwarranted attack

hmmm ... which governments in this part of the world are you talking about rainman ???

Saw on NBT that soldiers shoot up the sky and walked ahead. The reds went away. Saw about 10 military trucks coming in near Pratunam.

Koo you can't possibly believe what you are typing can you?

Should the army/police stopped the airport and government house seizure, of course.

But the reds are not just "protesting on the streets" as you claim, they are extremely voilent, taking hostages, burning things, they are not just "protesting" and their actions need to be stopped by what ever means needed. At some point some one has to take control and say enough is enough, people are free to protest, but that is it protest, once the protests start getting violent or seizing property the protestors need to be delt with and that goes for any color shirt they happen to be wearning.

According to 2 news programs I watched the reds were protesting peacefully until the blue shirts started the trouble and it stemmed from there. Not that the blue shirts would have anything to do with this government of course.

Well said Koo. You are my hero.

Its not a terrorist attack until the REDS blow up a LPG truck. Simply driving or parking an LPG truck no matter how stupid, or dangerous it is does not make it a terrorist act.

Don't get me wrong I think its foolish and they should be stopped, but until they use the trucks as an explosion its not "terrorsit"...

You can not possibly be serious!!! Using your "logic" I guess it's ok to take bombs on aircraft, because it's not a terrorist act until the bombs goes off... DUH! :o

there is a massive difference between the two, a bomb is designed and built for one purpose only (to cause explosions), a tanker is not. with the tanker it all comes down to intention to use it as a weapon, same as a kitchen knife is not an illegal weapon, unless you intend to use it as such and the intention needs to be proven

Maybe for you its ok.......because it seems you are able to read peoples minds and their individual intent.,,,,,, jeezzeee but how many people, unable to read minds, but are reading this thread do you think are now thinking that that truck is there to refill Kn Samak's gas bottle at Samak's Pad Thai stall ?????? Get real

oh dear, for someone talking about mind reading you really did manage to do a bad job reading my mind, it seems you read my post and then decided to guess what I was thinking. At no point to I say or even speculate that it is ok. If you want to criticise my post then stick to what I have written rather than what you think I have written.

again I will reiterate. I have no idea why the tanker is there, none of us do, we can guess of course. I pointed out to another posters ridiculous comment the difference in LAW between a bomb and a fuel tanker, I never offered any opinion on it.

I hope you understand now, saves time me having to respond to people who can't understand simple English

Yeah, and the folks who watched the World Trade Center towers collapse in flames on September 11th 2001 couldn't GUESS that those hijacked civilian airliners would be used as terrorist weapons... Since you seem an expert on the LAW, please explain: old fashioned bomb, or LPG vehicle used as a bomb, what's the difference? Better make it super-simple English for those of us who can't understand simple English... DUH!

well for a start all of the quotes above that you have attributed to me are not mine, maybe you could get that simple task right before going on an attack.

secondly, all I did was state the law, I never offered any opinion or condoned the action in any way

thirdly, if you read where I explain the law then you will have the answer to your irrelevant question.

oh and fourthly, duh!!!!!!!!!

ps these are my comments below, make an effort in future to not attribute otherscomments to me

there is a massive difference between the two, a bomb is designed and built for one purpose only (to cause explosions), a tanker is not. with the tanker it all comes down to intention to use it as a weapon, same as a kitchen knife is not an illegal weapon, unless you intend to use it as such and the intention needs to be proven

oh dear, for someone talking about mind reading you really did manage to do a bad job reading my mind, it seems you read my post and then decided to guess what I was thinking. At no point to I say or even speculate that it is ok. If you want to criticise my post then stick to what I have written rather than what you think I have written.

again I will reiterate. I have no idea why the tanker is there, none of us do, we can guess of course. I pointed out to another posters ridiculous comment the difference in LAW between a bomb and a fuel tanker, I never offered any opinion on it.

I hope you understand now, saves time me having to respond to people who can't understand simple English

Will you both shut up please! Anyone who threatens indiscriminate violence against civilians with any kind of weapon, or their bare hands is a terrorist.

This is a thread about whats going on in Bangkok - and you are arguing over insignificant details and being pedantic.

Redscouse,

First of all it was not Redscouse it was ME that said that, second it was in reponse to Plus or H90 who used the same line in the past to say the actions of the PAD were not terrorist, I was just throwing back the same logic he/she used during the PAD stuff....

Thankyou

some people just don't bother to read the thread before they start attacking

They are not "opressing the poor" they are finally starting to do their job, infact the same job you were ranting and raving about them not doing back when it was the voilent PAD....

Now that its the voilent REDS and the army is starting to do its job you are on here posting its wrong, its oppression.... give it a break, they are acting voilent and the army/police need to step in and stop them.

With this thick faced government, if 1 million reds could come to Government House to protest, they would not step down.

Yes i agree with this. We all have the right to defend ourselves.

1 million reds could come to Government House to protest, they would not step down.

If it makes no differance why not go home and enjoy your songkran???

Or has it not been ordered from Dubai yet. Whos in charge the people or an exiled dictator??

Will you both shut up please! Anyone who threatens indiscriminate violence against civilians with any kind of weapon, or their bare hands is a terrorist.

This is a thread about whats going on in Bangkok - and you are arguing over insignificant details and being pedantic.

what utter drivel, if I threaten you for looking at my missus i suddenly become a terrorist :o

I am not sure if someone posted this site already, but it is the TV station I am watching via cable.

Very good source of news about the current situation in ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Live video on the site (right click on video -> zoom -> full screen)

www.tannetwork.tv

Edited by jbhh

when you say ''we've seen what happened? ''

what does that mean?

you and the missis?

and if so where was it you saw it ?

no offebce inteneded but if you two are the persons in the avatar you both look too squeeky clean to have seen anything that one could conceivably refer to as poor or oppressive

you look like you would be more at home in the shangri la than the shanghai shithole

Someone tell me how Abhisit plans to win this? According to his own government, the estimated protesters are at 50,000.

Those 50,000 won't just go home, so he needs to shoot at them (already done). They won't go home now because it just made them more angry. Now what? Kill 50,000 and be done? Then he's gone too.

He's fighting a losing battle. And the sooner he realizes it, the better for Thailand and Thais.

Dear Rainman and Koo82,

You see, why is that?

It's not really about your conspiracy theory at all.....

Last year, when the yellows held Govt. house for 3 months, the Govt. was too ineffective and weak to take action. This one isn't. That was the Govt. you support, and this one you don't................... eh?

The Govt. you were supporting was weak against Yellows.

This one isn't, so you call it oppression because they are reds.

Another update from tannetwork.tv in about 1/2 hour.

Brief update given: Reds have set fire to a bus near the Pullman hotel. Tourists are warned to stay in hotels near Rangnam and Pratunam areas. Reds throwing molotov cocktails can be seen on the video.

The military is gaining control of the tourist areas slowly, and then will head on to Victory Monument to gain control. Following this, they will liberate Government House and arrest the 5 Red leaders who are at Government House.