Bringing Thai Furniture To U.s.?

Angeli

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I just bought our first condo in San Francisco and we would like to decorate it modern Thai style.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with shipping furniture and decoration pieces from Thailand to the U.S. Of course we would come to Thailand to pick the pieces.

We would also love to buy a few of those beautiful triangle pillows but I just read somewhere that they might get confiscated or cut open at customs?

I appreciate any comments or suggestions you guys have.

Thanks,

Anita

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I just bought our first condo in San Francisco and we would like to decorate it modern Thai style.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with shipping furniture and decoration pieces from Thailand to the U.S. Of course we would come to Thailand to pick the pieces.

We would also love to buy a few of those beautiful triangle pillows but I just read somewhere that they might get confiscated or cut open at customs?

I appreciate any comments or suggestions you guys have.

Thanks,

Anita

Oh I love San Francisco....! had a business there some 15 years ago on Fishermans' Wharf...long time ago.

Anyway: I would go to the North of TH and visit Chiang Mai-area and snif around and buy beautiful things overthere.

Contact a reliable Shipping Agent there and they will organize the shipping for you; the risk that they will cut any items is minimum then, as long as it carries the official documents. They might 'scan' the boxes or items.

good luck