Great Idea For Photo Opportunity In Bangkok..

dmerchent

During the last coup...Sept. 06 we lived in Chiang Mai..on an early morning trip to the airport, they had mobilized

the tanks around the airport...the monks were doing their morning walk/blessing thing and..we saw two soldiers

kneeling, getting their blessing in front of a tank..if only we had our camera with us, what a great photo opportunity!

Rats!! It would have made world wide i-report or more, I think..

With the tanks mobilized in Bangkok it might be a good time for an early bird photographer in Bangkok to scope out the areas something like that could easily happen again.

D

I try to take my camera everywhere with me now, I bought a shoulder bag to carry it plus spare batteries and am looking forward to getting some good shots over Songkhran.

Here's one I got on my walk last night, this pair were on an upstairs balcony and came to bark at my dog... very fierce hounds!

post-38081-1239576869_thumb.jpg

With the tanks mobilized in Bangkok it might be a good time for an early bird photographer in Bangkok to scope out the areas something like that could easily happen again.

D

I wished I'd read this earlier as I live in an area full of army vehicles (apparently they are not all tanks).

But this year has been volatile. After reading that the Red Shirts had been driven out of Victory, and with it only two stops down, I grabbed my camera to have a look. Not only were the Red Shirts there, but they were facing off the army. The sound of fireworks started (guns?). And while the army says they were shooting over heads, if they are not using blanks (still up for grabs) then where do the bullets go? Either way, it was stupid of me to put myself in that position, no matter how unintentional (or was it? I do crazy things some times).

But checking out tanks (army vehicles) in the neighbourhood is a good idea. I'll check today to see if one is still at the end of my street.

tv074.jpg

"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick..." (Theodore Roosevelt, 1903)

Victory Monument, Bangkok, 2009-04-13

Note the blue ribbon, many soldiers also wore white ribbons on their arms.

Edited by phaethon