It's Hit The Fan In Bangkok

MeetJohnDoe

Living on the Farside as I do, it's been peaches and cream the past few days over here with no unrest problems. Seeing as the sh!ts hit the fan in Bangkok big time last nite and today, just want to confirm that all is back to normal on the other side of Pattaya as I have some business over there today.

Any people living in the high-rent districts care to advise?

I did a quick in and out to do some shopping (Best supermarket at the roundabout and homepro in the carrefour building).

In at 9:15, out by 10:30, place looks deserted! Zoomed down 3th road towards central Pattaya and saw only 3 cars and a few bikes!

It's late morning and Jomtien Beach is getting busier. The Thais have their pickups out with large bins of water plus the whole family in the back drenching everyone as they pass. Keep your phone/passport/thumb drive and so on in a Ziplok plastic bag, just in case.

Apart from the usual Songkran nonsense (avoid Sois 7/8 like the plague), there are no problems in town that I am aware of.

It's late morning and Jomtien Beach is getting busier. The Thais have their pickups out with large bins of water plus the whole family in the back drenching everyone as they pass. Keep your phone/passport/thumb drive and so on in a Ziplok plastic bag, just in case.

Apart from the usual Songkran nonsense (avoid Sois 7/8 like the plague), there are no problems in town that I am aware of.

Yes, I've been on South Pattaya Rd in the area between Friendship Supermarket and Wat Chai a couple of times this morning& early afternoon and all is very quiet. No one even throwing water as far as I could see.