How Much Is Needed For Single Male?

billyboy

I have been to Thailand many times,but one question recently from a friend stumped me,he asked me how much money he would need to go to Pattaya for 7 days.Now he s a single beer drinker sex crazed male of 25.

I guess now im older i dont drink but i mainly go to theatres etc.

How much would he need in baht for 7 nights?

He has to pay 1200 to 1500 baht for taxis to and from airport etc,i told him about $800 aussie dollars,about 24000 baht but now im kicking myself cause i think he would spend more.Do u single guys spend more than 30000 baht in 7 nights,he s going to be there on a mon night to mon morning ,7 days.

He s been asking about girlie bars etc,and im thinking he could spend more.

How much average for 7 days. i need to tell him roughly how much.

he s paid his airfare,its only spending money,he was a little nervous of not taking much,but now he s happy i said 800 dollars aussie about 24000 b,but i suppose i should of doubled that? any comments how much you would spend over 7 nights?

Edited by billyboy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always take 100% more than you mean to spend. Thats how my holiday budgets always seem to pan out............

I think your right Professor,its hard to figure out other peoples budget,and probaly saying more than he needs is better than underqouting him.

i will tell him $2000 aussie dollars ,about 60000 baht even though i suppose he may be horrified at this even i am,but with single males say staying at a 500 b per night hotel times 7 nights,beer at 1000 b plus girls at 3000 baht it soon adds up to 5000 baht per day plus i suppose.Nowadays,i tend to stay at 400 to 500 b per night places that i know in Pattaya such as day/night .i tend not to drink in go go bars as they are expensive and i now eat street thai food and i spend less than 15000 baht in a week but he s a young single male so im not sure .

Edited by billyboy

I reckon could well be looking at about 5000 a day there, say 500 for room, 500 for food, and 4000 for drinks and girls and the odd taxi around town. All very well to live cheap or even live well and budget yourself a little, but if he's into the girly bars, especially if it's his first time here then he's gonna be buying lady drinks all over the place and the bill will soon mount up. Bet he'll have a bloodey good time though!!

PVT Dick, all very well to say don't come, spare us another sex tourist and all that, but I bet the thais he spends money with over his holiday will disagree with you.

I reckon could well be looking at about 5000 a day there, say 500 for room, 500 for food, and 4000 for drinks and girls and the odd taxi around town.  All very well to live cheap or even live well and budget yourself a little, but if he's into the girly bars, especially if it's his first time here then he's gonna be buying lady drinks all over the place and the bill will soon mount up.  Bet he'll have a bloodey good time though!!

PVT Dick, all very well to say don't come, spare us another sex tourist and all that, but I bet the thais he spends money with over his holiday will disagree with you.

I agree ,i know you dont like sex tourists pvt dick and im not one but the young bloke here in the factory i work in wants to be one.

5000 baht a day i suppose is right,i told him to take 5000 dollars with him,but he says he surely wouldnt spend that,better to be safe than sorry.

I think i have heard people spending 10000 baht per day but thats taking girls to discos,buying phones,gold etc,something i told him about but says he wouldnt do,until they grab his................. Would 5000 b,about 150 aussie dollars per day be about right?

Edited by billyboy

remind your friend to split his dosh, don't keep it all at one place. there is a fair chance of him being robbed by one of his take-outs, especially if he's been drinking. a friend of mine was robbed twice in 5 days recently, it happens!

Pleas advise your friend not to bring wads of cash to Pattaya, unless he wants to get mugged that is.

Hotel safety deposit boxes are not to be trusted there - neither is putting the money under the bed. Even in-room safes are to be treated with suspicion.

Ladyboys hang around walking street (where I presume he'll be spending lost of time drunk by your description) and he's their dream target for a beating & mugging.

Tell him to bring some cash & an ATM card with a Visa logo - he does have a bank account, right ?

How long is a peice of string......................?

Twice half it's length, you university types know <deleted> all :o:D:D

beat me to it.

1 week with 800 bucks, sounds doable until you get here. Sometimes that is just 1 round, but dont tell Dave as I dont want him to get his hopes up. :D

Edited by Tornado

All depends if you are on the piss all week could need more dosh.... items to think about:

Ladies, transport, food, drink, discos, daytime activities, shopping and course visits to the World Famous Blues Factory!  :D

Are you going to the Blues Factory on Sunday Brit? We can have a few beers on your good self :o

All depends if you are on the piss all week could need more dosh.... items to think about:

Ladies, transport, food, drink, discos, daytime activities, shopping and course visits to the World Famous Blues Factory!  :o

yere exactly,how can i know what he will spend?

but i was looking for some examples,couldnt you guys tell me what you would spend nowadays in 7 nights?

Ladies, transport, food, drink, discos, daytime activities, shopping and course visits to the World Famous Blues Factory!  :o

yere exactly,how can i know what he will spend?

but i was looking for some examples,couldnt you guys tell me what you would spend nowadays in 7 nights?

Bare minimum 2000-4000 THB a day is a conservative figure to work with- might need more if your mate goes nutty.

Torny - I wish mate currently back at work in Yankland- possibly heading to Japan next month. If you are still about in June- I'd love to send some pints your way!!!

Edited by britmaveric

Ok, lets say a nice and friendly hotel is 1500 a night, then thats 10,500

Assume 10 beers for himself a day @ 120 Baht (1,200 a day) 8,400

500 a day in Girlie Drinks 3,500

Barfines @ 500 a day, 3500

"tips" at 1500 a day 10,500

Misc Travel 5,000

Food, say 500 a day Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks 3500

So thats just about 45,000 baht.

Then add the T-shirts, DVD's and other gifts to take home to show everyone you didn't spend the whole time in a bar and a hotel room

Add 5,000 baht.

Total So far 50,000 Baht.

Finally maybe he might have a special fancy ec and want to take tee-ruk to the gold shop on the way to the airport :o

So 50,000 Baht, whats that about 1,250 USD or about $1700 AUD. I used to tell my punters to bring 2000 and they wouldn't have a care...

Anyone disagree ?

Matt

My wife and I have been known to blow 10k a night in PTY, granted they are big nights but I would not go with anything less as that was with my wife, if I was single man I am not sure what I would do.

I once spent 2000 AUD in a karaoke in Korea in one sitting, so I might be at the extreme end of the scale.

Never had a problem to spend my money, the sky is the limit.(ok, i wish it would be)

But 10.000 Baht a day, never had a problem with that.

rent a car, eat foreign food or seafood in fancy restaurants.Drink a couple of imported german wheat beer.Some shopping for MYSELF.Later after dinner with some cocktails going to a disco and party all night.

Hey, i was young and on holiday :o

Now I´m married and life really got cheaper by now.I don´t spend so much money anymore neither in LOS or back home.

Never had a problem to spend my money, the sky is the limit.(ok, i wish it would be)

But 10.000 Baht a day, never had a problem with that.

rent a car, eat foreign food or seafood in fancy restaurants.Drink a couple of imported german wheat beer.Some shopping for MYSELF.Later after dinner with some cocktails going to a disco and party all night.

Hey, i was young and on holiday :D

Now I´m married and life really got cheaper by now.I don´t spend so much money anymore neither in LOS or back home.

Oh my **** , you guys spend loades of money . 10k a day :o , i spend ( Samui ) around 700 a day for food and drink , at daytime , this excludes the complete nightlife scene . For the nightlife i'd say a average with girl of 2000/3000 bath . Count in 1000 for hotelroom and you got around 4500 a day , maximum , not looking for something to save on . If i want to save , then i easily can half the daytime spending , to 350 and the nighttime with girl again to 1500/2000 . That makes it to about 3000 a day including room . With 5000 a day , he'll spend 35000 . With something extra , like t-shirts or something make it 40.000 till 50.000 .