Kawasaki Zx10r

katasyd

How are the mid-90s Kawasaki ZX 400s? Listed at 65hp. 180kgs. I just saw one for 35k baht with greenbook.

Sorry off main topic. Don't want to start a thread for something so minor.

ZX400... Never ridden one.. Parts would be a big concern if your not in bangkok.. So much so that the CB4 CB1 and CBR all have a price premium over say a GSX or GSF, put simply Thais love Hondas and when I needed honda parts even a tin shack fix it could find them, yet when I need suzuki parts even the biggest bike shops cant and its a import from japan answer with assiciated price. Easy for a 10k cheaper bike to cost 1000's more in running costs.

I would say that a fully booked bike will range from 50 for cheap up to 80 or 90 for clean and expensive... Of course a late model CB400 VTEC III will be nearer 200 than 100 !!

I would also advise to be very careful dealing with mocyc and other Thai forums.. I would guess that the vast majority will have bent books of one kind or another.. Books are becoming a bigger issue these days and being stuck with something or worse losing it is a risk you need to fully understand with these machines.

I know of a couple of options.. hel_l I have the bandit I still need to sort the top end on.. Thats would go for giveaway money. Too caught up in messing with the Blade to give it time right now.

Back to the topic,

Anyone who can confirm the on-the-road price for the ZX10R?

Cheers Bard

Hi Bard,

This afternoon i was at the Kawasaki shop on the Sukhumvit road in Pattaya. They had the ZX10 standing there (the one which was used by Kawasaki on the motorshow according to the salesman) and the salesman said that he did sell already all bikes (all models including the vulcans) which were in his shop except the ZX10. He also said that there was not a ZX10 sold this year as far as he knew. The price he gave me was:

Bike 650.000 baht

Registration 3.300 baht

Insurance (1st class) 16.500 baht

Total price on road 669.800 baht

Cheers,

alex