More On Ghosts!

ProfessorFart

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4202457.stm

Someone asked about the Thai reaction to the affected areas.

No ghost! Dont scare us at night, P' Fart.

Anna,

Are you afraid of ghosts? If so what ghosts are you afraid of...Thai, falang and/or Chinese or all of them

Actually I am afraid of ALL kinds of ghosts very very very much.

Do you think ghosts have different nationalities?

Everytime when my friend starts to talk a ghost story and right away I start sceaming to cover his/her voice. (My screaming scounds much more horrific than their stories.)

Anna,

Are you afraid of ghosts? If so what ghosts are you afraid of...Thai, falang and/or Chinese or all of them

Everytime when my friend starts to talk a ghost story and right away I start sceaming to cover his/her voice. (My screaming scounds much more horrific than their stories.)

A Malayasian friend once told me that he was only afraid of malay/chinese ghosts and that farang ghosts did not scare him???

Does that mean you are scared of Casper? :D:o

Anna,

A Malayasian friend once told me that he was only afraid of malay/chinese ghosts and that farang ghosts did not scare him???

Does that mean you are scared of Casper? :D:o

Yes. But please dont laugh at me.

They definately do as my gf informs me. Farang ghosts are less scary and that's why I am not afraid of them, whereas Thai ghosts are very scary which is why my gf shits herself whenever I mention them. :o

BTW, nobody start flirting with Anna or her avatar, we just had another thread closed with a slap oin the wrist for the same reason. :D

My wife is scared of ghosts as well. She says most of them have names as I have seen in another thread.

However, she can't name the ghost that emerges from under the dooner after a big night out. I know one is there because it fills the air but takes no form.

Anyone out there know its name? :o

Thai Ghost stories from either traditional or modern folklore are remarkably chilling and would seem to have a lot of what Mrs TEOS fears in them.

The only sad thing is that they have all been made into dire films or TV shows and found their place in the modern psyche through this vile medium (if you'll excuse the pun - none intended)

Thais see Ghosts - in the traditional sense - as omens of mostly doom and impending disaster, or as returning vengeful spirits and not as we see them in the West as lost souls yet to find their way from the mortal plane of existence.

My only experience that I could claim to be 'paranormal' actually happened in Thailand but that is a tale for another day..............