Overstay

British/uk resident

I overstayed last february 2004 by 8 days in Koh Samui. I had been on a 2 month holiday with return tkt and tourist visa from Hull/uk.

As all the books say, if you overstay then you can pay 200bht per day up to a max of 20kbht when you leave.

I thought it would be easier and cheaper to pay at Samui airport than go to immigration and did so and everything was fine.

I am to return for a 3 week holiday in March 2005, with return tkt and tourist visa from Hull and im starting to get a little worried that they wont let me through immigration.

A friend of mine was blacklisted for having a fake stamp in her passport and was refused entry at BKK, so am I just worrying for nothing??

Any thoughts on this subject would be grately appreciated.

Jules :o

Don't worry. We have had clients that had come to us as they had overstayed 4 years. they paid the fine and came back in Thailand the next day. If these folks who had over stayed had been caught before leaving, a whole different ballgame. We do NOT advocate you overstay.

If you make it to the airport then you pay the fine. All is forgiven..

www.sunbeltasia.com

Don't worry. We have had clients that had come to us as they had overstayed 4 years. they paid the fine and came back in Thailand the next day. If these folks who had over stayed had been caught before leaving, a whole different ballgame. We do NOT advocate you overstay.

If you make it to the airport then you pay the fine. All is forgiven..

www.sunbeltasia.com

www.sunbeltasia.com