Evaluate My Photo

bcbuzz

It is lovely. Is that a Thai bee? I never saw one like that in Asia :o

The bee in the photograph is a bumble bee taken in my backyard in Vancouver. Of the roughly 800 bee species in Canada, next to the honey bee, the bumble bee is the best known. Bumble bees are large

(13–25 mm in length), hairy bees that are usually black and yellow with clear wings with black veins.

post-75088-1239663419_thumb.jpg

nice...... BUT remember the background is as important as the subject. if you had changed the angle to make the background the darker area on the top right of the frame it would have improved the impact or crop out as below but sharpness has been compromised

post-34511-1239760900.jpg

Edited by yumidesign

nice...... BUT remember the background is as important as the subject. if you had changed the angle to make the background the darker area on the top right of the frame it would have improved the impact or crop out as below but sharpness has been compromised

oops sorry 'the dark area at the top left of the frame'

[attachment=81068:post_750...19_thumb.jpg

oops sorry 'the dark area at the top left of the frame'

Edited by yumidesign

post-34511-1239760900.jpg

I agree the background in the original is untidy and distracting, cropping has improved the image but at a cost to sharpness......the lesson being, always concider the background, and crop in camera as much as you can before taking the shot. :o