Looking For Nice House For Rent In Surat

stevehaigh

• 2 weeks later...

• 8 months later...
come on people, surely someone lives in surat and know some houses for rent. i'm looking again.

Hi Steve,

I honestly think your best option is to get over there & have a look. I have seen some high end homes, but seems they were owned by wealthy local families. I haven't really seen anything for rent same as Samui or KPG.

Your only other option is South of Surat, towards the beach communities.

Anyway good luck & keep us informed.

I don't really know anyone that lives in Surat Steve, but if you get desperate I can get DH to ask the ten kajillion relatives he has to see if any of them know of a property agent on the mainland

• 3 weeks later...
I don't really know anyone that lives in Surat Steve, but if you get desperate I can get DH to ask the ten kajillion relatives he has to see if any of them know of a property agent on the mainland

I have a house in Suratthani but it's definitely not Western style. :)

I don't know anybody that rents nice places there either. Sorry mate.

Yeah I'm afraid none of the teachers I know in Surat are living in places like that. I do know of village style developments in Surat - you would have to go and ask around though as I don't know the names. Gated communities I guess they are called. Big houses, facilities etc but even those would not have their own pools - maybe shared ones. Wealthy southern Thais don't have much interest in building pools on their own homes, and there isn't a market for farangs and high end properties.

Properties are advertised with signs on gates mostly or through who you know - no general estate agents. If you find a development there will be a sales office on site that will know of any rentals coming up. It's a whole different game on the mainland! Plusses are prices are about half that on he islands (though Surat is still quite expensive compared to other southern cities).