Help With Paypal

I am trying to register Kasikornbank with Paypal. The problem is the drop down list of Thailand's banks is in Thai at Paypal.

There are about 30 banks on it or so and I am attempting to match up the Thai alphabet with the bank names that appear on Paypal with the way Kasikornbank name appears in Thai on there letter head or website. But, it does not match with any of the 30 banks.

Can anybody spell the name of the bank as it appears in Thai in the drop down list at Paypal? It appears Paypal has added something after that Kasikornbank as it appears on there letter head.

Anyway, I can't figure it out and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

I am trying to register Kasikornbank with Paypal. The problem is the drop down list of Thailand's banks is in Thai at Paypal.

There are about 30 banks on it or so and I am attempting to match up the Thai alphabet with the bank names that appear on Paypal with the way Kasikornbank name appears in Thai on there letter head or website. But, it does not match with any of the 30 banks.

Can anybody spell the name of the bank as it appears in Thai in the drop down list at Paypal? It appears Paypal has added something after that Kasikornbank as it appears on there letter head.

Thanks

Bill

Im not 100% sure Bill but it might be worth looking at the top of the page to see if there is a English button

i just mention this as my wife has a Thai paypal account and on the front page it gives the option for Thai or English.

Failing this get a Thai friend or partner to take a look

let us know how you get on

Edited by tigerbalm

Thanks

Bill

http://www.kasikornbank.com/ check their website for the correct spelling

Im not 100% sure Bill but it might be worth looking at the top of the page to see if there is a English button

i just mention this as my wife has a Thai paypal account and on the front page it gives the option for Thai or English.

Failing this get a Thai friend or partner to take a look

let us know how you get on

I just mention this as my wife has a Thai paypal account and on the front page it gives the option for Thai or English.

Dumb PayPal, even with 'English' set the drop down is still in Thai :o

Thanks for your help everybody.

Yes, the problem was the English versions drop down list of banks was in Thai.

I finally figured it out though. What the drop down list did was add Kasikornbank's corporate name after the banks name you will find on there website and there letter head.

So, if anybody else has this problem Kasikornbank will be spelled in Thai, just like it is on there website, but they add two additional words after it, which you just have to forget.

If you do this like I did, which was to match up Thai alphabet characters to figure out what bank it is. With Kasikornbank, just use the first 12 alphabet characters and match up those only and forget about the last two words.

By the way, according to the information I gathered to use Paypal in Thailand there are only two banks you can do it with, either Kasikornbank or Bangkok Bank.

Which is too bad, because I use Siam Commercial Bank and there online services have improved significantly since I first started with them 4 years ago.

By the way, I called Paypal and the bank and nobody could help me at either place, I was left on my own to figure this one out.

Edited by billaaa777

Thanks for your help everybody.

Yes, the problem was the English versions drop down list of banks was in Thai.

I finally figured it out though. What the drop down list did was add Kasikornbank's corporate name after the banks name you will find on there website and there letter head.

So, if anybody else has this problem Kasikornbank will be spelled in Thai, just like it is on there website, but they add two additional words after it, which you just have to forget.

If you do this like I did, which was to match up Thai alphabet characters to figure out what bank it is. With Kasikornbank, just use the first 12 alphabet characters and match up those only and forget about the last two words.

By the way, according to the information I gathered to use Paypal in Thailand there are only two banks you can do it with, either Kasikornbank or Bangkok Bank.

Which is too bad, because I use Siam Commercial Bank and there online services have improved significantly since I first started with them 4 years ago.

By the way, I called Paypal and the bank and nobody could help me at either place, I was left on my own to figure this one out.

My wife has a paypal account linked to the saim commercial, please dont ask how she did it as i have no idea and ill bet shes forgot ! :o

Jimmy Conway

Where were you a week ago? That is one of most helpful post EVER on this forum and should somehow be made permanent!

I have seen so many people asking for help registering with Paypal and never paid attention to them. But, I should have, because it is not easy.

Anyway, GREAT FIND and GREAT POST!

My wife has a paypal account linked to the saim commercial, please dont ask how she did it as i have no idea and ill bet shes forgot !

Siam Commercial Bank is what I tried first, since that is where all my bank accounts are.

But, I got an error message in Paypal stating, "That account is rejected."

Then I called Siam Commercial Bank's help desk. There I was told there accounts did not work with Paypal.

This is also where I was told the only two banks that would work were Bangkok Bank and Kasikornbank.

Maybe your wife has a checking account, which foreigners can't get unless they open a business. Or maybe it once worked with Siam, but since then has stopped.

Those are the only things I can think

Just to let everybody know where I am in this process and the steps you have to go through and how confusing it is.

When I went to Kasikornbank to ask about linking to Paypal they told me to do it I would need a "K-Web Shopping Card."

I spent a few days trying to figure out Kasikornbank name in Thai. Which is now easy thanks to Jimmy Conway.

By the way, I called the help lines at both Kasikornbank and Paypal which is based in Singapore and speaks every language known to man, but one, guess what it is, Thai of course. And neither one could help me, each of them told me to call the other one. I ended up having to figure it out by myself.

OK, now I have bank name and now they ask for the account number. I try and enter the "K-Web Shopping Card," but it will not go in, it has too many digits and Paypal will not take all the digits of the "K-Web Shopping Card." So, that stops me for another day.

I start thinking about this some more and I finally realize that the "K-Web Shopping Card" is just a "Virtual Internet Credit Card." You do not actually receive a real card, just a number and expiration date.

They do not even tell you the type of card it is, which you need to know. But, I take a guess it is a Visa, since that is what Kasikornbank's debit card is.

So, I try again and enter Kasikornbank's banks account number and it goes in. I am finally getting closer. Then I enter the "K-Web Shopping Card" as the credit card linking to the account.

WOW, I am now in business, Paypal takes all the information.

Now, I am waiting for a withdrawal from my account which will come with a reference number which I need to confirm with Paypal to have my account fully set up.

I am sure I will have to call the help desk at Kasikornbank to get this reference number; I hope they can tell me. If not then I don't know what to do.

Nothing is easy in Thailand, but after you finally get everything finally figured out it is well worth the work.

I will let everybody know if I ever get the reference number and have my Paypal account fully set up and working.

Success at last. It took two to three weeks, but my Paypal account is official and has been verified.

Kasikornbanks online statement did provide me with the number I needed to verify my Paypal account, so there was no need to call the help line.

Thailand's online banking has certainly come a long way since I came here five years ago. Now at Siam, I am able to link my savings and money market accounts and move money over the internet. I am able to pay most of my bills or have them taken out of my account automatically. And I am able to do inter bank transfers.

If anybody that is starting to try and setup a Paypal account and finds this tread first I am sure it would cut down there time and frustration significantly.

Good the hear your all up and running billaaa777.

Here's a few tips for anyone who wants/opens a PayPal business account. There are many circumstances where one may have a business outside of Thailand but may need to transfer to their Thai bank for convenience.

If you want a PayPal business account and withdraw to a Thai bank then name your business at PayPal your surname. Think about it......when the monies lands at the bank it will read, (using Smith as an example) deposit x amount to Smith and then the account number, it works. Even for a Thai it is not straight forward getting a business account at the bank, thus calling your business at PayPal for example Siam Computer Spares when withdrawing, that will be the payee's name when arriving at the bank so they wont recognize it. Name your business/website whatever you like just use your surname for PayPal.

When operating a NEW business PayPal account and your website is e-commerce if it is feasible send with online tracking only (EMS, DHL FEDEX etc) If it is not, use your common sense, does the shipping address match the card holders address? Is the customers order 'odd' IE, 20 of the same product? Is the order value unusually high? After time it becomes instinct and you will spot the 'tell tale signs' of a fraudulent order.

Do not login from another country they will more then likely query why you have done so and flag your account.

Don't send large amounts of money to anyone else's PayPal account, only withdraw to your bank account. Once your account has been running a few weeks and you have some transactions in your history tab then go ahead and transfer to other PayPal accounts (if you need to)

If for any reason your account gets flagged as PayPal 'screening activity' on new accounts is extremely tough do not panic! What ever they ask for IE: Invoices, Proof of address etc, fax the required documents and wait for the response.

Do not under any circumstances get irate and contact them aggressively as they are 'holding your money' act professional and calm as you would expect any professional business person to act.

If you follow these simple guides lines you should have years of trouble free PayPal use although I hold no guarantees!

Edited by JimmyConway