Songkron Up Country Ban Pang Tawai

TOQ

This did turn out to be a good day since the sun was shinning and Choa and I actually got out right in the middle of it. All the photos were taken on the main highway except the first one which was right down the road from where I live. As you can see, people will block one side of the highway which forces you to get into a single lane. That is when you get it. Up here car and motor bikes will stop so people can wish them a Happy Songkran. Nothing like in Pattaya where you have to be worried about being knocked off a bike with a water cannon. They don't do that here and that is one of the reasons it is just too much fun.

Ive never posted photos here before and I'm not even sure that it should be in this forum since they are not really gay related.. Well , maybe because of me :o

Hope I dont bore you with these

DSCF6924.jpg

Now to the main highway.

DSCF6916.jpg

DSCF6918.jpg

DSCF6919.jpg

DSCF6928.jpg

DSCF6933.jpg

DSCF6939.jpg

DSCF6943.jpg

DSCF6945.jpg

DSCF6947.jpg

DSCF6949.jpg

DSCF6950.jpg

DSCF6956.jpg

DSCF6960.jpg

DSCF6962.jpg

DSCF6964.jpg

DSCF6966.jpg

Ive got more but I think Ive make this post long enough already.

Till Next Year

DSCF6975.jpg

DSCF6988.jpg

choa

john

Edited by TOQ

I agree, a welcome change from reading about, and thinking about the riots we had here in Bangkok during this past week.

We escaped Bangkok, to travel to Nakhon Nayok, on Monday, (about a two hour drive, excluding getting lost in the process) to stay at a resort and visit the beautiful waterfalls nearby.

And what we saw too, was the water-throwers actually hail over passing trucks laden with water-throwers... using the same gesture as hailing a cab(!), and more often than not, the truck would stop, and the two groups would absolutely drench each other, during prolonged battle...

Gay related... watching the young, slim, shirtless late teen boys dancing, erotically, while waiting for the next songkran water-battle... was absolutely stunning... making my heart skip more than a few beats... Now THAT was a very nice memory to keep for Songkran... Sorry, no pictures of the dancing... at nighttime, and a bit over-the-top for what my boyfriend would have "allowed".

but I DID manage to get my boyfriend to take a number of photos, with my arm around a number of stunning Thai men, at the waterfall...!!!

Now, back at Bangkok, ready to get back to the grind, the (seemingly impossible) task of teaching English, American style (!), to Thais of all ages, seven days a week...

I hope most of my fellow farangs were able to "escape the madness" also, and enjoy the true spirit of Songkran too!!

Pawpcorn

Nice pictures, John- looks like a pleasant group of people- and I'll add my vote to those who enjoy Songkran *outside* Bangkok.

It is a whole new world living up here compared to Bangkok or Pattaya. I am enjoying it :o

john