Pad Leader Sondhi Limthongkul Shot

LawnGnome

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what Sondhi hopefully will/would have to say about this.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1513...open-to-amnesty

Abhisit open to amnesty

PM briefs diplomats on political situation

By: PRADIT RUANGDIT

Published: 17/04/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: News

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva says an amnesty will be considered for banned politicians to try to promote reconciliation after months of political turmoil boiled over into street violence this week.

Abhisit is a politician, whose routine is also to answer questions. He only said an amnesty "will be considered". It doesn't mean that he will do so.

I cant believe some yellow supporters here either - just why did the AOT close the airport - because these yellow idiots took over the control tower - and will thousands in the main terminal building causing panic with overseas tourists decided in the interests of safety to close - also many airlines diverted flights as soon as this happened - Qantas for one - and many others - who is going to land at an airport controlled by a rabble - they also looted computer terminals - damaged fixtures - security cameras - not to mention the reputation of thailand -- so get things if the correct prespective= maybe if the yellows were treated like the reds and locked up for what they did =- this shooting would not have happened

They didn't took over control tower. I believe the AOT decided to close the airport when they weren't even in the building yet, just blocking the road outside. After they entered the terminal they didn't do anything illegal, they certainly didin't loot anything or broke any fixtures. Some stuff has gone missing after they left, a week later, but on the first day there was nothing criminal to charge them with, certainly nothing terrorist.

Abhisit open to amnesty

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva says an amnesty will be considered for banned politicians to try to promote reconciliation after months of political turmoil boiled over into street violence this week.

Abhisit is a politician, whose routine is also to answer questions. He only said an amnesty "will be considered". It doesn't mean that he will do so.

It's conditional amnesty ...expect hit to accept ummm "sorry boss'?

That meeting between Abhisit and diplomats was well covered in the Nation but they didn't mention a word about amnesty.

It's possible that Abhisit simply answered "yes" to a long list of ideas for political reconciliation, that's all.

Abhisit open to amnesty

It's conditional amnesty ...expect hit to accept ummm "sorry boss'?

Maybe he just feels full of love for mankind and generosity? Pardon everyone? I see itnow...the altruistic politician.

Abhisit open to amnesty

Well thank god he only considered an amnesty. I won't pay any attention if says the Thai army is considering to march into Cambodia. These words at times like this are very important and I don't believe are accidental.

Or is he a complete fool and really meant to say that he was considering an amnesty for Thaksin? Oops sorry, slip of the pen. Can I retract that?

I founded this in a Forum, few weeks before:

Police should explore...

by Preah Vihearian (not verified) (203.176.129.74  ) ... Mon, 04/08/2008 - 00:00.

Sondhi Limthongkul, Please do

Sondhi Limthongkul, Please do what you said I'm waiting for you I'll welcome you by my lovely AK47.

Well it may be a lie, or pandering to the foreigners but these statements are very rarely accidental. It was a closed meeting, and this one of the statements that made its way out. There could be a myriad of reasons, but I think someone may have banged the table and told him he has the backing to do absolutely what he thinks he NEEDS (as opposed to wants)to do to keep the country intact. His statement yesterday has nothing to do with politics and can only be seen as a statement to try to unify the country.

Let us not forget that there were words of civil war only 5 or 6 days ago. People talked of the fact that there may be factions within the army who may split. If that happens there is no way to put the country back together. Thaksins only hope is to split the country, it would appear someone has been told to pull out all the stops to unify it, even if it would appear to hang himself politically.

Maybe a idea to seed a split within the opposition??

When you pardon the TRT+PPP heavyweights, than the current lightweights are not needed anymore.

So they will be replaced by the former politician and may try to avoid that by???? siding with the government??? Avoiding new elections???

Giving some secrets to the courts/media??

Or pardon everything but Thaksin to initate a split from PTP to Thaksin?

Do you think that was a planning or do I think too difficult?

Abhisit open to amnesty

Well thank god he only considered an amnesty. I won't pay any attention if says the Thai army is considering to march into Cambodia. These words at times like this are very important and I don't believe are accidental.

Or is he a complete fool and really meant to say that he was considering an amnesty for Thaksin? Oops sorry, slip of the pen. Can I retract that?

No you can't now bend over and take your punishment!....lol

Police should explore...

by Preah Vihearian (not verified) (203.176.129.74  ) ... Mon, 04/08/2008 - 00:00.

Sondhi Limthongkul, Please do what you said I'm waiting for you I'll welcome you by my lovely AK47.

I don't think someone is posting that in english before a real assassination. Most probably just a forum clown.

Police should explore...

Post the link...it's on the internet....it has to be true:-P

Thank you red shirts, for your continuing efforts to destroy our country...

so much for the people saying they are pro democracy -- they don't debate, they burn, loot, threat of blowing up dindaeng residents and now they execute people who don't think like them.....

what amazes me is that they can still have credibility amongst a lot of farangs and a lots of forigners based in other countries.

Police should explore...

Preah Viharian sounds Khmer.

Do you suggest, as Sondhi did since the beginning, that Thailand has to invade Cambodia right away?

If Abhisit had prosecuted the PAD like he's prosecuting the UDD, Sondhi probably wouldn't have been shot.

I don't think he was prosecuting the UDD until after this last fiasco? U know....Burning buses, LPG tankers...burning murder...all that rot...

Well it may be a lie, or pandering to the foreigners but these statements are very rarely accidental. It was a closed meeting, and this one of the statements that made its way out. There could be a myriad of reasons, but I think someone may have banged the table and told him he has the backing to do absolutely what he thinks he NEEDS (as opposed to wants)to do to keep the country intact. His statement yesterday has nothing to do with politics and can only be seen as a statement to try to unify the country.

Let us not forget that there were words of civil war only 5 or 6 days ago. People talked of the fact that there may be factions within the army who may split. If that happens there is no way to put the country back together. Thaksins only hope is to split the country, it would appear someone has been told to pull out all the stops to unify it, even if it would appear to hang himself politically.

Maybe a idea to seed a split within the opposition??

When you pardon the TRT+PPP heavyweights, than the current lightweights are not needed anymore.

So they will be replaced by the former politician and may try to avoid that by???? siding with the government??? Avoiding new elections???

Giving some secrets to the courts/media??

Or pardon everything but Thaksin to initate a split from PTP to Thaksin?

Do you think that was a planning or do I think too difficult?

Well it would pull the rug absolutely out from under Thaksin's feet. Even though he hasn't got much left to play with, he still has the support of some of the banned politicians who are still behind him, because no one else has yet offered them a way back into politics. It would also get rid largely of the Newin bargaining strength and go a long way to uniting the country and pander the reds by making it appear that everyone is back around the table, Thaksin excepted.

We all hope that Abhisit is a smart politician. In the long run it would be smart politics, but would need certain people to approve it and certain people to shut up, Sondhi being one of them.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Perhaps Thailand is just trying to catch up with the US, in terms of insane gun violence.

People from little countries always say that,the US has never and will never be conquered because of the guns,unlike most of the countries that the US has saved.The reason they are the only Superpower in the world. :o:D:D

If Abhisit had prosecuted the PAD like he's prosecuting the UDD, Sondhi probably wouldn't have been shot.

And if Thailand was a perfect country nobody should even think to oppose blatant corruption and nepotism...I think Mr.Sondhi have truly at heart the well being of Thailand and its citizens,i hope he'll recover soon.It's a pity that some educated farangs are cynical about him and his driver being shot.I think anybody who support thugsin have better open their eyes.That guy's only in it for the money,not for democracy as he claims.Should Mark prosecute PAD for fighting peacefully, to give our children and us a better world? I don't think so,but it's just my opinion.

Checked some Thai and English web sites here in TH. Nothing mentioned about (yet)

Lets hope it was only propaganda!

Over 100 cartridge cases (found at the scene) don't sound very much like propagana to me :o

Well aware about. I posted that 6 or 7 hours ago

Said a few minutes ago on TV they have removed 4 bullets from his scull.

Must have been low velocity small arms fire a 7.62 or 222 would only need one to blow his head off.

maybe he went down on the floor of the car and the bullets had to went thru the steel first??

Would that be an explanation?

maybe he went down on the floor of the car and the bullets had to went thru the steel first??

Yes, or if the glass is hardened/tempered (and angled) it will bleed off velocity quickly.

Um... 5 minutes is a very long time - surely Sondi would be dead from multiple bullet riddles AND a successful getaway would be pretty limited as they would have given police/ military time to catch them... what were they doing? Spraying the buildings and air around them with bullets?

[The attackers then shot four tyres of Sondhi's vehicle before stepping out of their car and sprayed more bullets on the car. The attack lasted about five minutes and the attackers went back to their pickup which sped away along Tevet Road.

Said a few minutes ago on TV they have removed 4 bullets from his scull.

Must have been low velocity small arms fire a 7.62 or 222 would only need one to blow his head off.

That is likely 4 bullet fragments. Thai news doesn't always translate with finesse...

It was glancing blow across the temple and into the back of his skull,

through the softest opening, based on the photo I saw.

Need not be high speed at time of entry. And so sounds like a richochet.

Another thought is these weapons put up a lot of smoke,

maybe they shot so much they lost track of where to aim and just fired wildly.

Pros do it with as FEW shots as possible. One is enough if you are good.

Or one to stop them and coup de grace and walk away quietly.

This all looks like hot heads being egged on to make a statement.

Don't you dare cross us or we will grandly attack all your friends.