Pad Leader Sondhi Limthongkul Shot

LawnGnome

It would have been logistically too risky to perform such an act in the centre of Bangkok under a SOE without having a lot of pull.

Not at all.

All they have to do is to avoid running into army patrols after the shooting, and at that time of the day, 5AM, in ten minutes they could have been somewhere in Buddhamonton if they took elevated road at Pinklao.

Don't you think there would probably have been logistically easier and probably more successful ways than trying to stop his car in a city famous for it's traffic jams? The drive by is a traditional way of doing things in Thailand, but without some help to guarantee getting there and getting away, extremely risky.

Of course it would help, if for one day, the cameras go off and everyone turns a blind eye.

There isn't any traffic at 5 AM and certainly no police, apparently Sondhi takes this route everyday to host the same program. They could have followed his car every morning to find a perfect spot and plan escape routes. From what I know about assassinations from watching numreous Hollywood movies it was a perfectly planned job. Of course they didn't kill him, but that's just the shooters failure, not the planners.

There ARE CCTV images released by the police, I saw them somewhere on manager site.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumour going around among Thais I know is that it's Suthep Tueksuban the deputy prime minister behind the attempted hit. Sondi 'outed' him as the power behind Abhisit. Sondi calls Abhisit the puppet of Suthep.

Except that info is not worth the bandwidth of saying it.

I could add something, but that would cause that I get warned again for being cynical.....

If there would be the smallest probability ASTV would fire at Suthep already...

Suthep, in general, isn't loved very much by the general public....

True but contrary to what mentioned above the rumour isnt going round a single Thai I know that Suthep was involved.They all to a person mention someone else and oddly enough the same person. Not Suthep though but rather someone who had previosuly threatened Sondhi and who is defintiely not in the government camp.

The rumour going around among Thais I know is that it's Suthep Tueksuban the deputy prime minister behind the attempted hit. Sondi 'outed' him as the power behind Abhisit. Sondi calls Abhisit the puppet of Suthep.

Except that info is not worth the bandwidth of saying it.

I could add something, but that would cause that I get warned again for being cynical.....

If there would be the smallest probability ASTV would fire at Suthep already...

Suthep, in general, isn't loved very much by the general public....

In fact I don't know a single person who likes him, but that doesn't make him a killer.

NEVER ENDING AFTERMATH

I see the reds are at it again up North today (Saturday) and don't expect this to be over, yet.

As BBC's Jonathan Head (in arse) and others drone on about 'democracy stolen', the REAL fight is about 76 billion frozen baht (and a chance for Mr Thaksin to double-up) by hook, crook, inciting riots, or even via the destruction of the very land he covets to 'rule and plunder' once again. Thus, unfortunately expect more 'bangs' to come with Mr Thaksin's June court date for confiscation of his 76 billion frozen baht looming.

If he wins his cash back, he has more money to finance Thailand's destruction / If he loses, he has more vengeance to fuel Thailand's destruction. In both cases, in the cynical 'hopes' of returning to fix self-caused destruction (and re-fill his off-shore bank accounts).

Judging by Mr Thaksin's actions and options, no matter win/lose in June, Thailand ultimately loses as he simply will NOT give up.

NEXT ASEAN SUMMIT?

-Regarding the next Asean Summit, Phuket would be a wiser choice than Pattaya given the evidence last week and present circumstances.

Police in Pattaya answer to the Mayor whom is the son of notorious Kamnan Poh, (a banned MP from Mr Thaksin's TRT party, now on the 'run' from corruption charges - said to be 'hiding out' at the palatial family compound, but Pattaya police just can't seem to locate him...)

THAILAND'S REAL 'ELITE' - FAMILY MATTERS

Kamnan Poh's family has faced multiple charges ranging from assault and murder to corruption over the years but as in the would-be red choice for PM, the *CHALERM* family murders and assaults etc, witnesses seemed to disappear or suffer 'sudden memory-loss syndrome'...

Quoting proud son & Pattaya Mayor Itthiphol (who's name means literally 'influential) -

"My father and elder brothers are my role models in politics" Mr Itthiphol said.

This is sadly endemic of the 'REAL democracy' some wish for Thailand to continue (or return to full-throttle, at any cost, even a nation's).

The REAL 'elite' are the multiple crooked families controlling many regions around Thailand and they (like several foreigners here sadly) see Mr Thaksin as most suited to 'preserving their lifestyle'...

Full interview from Pattaya's 'infuential' Mayor in today's Bkk Post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1522...political-heart

Beyond the real agenda's of reds/yellows/blues and hues, may the colourless silent majority ultimately win the battle. :o

................edited........

Police in Pattaya answer to the Mayor whom is the son of notorious Kamnan Poh, (a banned MP from Mr Thaksin's TRT party, now on the 'run' from corruption charges - said to be 'hiding out' at the palatial family compound, but Pattaya police just can't seem to locate him...)

Kamnan Poh's family has faced multiple charges ranging from assault and murder to corruption over the years but as in the would-be red choice for PM, the *CHALERM* family murders and assaults etc, witnesses seemed to disappear or suffer 'sudden memory-loss syndrome'...

Quoting proud son & Pattaya Mayor Itthiphol (who's name means literally 'influential) -

"My father and elder brothers are my role models in politics" Mr Itthiphol said.

This is sadly endemic of the 'REAL democracy' some wish for Thailand to continue (or return to full-throttle, at any cost, even a nation's).

The REAL 'elite' are the multiple crooked families controlling many regions around Thailand and they (like several foreigners here sadly) see Mr Thaksin as most suited to 'preserving their lifestyle'...

Beyond the real agenda's of reds/yellows/blues and hues, may the colourless silent majority ultimately win the battle. :o

Your reference from "Poh" to Chalerms Sons... came to mind immediately too!

The weeding out of this scum, is the inheritance one, may it be Abhisit or

anyone else who honestly embarks onto the very treacherous journey

to ring in elementary changes to this Nation to GENUINELY help the

poor country folks and citizens to shape a new future!

It this culture of "puu yai's" which makes possible what we've seen

in the past years unfolding, it never was Sondhi's or the PAD's "last battle"

it's the nations last battle...if this is understood as the bangkok citizen reaction

on the Red's has shown - it still will take a long way to go!

It's not thaksin, it's the system which gave him the stage to perform on!

Thaksi only blatantly used it to consolidate his power, influence to steal

from the state coffers - all the way up to his armpits in the treasure chests!

NEVER ENDING AFTERMATH

I see the reds are at it again up North today (Saturday) and don't expect this to be over, yet.

As BBC's Jonathan Head (in arse) and others drone on about 'democracy stolen', the REAL fight is about 76 billion frozen baht (and a chance for Mr Thaksin to double-up) by hook, crook, inciting riots, or even via the destruction of the very land he covets to 'rule and plunder' once again. Thus, unfortunately expect more 'bangs' to come with Mr Thaksin's June court date for confiscation of his 76 billion frozen baht looming.

If he wins his cash back, he has more money to finance Thailand's destruction / If he loses, he has more vengeance to fuel Thailand's destruction. In both cases, in the cynical 'hopes' of returning to fix self-caused destruction (and re-fill his off-shore bank accounts).

Judging by Mr Thaksin's actions and options, no matter win/lose in June, Thailand ultimately loses as he simply will NOT give up.

NEXT ASEAN SUMMIT?

-Regarding the next Asean Summit, Phuket would be a wiser choice than Pattaya given the evidence last week and present circumstances.

Agree totally! And you run a great website too!

:D

BBC reported there could be many suspects, and not just the reds.

I am quite sure it is not the Reds. The Reds may have the capacity to instigate violence. But this is the work of a team of professional hit men. It must be directed by someone who holds utmost hatred against Sondhi. Who is he?

Pretty bad show all round, but your post requires an answer. Professional hit men? Think I'd be looking for a refund after their efforts.

There ARE CCTV images released by the police, I saw them somewhere on manager site.

CCTV images, loads of forensic clues, plus the likelihood that the hired thugs eventually get drunk an boast in public of their deeds.

It is not realistic in Thailand to expect the professionalism of CSI Miami to solve this case, but the TV images of several well-fed senior police officers prodding and posing with the car, and the crowds of rubberneckers close enough to sneeze on the evidence, plus a possible lack of political will by the police to actually solve the case. Can we expect some poor Burmese immigrants to confess soon?

Reminds me on the Article from Shawn W. Crispin in the Asia Times
Thaksin's recent rally cries for a national uprising against aristocracy and the need for "true democracy" have echoed Jakrapob's long-held views that certain royal bodies should have a diminished future role in the country's democracy.

Nor is it clear that the UDD's provocative calls and tilt towards brinksmanship will enhance or undermine Thaksin's future negotiating position vis-a-vis his now publicly identified establishment adversaries. One UDD organizer, who requested anonymity, suggested that Thaksin's calls for a national uprising were no idle threat and that the protest group could in the weeks ahead stir more trouble at the provincial level.

He claimed that Thaksin operatives had for the past two years clandestinely funneled small arms through Cambodia to his supporters in various northeastern provinces, where Thaksin's grassroots support runs deep. The well-placed source also said the arms had been moved and distributed with the help of former Communist Party of Thailand (CPT) contacts, an ideologically driven insurgent group active in the 1960s and 1970s that frequently criticized the royal family during its years of armed resistance.

The group was disbanded in the 1980s, but some of its former student leaders were among Thaksin's top aides while he was in government. There are no indications Thaksin would support an armed insurgency to push his supposedly democratic agenda, but his vow to return to the country if the military cracked down on his supporters has raised new security questions. Abhisit vaguely acknowledged at the height of the recent unrest that the UDD had stockpiled weapons, but he failed to elaborate if that was only in Bangkok or more broadly across the country.

Source:

Sondhi's shooting beginning of phase B ?

Sorry but this sounds like complete BS. The communist underground party is still active in Thailand? Red shirts and CPT joining together? Sounds like some journalist is spending too much time on a nana plaza bar stool and having a laugh at his readers.

of course, he has a source who cant be named. how convenient.

Edited by TonySoprano

Thaksin's recent rally cries for a national uprising against aristocracy and the need for "true democracy" have echoed Jakrapob's long-held views that certain royal bodies should have a diminished future role in the country's democracy.

Nor is it clear that the UDD's provocative calls and tilt towards brinksmanship will enhance or undermine Thaksin's future negotiating position vis-a-vis his now publicly identified establishment adversaries. One UDD organizer, who requested anonymity, suggested that Thaksin's calls for a national uprising were no idle threat and that the protest group could in the weeks ahead stir more trouble at the provincial level.

He claimed that Thaksin operatives had for the past two years clandestinely funneled small arms through Cambodia to his supporters in various northeastern provinces, where Thaksin's grassroots support runs deep. The well-placed source also said the arms had been moved and distributed with the help of former Communist Party of Thailand (CPT) contacts, an ideologically driven insurgent group active in the 1960s and 1970s that frequently criticized the royal family during its years of armed resistance.

The group was disbanded in the 1980s, but some of its former student leaders were among Thaksin's top aides while he was in government. There are no indications Thaksin would support an armed insurgency to push his supposedly democratic agenda, but his vow to return to the country if the military cracked down on his supporters has raised new security questions. Abhisit vaguely acknowledged at the height of the recent unrest that the UDD had stockpiled weapons, but he failed to elaborate if that was only in Bangkok or more broadly across the country.

Source:

Sorry but this sounds like complete BS. The communist underground party is still active in Thailand? Red shirts and CPT joining together? Sounds like some journalist is spending too much time on a nana plaza bar stool and having a laugh at his readers.

Ofcourse you would disregard one of the few competent journalists in the region when it suits your agenda. Anything else wasn't expected.

Ps. We already know several anti-Monarchy, marxist and communist groups are aligned with the Reds, as they find they have a common goal [overthrowing/de-stabilizing the government]. Unless you claim that known individuals as Giles et al isn't marxist at all... :o Ds.

Source:

Ofcourse you would disregard one of the few competent journalists in the region when it suits your agenda. Anything else wasn't expected.

Ps. We already know several anti-Monarchy, marxist and communist groups are aligned with the Reds, as they find they have a common goal [overthrowing/de-stabilizing the government]. Unless you claim that known individuals as Giles et al isn't marxist at all... :o Ds.

here's an idea. instead of saying "several former CPT party members were close Thaskin aides", why not actually list their names? Or are they secret names? When you see this type of journalism, constantly relying on "John Does" and "Sources anon", its a good clue that its bs.

name your sources, otherwise, there is no evidence. you are writing a fiction novel but thats 99% of journalism these days.

There were plenty former CPT members who were Thaksin advisors or held posts in his cabinets,

They stay away from the media and their names are not well known to farangs. I, personally, can't remember their surnames. Phongsak and Poomtam have been reported as being on "active" duty during the recent uprising.

Source:

Hold on. Crispin never said that the CPT was still active in Thailand. As written above, and repeated below, he referred to former CPT contacts." The direct quote is:

"The well-placed source also said the arms had been moved and distributed with the help of former Communist Party of Thailand (CPT) contacts, an ideologically driven insurgent group active in the 1960s and 1970s that frequently criticized the royal family during its years of armed resistance."

This is just my theory, based on my imagination:

The shooting is intended to kill Sondhi by a group of people. The group has use Sondhi to the dirty job, and has promise him that they will reward him with .... you name it, could be be wealth, own TV station, power, even the PM chair?

However, now Sondhi is demanding payment, which the group have to intiontion to pay in the first place. Sondhi treaten to disclose the deal, so the small group will have to hire someone (possible with previous military trainning) to silent him.

As for the identity of the small group, I don't think it is UDD/UAAD/Thaksin/RED as the situation is too hot on them now. This group is using the opportunity to lay blame to Thaksin.

On the right track...good observation and analysis :o

If we just take Taksin out of the equation for 5 minutes, what is the real reason why thousands of people turn up in red shirts. Its not to help T get his money back and they certainly are not facing bullets for 500 baht a day. Its bcos they have spent many generations being shat on by the ruling classes and sensed an opputunity to vent their feelings.

For the genuine people in red, not the agitators, we should stand and applaud them for at last finding the balls to do something about their dire life of poverty. The little sideshows of T and Sondhi are clouding the picture. I am not in agreement with any violence and if the the reds take to the streets again and protest with no trouble I would personally applaud every last one of them. How many people making comments about the evil reds could survive on 1000 baht a month. They just want to share in the countrys wealth.

The army cannot protect the elite for ever and if T (new money)succeeds and sets foot back on home soil you will not be able to get a seat on any plane flying to China, Singapore and Hong Kong. Now that sight would make great tv. All the big boys stabbing each other in the back to get the last seat

One of the best posts that I have read on the situation so far!! :o

It might be except it's fantasy. Thaksin cannot be rehabilitated at this point. The question now is, who is he going to try to take down with him.

Take Thaksin down.. Whatever.. if Thaksin were to be killed tomorrow, the majority of people will still feel disenfranchised. What they need is a new election. This time follow through with democracy. Everyone must respect the vote. I live in the United States of American. It is how its done here. Even though there are people who do not like Obama, people feel like their vote counted and people aren't so unset as to start a civil war. Gaming the system so that your party always wins -- we'll there's a saying in the USA, "don't tread on me"... Trust me, if people's votes didn't count in the USA, there will be blood here too. But lucky for Americans, our votes count :-)

May you stop your fantasy stories about US so called democracy. Or do I have to mention a few presidential elections who has not be kosher at all, not yet to mention the many frauds in Senator and governor elections in the past.

Or do you deny the problems Afro-Americans have to register for the elections. In this way its easy to win, just don't let people register.

It looking a little closer to civil war.

Army still on the streets, Sondhi shot, rumor mill working overtime on Red shirts killed during the demonstrations with missing taxi drivers.

Spare a thought for the DHL pick up guy he has to wear a uniform half yellow half red.

Watching from Canada I'm just glad again that relatively little blood was shed in the recent red and previous yellow demonstrations.Last time I flew to BKK was on December 7/08,one day after the yellow shirted fellows left the airport.With a current tourist advisory warning for Thailand issued by Canada(and China,etc..)going back to Sept.2006 with the army coup,it is nice for us that go back and forth.The airport was virtually empty on arrival(lovely)and the north of Thailand was virtually devoid of farang(except me of course,with my thai family ),unfortunately bad for tourism,convenient and pleasant for me.

The shooting is intended to kill Sondhi by a group of people. The group has use Sondhi to the dirty job, and has promise him that they will reward him with .... you name it, could be be wealth, own TV station, power, even the PM chair?

However, now Sondhi is demanding payment, which the group have to intiontion to pay in the first place. Sondhi treaten to disclose the deal, so the small group will have to hire someone (possible with previous military trainning) to silent him.

As for the identity of the small group, I don't think it is UDD/UAAD/Thaksin/RED as the situation is too hot on them now. This group is using the opportunity to lay blame to Thaksin.

I don't necessarilly disagree with samgrowth's "analysis" but since you know he is is "on the right track" could you put us all "in the know" as to what may be going on?

What's amazing to me, in this small country, is that we all know somebody that is attached to one of the "power elite". I could tell you what the King had for breakfast or if the Prince or Prime Miinister were under the weather, or if Jakrapob's Chiang Mai boyfriend was hiding him, but I still couldn't say who it is exactly that went after Sondhi. What makes you so sure?

552000004300301.jpg552000004651601.jpg

Jatuporn Phrompan and Sondhi Limthongkul

UDD leader expresses regret to Sondhi after assassination attempt yesterday

Leader of the red-shirt people or the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) has expressed regret towards Mr. Sondhi Limthongkul, a core leader of the PAD or the yellow-shirt people whose life was attempted on in an assassination plot yesterday morning.

Jatuporn Phrompan, a core leader of the red-shirt people or the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) has today expressed his regret on behalf of his members towards Mr. Sondhi Limthongkul, a core leader of the PAD or the yellow- shirt people, and his family for the assassination attempt yesterday morning.

Jatuporn affirmed that despite his and Mr. Sondhi’s ongoing conflicts, he had never had any intention to take his opponent’s life.

He also added that the possibility of the Red and Yellow shirted groups to collide is quite low since the two groups had a really different political stance, but insisting that there will not be violence between the two groups.

- ThaiNews / 2009-04-18

Edited by sriracha john

UDD leader expresses regret to Sondhi after assassination attempt yesterday

He also added that the possibility of the Red and Yellow shirted groups to collide is quite low since the two groups had a really different political stance, but insisting that there will not be violence between the two groups.

- ThaiNews / 2009-04-18

Oh good. It's all over then. Back to normal, great!

I don't necessarilly disagree with samgrowth's "analysis" but since you know he is is "on the right track" could you put us all "in the know" as to what may be going on?

What's amazing to me, in this small country, is that we all know somebody that is attached to one of the "power elite". I could tell you what the King had for breakfast or if the Prince or Prime Miinister were under the weather, or if Jakrapob's Chiang Mai boyfriend was hiding him, but I still couldn't say who it is exactly that went after Sondhi. What makes you so sure?

Theory number 2; something I pick up from the night Thai soap on TV plus the clip below:

He could be messing with someone's wife/girlfriend.

So the husband/boyfriend gather some people to warn him (not to kill him).

Being one of the reds, I don't hate Sondhi. He's more like a comedy man.

PAD is not our competitor. We fight with those behind Abhisit's back (army, media and more...). We in fact fall in love with Sondhi when recently he had very funny talks on AStv. We wanted to invite him to our red stage.

He said "Is Democrat considering us secret wife so they only stop by when they have mood?" :o

The idea of making public think we wanted to kill Sondhi does not work this time. Who could carry guns to shoot like that when the State of Emergency is announced and soldiers are still on streets? The reds had to wear different color when seeing red leaders.

When they fought with soldiers at Din Daeng, they only had long sticks, stones and burning oil bottles.

Being one of the reds, I don't hate Sondhi. He's more like a comedy man.

PAD is not our competitor. We fight with those behind Abhisit's back (army, media and more...). We in fact fall in love with Sondhi when recently he had very funny talks on AStv. We wanted to invite him to our red stage.

He said "Is Democrat considering us secret wife so they only stop by when they have mood?" :o

The idea of making public think we wanted to kill Sondhi does not work this time. Who could carry guns to shoot like that when the State of Emergency is announced and soldiers are still on streets? The reds had to wear different color when seeing red leaders.

When they fought with soldiers at Din Daeng, they only had long sticks, stones and burning oil bottles.

Koo, do you have any evidence or speculation whether or not any "red" members died at Din Daeng? I'm not asking to discredit you, but in my mind it's still an open question.

lannarebirth,

All things concerned with whether reds at Din Daeng are dead are blocked. I can't read any when searching in both Thai and English. Free tv showed tonight that some people claimed that their people are missing. All I can read is normal people died because the reds attacked them and it is an old childish game. Anyone can wear a red and makes normal people hate the reds.

We don't want to kill anyone. We just ask them to accept the election results and not to stage any more coups. We want those who do out of their duties to resign (those who are not supposed to get involved in politics).

Anyone can wear a red and makes normal people hate the reds.

In chinese, this is called "Borrow your enermy knife to comit a murder".

I don't know if the media is block or not, but so far, other than the 2 kill by the RED, I have not heard of any death. Wounded is almost 100 however.

Who has the biggest motive is usually what police look at first.

Revenge for losing everything you cherish is usually considered

one notch under someone trying to kill you,

both as motive and a method of reciprocity.

Position, power, respect, riches, FACE, prospects,

lose of access to family and home.

All sterling motives in a detectives booklet.

Who are the likely suspects?

While Sondhi might be becoming a loose cannon to some of his friends,

there is enough serious MONEY behind him to sweeten his parting deal

enough she he would not care if it didn't match his idealized dream.

Hand him a better media empire to run and off he scuttles.

Next is Dr. T. who fits description 1 pretty tightly.

He laso has motivation to cause conflagration,

and has amoral persons at his disposal for any duty.

And enough money to pull off something like this

and be 10 degrees separated from the trigger men.

If he can cause the yellows to come out and fight the Reds

then there is a better chance that the army can likely be compromised publicly.

He also has a 15 year history of extraordinarily bad blood between him and Sondhi.

Next are other players in the back ground.

Wild cards like Sea Deang who worship thaksin and also weapons as a life style,

seem to have no fear of normal repercussions and like to shake it up.

His denial of involvement came out faster than most anybody else's comments...

I found THAT curious.

Under card guys like Jatuporn who don't seem to think clearly all day long,

especially under preassue, as seen by his university rant session,

just rage-on and give orders or shout things he's like to see happen...

that may be acted on by faces yet unknown to the public.

Some of his underlings could have heard him rant and hoped to please him.

This scenario can apply to several in the dual red shirt / PTP ranks.

Now we see Jatuporn backpedaling furiously to prevent yellows going balistic on his crew.

Plus he should not LOOK utterly unhuman and depraved on international TV

Jakrabbit Bob night have had a word. Dude cool it or they will hang you high, MP or not.

That PAD

...tried to whack their own guy for sympathy or appearances. Uh...

Sorry, just ludicrously absurd.

Too many chances to lose a strong leader for a charade attempt.

The guy was just lucky beyond three lifetimes.

That the government

is trying to lose a troublesome voice.

Well he was a big mouth for PAD, but by far NOT the only one.

The effect of losing him is similar to grenading GHouse,

hardening of positions and retrenchment around the now martyred leader.

So again not logical if thought out.

The Army.

Well why do they really CARE about Sondhi? They ARE the bleeding army.

They don't care, he is just a baying dog in the night,

but a useful tool at times.

Oh yes let's not forget to grasp at straws,

and add jealous boyfriend or girlfriend or katoey.

At his age?? And general condition???

there is no one too jealous of sleeping with this guy.

Jealousiy is a hands on yourself thing for the pleasure of topping the rival.

Or typically by a woman hiring one fool with a pistol for 8,000baht,

not 3-4 men with automatic assault weapons.

Again highly illogical.

I am sure there are a few other potential players, all unlikely,

but where there's smoke there's fire.

What about the institution?

You said it, I didn't, but I find that notion beyond the pale...

All the more so by lacking in ANY discernible motivation.

Faaaar lower on the scale than a jealous katoey.

Edited by animatic

We don't want to kill anyone. We just ask them to accept the election results and not to stage any more coups.

Koo, I rarely respond to anyone 'personally' but I must say although I disagree with many of your posts, I do appreciate your passion and agree with the above insofar as my own feeling is coup's are NOT the answer (nor is occupying airports, rioting, or especially killing innocents, by any side).

I must also say, fact is the last coup was more than 3 years ago, and we are now currently in a critical global economic crisis and the last thing Thailand needs is instigated instability and violence, CLEARLY? There are signs the global economic crisis is now hitting bottom, thus, why not give the current Govt time to try and steer the country out from this highest priority for ALL (say 3 to 6 more months, vs 3 or 4 months of a rudderless Govt should the house be dissolved and new elections be called?)

Getting back to coups, I wish Thailand had left Mr Thaksin in his autocratic regime, until even the most heinously trapped ('conveniently for Mr Thaksin's needs) impoverished villager said MAI OW under the crushing weight of even more 'easy debt' and self-dissolving decaying populist candy cynically offered to them instead of needed long-term assistance, re-training, re-tooling and REAL reform...

Last, do you feel Mr Thaksin's court case on the confiscation of his frozen 76 billion baht (approx 2.2 Billion USD) which is due in just a few weeks has any bearing on the sudden increase of desperate acts by your reds?

I know you can speak and write perfect English from 'some' of your varied posts, thus, understanding and responding to this one should not pose a problem. Sincere thanks for your consideration to reply to all points.

We don't want to kill anyone. We just ask them to accept the election results and not to stage any more coups.

Koo, I rarely respond to anyone 'personally' but I must say although I disagree with many of your posts, I do appreciate your passion and agree with the above insofar as my own feeling is coup's are NOT the answer (nor is occupying airports, rioting, or especially killing innocents, by any side).

I must also say, fact is the last coup was more than 3 years ago, and we are now currently in a critical global economic crisis and the last thing Thailand needs is instigated instability and violence, CLEARLY? There are signs the global economic crisis is now hitting bottom, thus, why not give the current Govt time to try and steer the country out from this highest priority for ALL (say 3 to 6 more months, vs 3 or 4 months of a rudderless Govt should the house be dissolved and new elections be called?)

Getting back to coups, I wish Thailand had left Mr Thaksin in his autocratic regime, until even the most heinously trapped ('conveniently for Mr Thaksin's needs) impoverished villager said MAI OW under the crushing weight of even more 'easy debt' and self-dissolving decaying populist candy cynically offered to them instead of needed long-term assistance, re-training, re-tooling and REAL reform...

Last, do you feel Mr Thaksin's court case on the confiscation of his frozen 76 billion baht (approx 2.2 Billion USD) which is due in just a few weeks has any bearing on the sudden increase of desperate acts by your reds?

I know you can speak and write perfect English from 'some' of your varied posts, thus, understanding and responding to this one should not pose a problem. Sincere thanks for your consideration to reply to all points.

Ok Koo, perhaps respond to my weekly newsletter if you disagree:

NEVER ENDING AFTERMATH

source: BahtSold.com News Editorial Apr 18, 2009

'HEAD IN SAND' AS THAILAND TORN APART

As Mr Thaksin's reds burned and rioted on Bangkok streets and attacked poor vendors and locals at Din Daeng and elsewhere, BBC's Jonathan Head (in sand) and others in the international media, droned on about 'democracy stolen' as if straight from Mr Thaksin's PR machine's talking points.

However, currently the REAL fight in Thailand is more about 76 billion frozen baht and a desperate attempt by Mr Thaksin to claim it back and double-up. For Mr Thaksin, this URGENT goal is being attempted by hook, crook, inciting riots, murder and ultimately via the destruction of the very land he covets to 'rule and plunder' once again.

Thus, unfortunately expect more 'bangs' to come with Mr Thaksin's June court date looming for confiscation of his 76 billion frozen baht (approx 2.2 Billion USD).

WIN/WIN, LOSE-LOSE

If Mr Thaksin wins his cash back, he has more money to finance Thailand's destruction - If he loses, he has more vengeance to fuel Thailand's destruction. In both cases, in the cynical 'hopes' of returning to fix self-caused destruction (and re-fill his depleted off-shore bank accounts).

NEXT ASEAN SUMMIT?

Leaders are now discussing the next Asean Summit venue. Phuket would be a wiser choice than Pattaya regarding the evidence last week and given present (ongoing) circumstances.

Police in Pattaya answer to the Mayor whom is the son of notorious Kamnan Poh, a banned MP from Mr Thaksin's TRT party, now on the 'run' from corruption charges (said to be 'hiding out' at the palatial family compound, but Pattaya police just can't seem to locate him...)

THAILAND'S 'REAL' ELITE - FAMILY MATTERS

Kamnan Poh's family has faced multiple charges ranging from assault and murder to corruption over the years but as in the would-be red choice for PM, the *CHALERM* family 'alleged' murders and assaults etc, witnesses seemed to disappear or suffer 'sudden memory-loss syndrome'...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/new...phol-political-heart

'REAL' DEMOCRACY?

This is all sadly endemic of the supposed 'REAL democracy' some wish for Thailand to continue (or return to full-throttle, at any cost, even a nation's).

The REAL 'traditional elite' are the multiple crooked families controlling many regions around Thailand and they see Mr Thaksin as the one most suited to 'preserving their lifestyle'...

THE 'FEARANG' EFFECT

Many Expats (or 'farangs' as referred to in Thailand) also fear what they see as an advancing front endangering some Mitty-esque Expat lifestyles in the land of smiles. Thus, many Expats also ardently support Mr Thaksin as their 'best hope' in preserving what they see as endangered lifestyles in advancing times as well. Some even believe Mr Thaksin's return would somehow 'magically' return the pound to 70 (conveniently disregarding global events and further suspending reality in committed Walter Mitty fashion).

No foul in all that but let's just be be straight about it: Despite all the deflecting 'noise', many Expat's fight is not about 'democracy', it's just a more 'decent' rallying cry than stating what they actually desire and desperately fear losing.

Ultimately, it's a great pity so many Expats rally to support Mr Thaksin's obvious self-serving agenda (thus their own). Particularly knowing full well people are literally dying and a beloved country is being torn apart, but for some, as long as this is perceived as aligned with achieving their REAL aims, mai pen rai/it doesn't matter...

BANDING TO PROTECT & SELF-SERVE

Now, many in fear of advancing times are banding together on Mr Thaksin's bandwagon of reckless abandon, some desperately hoping to protect and preserve a system of self-serving corruption, others a Walter Mitty lifestyle. But both in fear of unavoidable advancing times and awakening reality.

BEYOND AGENDAS

Beyond the REAL agendas behind many reds/yellows/blues (and some Expats as well) may the long suffering colourless SILENT MAJORITY of Thais ultimately win the battle.

(the brick-throwing may now commence...)

...BBC's Jonathan Head (in sand) and others in the international media, droned on about 'democracy stolen' as if straight from Mr Thaksin's PR machine's talking points...

Yes, that Jonathan Head is a wag, isn't he? And yes, there are others too:

...Thaksin Shinawatra...and his arch-enemy, Sondhi Limthongkul,...were once friends, but since 2005 Mr Sondhi has battled against Mr Thaksin, his political supporters, and all those who vote for him....

But the formal name of his organisation, the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), is misleading. Throughout last year, it dedicated itself to the overthrow of a government that came to power after a legitimate election in December. Mr Sondhi proposed changes to Thailand's Constitution that would restrict voting rights and have MPs appointed by interest groups rather than national elections.

Naughty Mr. Richard Lloyd Parry of TimesOnline. I must stop reading that rag and make "Baht and Sold" my browser's home page.