3 Threads Closed Questioning Closure Of Lawyer Thread

hill16

For Mario 2008.

I didn't discuss moderation issues in my posts as there was no indication that a moderator had closed the original thread. I asked a perfectly valid question. Why was it closed? Maybe there is a bug or a technical issue. Usually, a moderator would close a thread and would have the courtesy to give an explanation.

My other threads were removed from the forum that I posted them in and put in this forum. How would I know where they are? I saw them one minute in the CM Forum and they were gone the next. Again, it would be common courtesy to tell someone if their posts are being moved to another forum.

If you had bothered to post the reason why the Lawyer thread was closed in the first place then we wouldn't be wasting our time with this issue. In future, please have more respect for those of us who are members of this website.

Kind regards,

Hill16

Threads not in accordance with forum rules can be deleted. If you are not the creator of the posts in question you will not have been informed of their deletion.

As you well know, it is common practice to post on the thread when you are closing it explaining why it is being closed so that everyone who is reading it and thinking of posting is made aware of your decision. You did this yourself yesterday when you moved the 'Conned by English couple' thread.

Courtesy and respect is all that is reequired.

Having looked at your posting history, it appears that 1. you opened multiple threads on the exact same topic, ie the closing of a thread that was not your own. This behavior is frowned upon as it merely creates confusion. and 2, it appears that moderator Mario answered your question in yet another thread you chose to open on this topic.

He thought he had added the reason for closure but there must have been a glitch. The appropriate response, instead of starting threads willy nilly, is to PM the moderator in question and ask.

Since your question has been answered please do not open any further threads regarding this.

You haven't a clue really, do you? I opened multiple threads unintentionally because each time I started a thread it would appear in the CM Forum for a minute or two and then it was moved to this forum without me knowing so I presumed that my originals had disappeared and that's why I started a second and a third.

Again, the moderator addressed my question in a thread in this forum without advising me of this. I was looking in the CM Forum for my 'disappeared' thread. It was only after he PM'd me that I saw his response here.

How could I PM a moderator and query a closure with them if it is not evident that a moderator closed the topic since there was no explanation or moderator activity on that thread? It could've been a system error. Who would know?

Get your facts straight before you start correcting people.

Please read the forum rules .

As for PMing a moderator. Only a mod or admin can close a thread. When you saw that the thread was closed you should have pm'd a mod on duty or used the report button to find out what had happened.

• 3 months later...
Please read the forum rules .

As for PMing a moderator. Only a mod or admin can close a thread. When you saw that the thread was closed you should have pm'd a mod on duty or used the report button to find out what had happened.

agree Common sense really