Extension Of Stay In Pattaya

Went to Pattaya Immigration for an Extension of stay based on my B Visa Entry stamp.

I had a permission to stay til January 29. My plan is to marry my GF next week, and go to Bali, Indonesia and apply for a Non-O based on family Visit there. I have a flight to Bali booked on February 11th.

As I did not know wether an extension will be granted for the period (14 Days or 30 Days, Information varies here ...) after the last Day of the Original Permission, or from the Day of Apply, I wrote "15 Days" in my application.

Also mentioned on that Paper that I have Ticket to Bali on February 11th, and therefore apply to stay until that Day.

First unusual thing: They told me to come back today. So had one Day without Passport. Never so far have I being asked to show Passport, so I was not too worried, but still .... The kaw says foreigners have to carry along Passports at all times, no mention of a situation where the Passport is held by a Government Institution ....

Anyway, came back today to pick up my Passport.

Good news: It has February 12th stamped in!

But: The stamps reads: "Pattaya Immigration Office. Application of Stay is under Consideration of Royal Thai Police. Applicant must contact Pattaya Immigration Office in Person on 12. Feb. 2005"

<deleted>?? I won't be in Pattaya on the 12th, as stated on my Application! Do they really want me there? Why? For what reason?

Any problems in the Pipeline when I exit on Feb 11th at Don Muang and return on the 25th (hopefully) with a new Visa from Bali Consulate?

Have to say I had one extension of stay (on a 30 Day stamp) before, 1 1/2 Years ago. I got a regular stamp with some hand written explanation.

Sunny

Went to Pattaya Immigration for an Extension of stay based on my B Visa Entry stamp.

I had a permission to stay til January 29. My plan is to marry my GF next week, and go to Bali, Indonesia and apply for a Non-O based on family Visit there. I have a flight to Bali booked on February 11th.

As I did not know wether an extension will be granted for the period (14 Days or 30 Days, Information varies here ...) after the last Day of the Original Permission, or from the Day of Apply, I wrote "15 Days" in my application.

Also mentioned on that Paper that I have Ticket to Bali on February 11th, and therefore apply to stay until that Day.

First unusual thing: They told me to come back today. So had one Day without Passport. Never so far have I being asked to show Passport, so I was not too worried, but still .... The kaw says foreigners have to carry along Passports at all times, no mention of a situation where the Passport is held by a Government Institution ....

Anyway, came back today to pick up my Passport.

Good news: It has February 12th stamped in!

But: The stamps reads: "Pattaya Immigration Office. Application of Stay is under Consideration of Royal Thai Police. Applicant must contact Pattaya Immigration Office in Person on 12. Feb. 2005"

<deleted>?? I won't be in Pattaya on the 12th, as stated on my Application! Do they really want me there? Why? For what reason?

Any problems in the Pipeline when I exit on Feb 11th at Don Muang and return on the 25th (hopefully) with a new Visa from Bali Consulate?

Have to say I had one extension of stay (on a 30 Day stamp) before, 1 1/2 Years ago. I got a regular stamp with some hand written explanation.

Sunny

Not sure but by the sounds of it they maybe think your applying for the o through them and they are considering it, thats the same stamp that my guitar player gets every month whilst he's waiting for his year stamp.

It's the standard stamp you get when extending any visa type. You don't need to meet up if you're not in the country.

Leaving the passport with immigration overnight is quite normal during the high season (even sometimes during low season too).

Edited by madsere

Thanks for the answers.

Dave: Don't think that they will consider an application based on a marriage which is as of now both unregistered and unknown to them.

Anyway, what would happen in case I come on the 12th as written on the stamp?

"Sorry, farang, thanks for coming to see us, but you have less than 12 hours to leave the country now!"?

The usual Question when dealing with Immigration issues (anywhere in the world, but Thailand is special ...): Does it make sense?

Sunny

Don't worry about the stamp for the 12th as you will be gone before that.

Go and get married, and apply for a Non O visa overseas, based on your marriage.

That will allow you to come back in for 3 months and you can then apply for the one year extension after about 2 months

They do pretty much the same if you try to get a second month extension on your tourist visa.

First they stamp "application under consideration" with the mention to come back 15 days later. When you go back after 15 days they will stamp you the remaining 15 days, for which you don't have to pay as it is the extension you applied (and payed) for 15 days ago they approve...

Very common, as is having to leave your passport over night, espacially in busier months.

Edited by monty

monty expressed it perfectly - basically they are telling you that they give you 15 days now, and most likely would give you another 15 on the 12th.

don't worry, just get to bali, get married - all the best to both of you - and come back with the non-immigrant-o.