Susan Boyle - Truly Remarkable Talent An Inspiration To Us All

Here's the proof in the pudding that natural raw talent does not have to come from the young and beautiful. Susan Boyle, born with slight brain damage and bullied at school performs on the TV Show 'Britain's Got Talent' and leaves everyone emotionally speechless. It's not often you will witness this in your life time, a real lost talent found at the age of 47. If this don't bring a tear to your eye nothing will!...have a look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Here's the proof in the pudding that natural raw talent does not have to come from the young and beautiful. Susan Boyle, born with slight brain damage and bullied at school performs on the TV Show 'Britain's Got Talent' and leaves everyone emotionally speechless. It's not often you will witness this in your life time, a real lost talent found at the age of 47. If this don't bring a tear to your eye nothing will!...have a look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

She brought a tear to both my wifes and my eyes. Sure was nice to see the smirks wiped of the faces of the shallows :o

She is good, but the massive interest spawned is more due to the unexpectedness of her performance vs her age and looks.

Not to take away from the performance itself which was quite good, but to really gauge if she is a "parrot" performer or has something special quite a few more different songs/performances is required.

I guess further episodes of Britain got talent will give some more answers....

In the meantime ... For those looking for someone with a truly unique and amazing voice coupled with exceptional musical artistry, here is a tip: Lea Salonga

But she actually does have a drawback though ... in addition to her singing talent she also looks quite gorgeous ... LOL

Edited by Fun2Fun

Why not a linky link to some clip then?

Ok ... then some info links:

Lea Salonga Wikipedia

Lea Salonga Youtube

Edit: That Lea is already professional singer so is not good comparison.

There is really no comparison between the two at all ... Lea is clearly at different level ...

I just gave it as an example to keep some of the more "buoyant" posters a bit more grounded in their assessments of a singular performance with a very high "surprise" factor in-play.

Edited by Fun2Fun

My intention of posting on here was to accuse Alex of loving the 'sound of his own voice' by posting 5/13 with at least 4 being pointless.

However, after seeing that performance I can't be bothered to have a go at Alex - Susan Boyle's performace was stunning, and what a beautiful voice.

Absolutely nothing to do with Thailand but then neither has half the excrement that finds it's way into some of the topics.

Edited by Chaimai

Here another HQ version of Paul:

I fully agree with TT, but he did have extensive voice training before, Susan just practised in local clubs and karaoke shops.

Some articles point out her poor looks and I really hope she will not change how she dresses and hairstyle and such, just to remind people that it is not about how smart you look but what is inside.

To me Paul made a mistake by upping his costume to grey sheep expectations on how an opera singer should look like, when do people realise it is not about what you wear?

I just hope Susan stays the same pure human and will make us feel happy and delighted with a beautiful voice and her emotions.

There is really plenty of many good voices around that just practice at home or small clubs and such.

Have a look at this Dutch girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJp_NdrusE

Still her voice a bit "Thinner" than Beyonce but nevertheless very promising.

:o

Edit: Turn down the volume half or so.

Edited by AlexLah

Here another HQ version of Paul:

I fully agree with TT, but he did have extensive voice training before, Susan just practised in local clubs and karaoke shops.

Some articles point out her poor looks and I really hope she will not change how she dresses and hairstyle and such, just to remind people that it is not about how smart you look but what is inside.

but surely there is no harm in her looking a tad more elegent? especially with respect to the repertoire of ballad type songs that she will sing?

To me Paul made a mistake by upping his costume to grey sheep expectations on how an opera singer should look like, when do people realise it is not about what you wear?

I just hope Susan stays the same pure human and will make us feel happy and delighted with a beautiful voice and her emotions.

The lady has got a very fine voice but the question is will the 'entertainment, media' world truly accept her in her own right or basically as a sort of 'freak' who happens to sing very well? Not that you absolutely have to have 'orthodox' beauty to make it as a singer of the kind of songs Susan sings (you certainly have to have very good sexy looks for the young market) Being ugly has certainly not hampered Celine Dion.

As for Paul potts he is just 'another' club caberet opera singer, he sounds quite feeble compared to Domingo, Pavarotti, Boerling etc

i like this girl

she's so cute :o

Her mother looks like she has some contestants on the way.

These "reality" shows are the modern day circus freak show, complete with bearded lady. They are cheap, nasty and only serve to keep advertisements from occupying the full hour.