Comprehensive Insurance On A Motorbike

rideswings

My wife and I bought a Yamaha Fino yesterday and bought one year insurance for 1500 baht which was supposed to be included in the negotiated purchase price, but they charged me extra later for it anyway. My wife understood that it covers medical bills if we get into an accident, covers replacement cost of the motorbike if it gets stolen, but as she understands it, we are not covered for any repairs if there is an accident. This does not make any sense to me. Could there be an extra coverage we need to buy for repairs?

I really need to learn to read and write Thai if I am going to live here. Being illiterate usually means a misunderstanding to the other persons benefit. :o

Edited by rideswings

My wife and I bought a Yamaha Fino yesterday and bought one year insurance for 1500 baht which was supposed to be included in the negotiated purchase price, but they charged me extra later for it anyway. My wife understood that it covers medical bills if we get into an accident, covers replacement cost of the motorbike if it gets stolen, but as she understands it, we are not covered for any repairs if there is an accident. This does not make any sense to me. Could there be an extra coverage we need to buy for repairs?

I really need to learn to read and write Thai if I am going to live here. Being illiterate usually means a misunderstanding to the other persons benefit. :o

What you have 'bought' – without seeing the actual policy – is a 3rd party policy. Naturally this does not cover your property/bike for which you need 1st Class (comprehensive) cover.

Please contact Thai Visa Insurance and we will be able to sort it out for you :

[email protected]